Glass Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Any hardware store will sell diamond cutting discs for a Dremel. Just make sure you cut it in/under water.

With all due respect, that's making it more difficult than it need be. Cutting glass tubing is a simple matter: use a tubing cutter designed for glass. They're cheap. Probably cheaper than a diamond cutting disc for a Dremel. All you need to do is make a small score all the way around the tubing and snap it.

Here's an interesting example: glass tube cutting - YouTube

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Has anyone made a carto with these glass tubes? I was wondering how you would seal the ends?

I went by the hardware store yesterday, but they tossed all the old sight-glass tubing they had.

I'm just at a loss as to what to use for the ends. I don't like the idea of grommets in contact with fluid that I'm vaping, and some people are saying syringe mods can leach into fluid and make it taste strange.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I use vinyl grommets with O-rings. The vinyl will hold up. The rubber grommets and syringe ends (also rubber) will bleed into the juice making it nasty.

For grommets, use 5/16" ID and 5/8" OD. The O-rings should be 1/2" ID and 5/8" OD (or size .014). This is with a 5/8" ID tubing.

(ID is inner dimension, OD is outer dimension.)

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I went by the hardware store yesterday, but they tossed all the old sight-glass tubing they had.

I'm just at a loss as to what to use for the ends. I don't like the idea of grommets in contact with fluid that I'm vaping, and some people are saying syringe mods can leach into fluid and make it taste strange.

I was thinking along the same line but a small O-ring in a glass tube should still be better than filler or a plastic tube.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
That's the part that I have been researching now. I want glass due to contamination, but I want to avoid as much as possible. I have a couple of ideas that are not economically feasible (custom is not cheap), but I am still figuring that there is something that will work and not leach and will not leak.

Vinyl - hmmm - maybe...

VapoVamp

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
N.C.
101_0071.jpg FYI....this is from http://www.notcigs.com/...COOL! Huh!?

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Phiniac sells pyrex tanks, plain or decorated and etched are coming soon.

Their forum thread is here.

I don't own one yet, still in the coveting stage.

So very, very pretty.

The price is just to much for a simple product and they do not give enough on the grommet material for me to know if they are rubber or vinyl. Look like rubber. You can make the simple tube for the tank using pyrex tubing for a couple of dollars. You can add some design elements with other craft materials simply enough also. My only hard part is the sealing and contamination parts of the equation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread