[CLOSED] GLASSMANOAK’s THE VAPE TREE - Discounts, Promotions, Updates, and Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
8.17 - 3

I usually run dual 26 or dual twisted 28, both at 2mm. I've tried 3mm but they always seem to fall apart on me.

What's you chosen method for making the Clapton wire? I always fail miserably. Kinked center wires or poorly spaced or loose outter wires. Drill. Hand. Doesn't seem to matter. I just can't seem to get it right.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The key in the twisted is hand-twisting. I hook the looped end of about 6 feet of wire in a pen clip, and roll the pen down my leg. Wires rolled like this are no where near as tight as those that are drill twisted. The extra gaps give additional surface area...

Larger (3 mm) coils also allow for additional surface area. I also wrap spaced coils which rarely have hot legs or hot spots. Spaced coils also give more surface area. More surface area means more points of contact for the e-liquid means more vapor.

I used a cordless drill and a gutted Kanger Evod coil.
  1. Straighten your core wire
  2. Chuck straightened wire in drill
    1. IF using a short length (12" or less) go to step 3. This is preferred.
    2. IF using a length longer than 12", clamp the opposite end loosely. I used a set of helping hands. Keep the wire straight!
  3. Thread your wrapper wire through the cored Kanger Evod coil top to bottom.
  4. Set end of wrapper wire in the side of the chuck.
  5. Start the drill slowly and let the core wire rest in the groove of the bottom of the Kanger Evod tank.
  6. Let the wrapping guide your hand...
    1. DO NOT push the wire down the core. This will result in a gapped clapton.
    2. DO NOT hold the wire back. This will result in overlapping wraps.
  7. You can speed up the drill as you get comfortable with the feel of the wrapping. Be patient, though...

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
8.17 - 4

Excellent tips, Sir! I've grown so used to micro coils I never even thought to space the coils out. Certainly give that a try...

Clapton's may be a little more trial and error though! But I appreciate the guidance!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
I haven't tried a Clapton coil. Just looks to difficult for me. I didn't notice a big difference between twisted and just a single wire, I'll have to try again it's been awhile since I have. I did notice on my subtank mini spaced coils do give bigger clouds and flavor.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Mac - Sorry you've been dealin' with so much BS. Sendin' good vibes your way!
Regarding your wife's car; what type of inspection takes 2 days?

As long as there isn't anything wrong with the car the actual inspection is quick. If something is found then it has to get fixed. The Japanese inspections are pretty intense. What takes most of the time is the paperwork - it's not all done at the same place. That part takes the better part of a whole - if all the parts go quick. Usually it takes more.
Managed to get over to the garage with it late yesterday but they're full up right now so he said to take it back there next week. It's going to expire on the 30th and he should have it done before then but as long as it's in and started all is good.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
WOW - The Inspection process is mighty different, compared to here . . . Out of the 3 major states I lived in and had a vehicle . . . New Jersey - Inspections every year or 5 yrs for older cars, Long Lines, but usually just a drive through at State facilities (can have done privately too) pass/fail and if failed get fixed bring back asap . . . Pennsylvania - Inspections are at Private Garages they inspect car/the emission test for different fees - plus have to pay for stickers; If the car fails, well either fix it while you are there or have to come back and have to go through the whole process again . . . Florida - No Inspections, left to driver to make sure car is running optimally, however Police can pull Ya' over at any time and issue tickets if anything found wrong . . . So don't know which is worse Inspection or no Inspections . . . ;)

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yep, inspections here are intense. Where I've been in the States there was either nothing or it was basically a safety check. Here they look at everything. Plus they don't care much for modifications - if you've made changes it usually needs to get back close to stock for inspection - every 2 years.

Time for me to unplug.

nite all

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
That sucks, Mac.

Yep it did/does.

Got up at the regular workday time - wind was blowing a bit - checked status - bases still open - kept checking while getting ready and right before leaving - still open. Got in car and headed down the road listening to the base radio station - 5 minutes later they announced the change in status. Turned around and came home.
At least the bases should stay closed all day so I won't have to go in at all. Looks like tomorrow will be a regular day.

Reactions: Uncle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread