[CLOSED] GLASSMANOAK’s THE VAPE TREE - Discounts, Promotions, Updates, and Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
OP from contest thread:
9/20 #2
2_tOETKad73Bb68DENnxLlANPNW7Tdm9VqGjQrXQZCZbCKD3ITA-WhhhNz1XJA5aVpRpu0Xa3p7g8lE_9ptB9ALVDOaQy88oDTkD5kH-fNthT0XgRPdCJB5zHRO4KuleMBL7C_Fk1i9M9AkUUFOKkRUyr29Qih352H5QixMqPIiAUIfFK_yS4hzZFLngF-qvmNvQpjF-FPQlfyBj7Egm08oyRw8iGxCF-GNdWsQ7js8iwILjwT1g83z6Lb4UK89kUC1S42YSavNisdE3gEai3GALTuEyG7e7yXSMTm0Na9E35bM_rxdqsOy2zod_kEwS0f9bmEqjvSKNq4-b99GgtR1PYWmVpEhkkFlbYzcfkIXgfFCnSAXkbkSTOlvRGQcPvM1vbqnTwDCFgVi2n9NvQ8YO5ZgU0zUJzwii1EWcY_TLHNrNY15Y9z93Ihuh87oaYPxB8gAQwn1GXAZSGR55eOMN__pP7zs7tqbP3u8hO4FVS9xIh9uEYZ9ZeXb_8EwERjxj7PwX019it8VyntXYM5tNfiCgFYA0Oi8jOWM_iWk=w455-h708-no

This is the new toy.....................it arrived yesterday afternoon..........
Both look so cool and great together! What tank is that?

Reactions: liblue1

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OP from contest thread:
Both look so cool and great together! What tank is that?
RR it's a Phazer...........it came with it...........along with a 5 pack of coils.........it's good...but it spits lots of juice...I can''t seem to get it right..I tried lowering the watts & raising the temp and vice versa, it still is a little too hot for me, I even had to open the air holes more as it was making me cough .......I think I prefer the GS tank that came with the eLeaf......it's smoother.....

Reactions: rangerrobin

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Your right jpf...the joules setting is like the watts setting in a way...the only thing that affects though is the ramp up time for the coil to reach it's temperature...On one with joules I usually set it at 50 joules and my temp is usually around 450, but varies depending on my juice. On one like the iStick TC, it only has watts for its ramp up value, but you can't set it. It's set at 40W by the mod and can't be changed.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
RR it's a Phazer...........it came with it...........along with a 5 pack of coils.........it's good...but it spits lots of juice...I can''t seem to get it right..I tried lowering the watts & raising the temp and vice versa, it still is a little too hot for me, I even had to open the air holes more as it was making me cough .......I think I prefer the GS tank that came with the eLeaf......it's smoother.....

I've got the Phazer (part of a prize package from the same place). Are your coils for TC - I don't think mine are as the device isn't.
The tank is doing alright but I like the kanger subtanks better.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got the Phazer (part of a prize package from the same place). Are your coils for TC - I don't think mine are as the device isn't.
The tank is doing alright but I like the kanger subtanks better.
I got the 5 pack with the prize pack...
They are there in the photo....they are marked .2 oHM's and NI 30-70 Watts.......I am going to try to adjust the airflow on the coil itself....then change out the coil if that doesn't work.......
I was really wanting to use it because I have the extra coils....if it doesn't work out then I will use the GS or try the Atlantis 2.........

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Your right jpf...the joules setting is like the watts setting in a way...the only thing that affects though is the ramp up time for the coil to reach it's temperature...On one with joules I usually set it at 50 joules and my temp is usually around 450, but varies depending on my juice. On one like the iStick TC, it only has watts for its ramp up value, but you can't set it. It's set at 40W by the mod and can't be changed.
Since I had the istick first I noticed that you can't change the watts in TC mode........that's what was scaring me...the numbers would ramp up then the Temperature control would appear on the screen.....I wasn't sure if it was supposed to do that...but now I know it is.....
I can change the reliant to what ever watts I want and then adjust the temp....so that is what I was trying,...I wanted to see what would make a better heat....without spitting....

Reactions: angelphyre

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
I got the 5 pack with the prize pack...
They are there in the photo....they are marked .2 oHM's and NI 30-70 Watts.......I am going to try to adjust the airflow on the coil itself....then change out the coil if that doesn't work.......
I was really wanting to use it because I have the extra coils....if it doesn't work out then I will use the GS or try the Atlantis 2.........

What temp settings have you tried?

The adjustable juice flow on the coil is a neat concept but they're a pain to adjust - mine are real tight.

Reactions: liblue1

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
The adjustable juice flow on the coil is a neat concept but they're a pain to adjust - mine are real tight.
My new tank has adjustable juice flow. I don't understand why one would want to control the juice flow. I tried it just for the heck of it, but wasn't impressed.

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started out with the lowest and all the way through(even the C)....I did the same with the Watts...started low and went through the cycle of temps....changed it up 5 watts and cycled through temps again...when I emptied it and twisted the coil on the base (both ways)it seems to have stopped....so I think I got it....I also drained the battery doing this and it was interesting that it automatically lowered the watts when the battery was almost drained....

RR...I almost always used my holes closed with my puck mod (Aertoank)....but I found I was coughing when I tried that with the Phazer....so I opened them to full and since I am getting more air I am not coughing anymore....that's why the air holes....

Reactions: Uncle

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I'm very disappointed with the Cyclone I was so anxiously awaiting. :cry: I LOVE the Herakles and like the Hydra. I mistakenly assumed this too would be awesome and pre-ordered it new. That'll teach me. :facepalm: Now, I can't wait to off load it! I'm back to swapping and buying used.

I'm especially glad I have a new-to-me Kayfun Lite and Kennedy arriving this week! :D

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thanks Mac. I haven't been that bummed by a vape product in the whole 1.5 years of vaping. :ohmy:

First world problems...

Kind of know the feeling. Got a couple RDAs that I thought would be good. They work but just not that great and one is a poor design - tore an o-ring the first day I had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread