Glass or plastic bottles

What is your preferance glass or plastic bottles?

• Glass eye dropper Bottles for all

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Plastic Bottles for all

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Plastic Bottles for tanks , glass eye dropper bottles for dripping

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don't care. Both are good.

Votes: 25 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I started with glass but went to plastic for dripping convenience. Mostly. I DIY and the big problem with plastic is that it retains the juice aroma. So I leave the labels on after I clean them out and try to reuse them for something at least close if I don't want to refill with the same recipe.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I started with glass but went to plastic for dripping convenience. Mostly. I DIY and the big problem with plastic is that it retains the juice aroma. So I leave the labels on after I clean them out and try to reuse them for something at least close if I don't want to refill with the same recipe.
I've used coffee filters to remove odors from plastic containers. Wouldn't this work the plastic bottles?

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
What exactly did you do? Not following you...
I placed a coffee filter in the plastic container and sealed it for a couple of days. Then removed the coffee filter and the smell was gone. Others have mentioned using newspaper to do this also - mainly on food containers. I would think (but haven't tried it for e-liquid bottles) that you could place a section of coffee filter in the bottle folding a bit over the top to allow easy removal and seal it with the cap for a couple of days?

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I placed a coffee filter in the plastic container and sealed it for a couple of days. Then removed the coffee filter and the smell was gone. Others have mentioned using newspaper to do this also - mainly on food containers. I would think (but haven't tried it for e-liquid bottles) that you could place a section of coffee filter in the bottle folding a bit over the top to allow easy removal and seal it with the cap for a couple of days?
Interesting

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
At first I didn't care for glass, but I got these blue cobalt ones and the lids are tight and the eyedripper is excellent on those. So I'll probably just get more of those. I was using both as I diy, and do love the convienence of the plastic bottles, but I fear them leeching after so many uses. As for smell using the plastic, I do what VNeil does and keep similiar mixes in those bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread