Giving vaping another shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennet

May 25, 2016
Hi guys in not a new carpet I had started to vape years ago when penstyle batteries were your only option.. I have been put off it recently by I guess you can say bad mods, I had a istick 20w where the oring under the fire pin broke I tried to fix only to have pin fall out in my hand then went and bought a istick TC40w it was great for about a month and now the damn thing won't even turn on. So gave it up but my wife got a job at a local vape shop and pushed me back into it.. I now have a minivolt that is working great my question is this I build my own coils and I'm not a cloud chaser but when I build low ohm coils they burn up with in a few days but when I build what I have going now 1.6 it will last me weeks? Like I said I'm not chasing clouds but I do think the flavors are better for myself at the higher watts.

Reactions: bnrkwest

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
howdy! and welcome back!

really is going to depend on the build - type of wire, etc - i have coils in some of my rda's that i have been running for months - periodically have to pull the wick, dry burn and rinse the coils, re-wick then back in business... are you running an rda or a tank on the mini volt?

Reactions: Dennet

Dennet

May 25, 2016
I have the kanger subtank plus with the rebuild in it right now I have 28g kanthol wire for a 1.6 but I do like the heat and flavor when I build lower but after a few days I'll go to re wick and my coil is all gunked up even dry firing don't clean it up and if I do re wick that coil the taste is just plain nasty. I know my device is not mention to sub ohm on for a long period of time I mean it's small you can't expect the battery to be great so I have been sticking to higher builds but would like to know if I'm maybe not doing something right with my lower builds

Dennet

May 25, 2016
The juice I have is a 70/30 blend vg/pg and I go mostly with fruit flavors but I also have menthol in it as I am a menthol cigg smoker. I have managed to the other day twist together 2 pieces of 29g kanthol and make a 1.4 coil with it and it is producing great flavor and vapor at 15.5 watts. That was my first attempt at twisting wires together to make a coil but it is holding up real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread