[CLOSED] GLASSMANOAK’s THE VAPE TREE - Discounts, Promotions, Updates, and Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Been here when winds have hit over 150. For one of those was in a house where we were able to watch everybody's stuff blowing down the road - then the eye passed over and the wind came the other way - got to see some of the same things heading back.
Have had to run out into the winds to snatch up things that got loose and didn't want them blowing into my stuff causing damage - can work with the wind an sense the gusts coming - but getting hit with big rain drops at that speed stings.

Phoons are part of life here - usually deal with a few every year unlike folks in the State that only do it once every few years and in between they forget what it's like.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Phoons are part of life here - usually deal with a few every year unlike folks in the State that only do it once every few years and in between they forget what it's like.

Oh - Some of "Us" don't forget nothin' . . . Involved directly with at least 8 Hurricanes and the last one was last year when I was up North in NYC and "Sandy" Hit . . . :-x

Let's just say - NOT NICE ! ! !

Anyway - I know "You" will take care, just make sure "You" & Family STAY SAFE . . . :)

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
I guess 8 storms is more than most folks experience in a lifetime - you trying to be one of them storm chasers?:)
8 storms here can be done in 2 or 3 years sometimes.

We'll stay safe - I promise.
My biggest concern is that others in the area won't make the proper preparations and their junk will be flying into my stuff.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
jpf - good to hear the fam is ok without any big damage.

Storm here moved a bit away and weakened. Got up this morning and waited (along with checking different forecasts) a bit to see if they would close the bases. Got a call saying it would be a normal day. Went in (was a bit behind normal time) then they updated the condition and closed the base 15 min after I got there.
Back home now and will probably have to go back in a few hours - silly games.
Supervisor was the one that called me 30 min before I'm normally at work. Then he showed up there way earlier than he usually does and was upset cause I wasn't in at me regular time - figure he went in like that just so he could play more silly games - getting tired of his crap as he don't have a clue of what I do. Let him try to push this and a few things on him will come out as well.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Sorry Mac, all that back and forth was ridiculous!

One of the major problems with the gubernant and military is that so many of the people in charge are so worried about their careers that they won't step up and make a decision unless they get the ok from higher up or know they can blame others if it don't work. There's also a bunch that are afraid to question the higher ups.
Didn't use to be that way on the military side - people made the decision - did it - then told the bosses. Usually works better that way as the higher ups want to play the political game and that always messes things up.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I wish I knew the secret to why one blister pack coil will last, what seems like an eternity, while another full pack could all be bad! o_O
The way I look at it, is that it doesn't really matter: after one use, I'll be rebuilding it anyway.... :D

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I wish I knew the secret to why one blister pack coil will last, what seems like an eternity, while another full pack could all be bad! o_O
Have you watched pbusardo's China trip series yet? Once you see the machine they use to wrap coils, you'll understand... and start wrapping your own...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread