[CLOSED] GLASSMANOAK’s THE VAPE TREE - Discounts, Promotions, Updates, and Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Very cute, Uncle! It's not that kind of weekend. Well, it's not supposed to be. ;)

whatever-hand-smiley-emoticon.gif
"We'll" See Youngin' . . . . .
smiley-says-talk-to-the-hand-emoticon.gif

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Advice needed: I'm currently using IPV2s and a CANA and love them, but would like to be able to vape all day and night without needing to charge. I have yet to go above 30 watts. Is getting a dual battery mod or better single battery device or better batteries the answer? Are there even such things?

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Advice needed: I'm currently using IPV2s and a CANA and love them, but would like to be able to vape all day and night without needing to charge. Is getting a dual battery mod or better single battery device or better batteries the answer? Are there even such things?
Batteries in parallel will provide you with twice the operating mAh at the same voltage. Batteries in series will offer the same mAh at twice the voltage. So, yes, if configured properly, a parallel box mod will offer longer life than a single battery mod.

However, once you start in with a paired battery setup, those two batteries need to be purchased at the same time, charged at the same time, discharged at the same time. It's best to label them... AND the charger in your device, if you charge in your device, should offer balanced charging (only really important in series devices, but why not ask for it all).

My advice? Get a single battery unit, and carry a couple spares in a case. I hate the thought of needing 4 batteries to keep a device alive around the clock...

OR, get a large capacity LiPo unit like the 4400 mAh iStick 50 or the 5000 mAh eVic VT. Sure, after the 500th charge the battery will have reduced capacity just like the LiPo in a cell phone. However, after 500 charges (a year and a half IF you charge nightly - longer if the mod lasts more than 24 hours per charge), what are the chances that you won't have purchased a different mod?

I have an iStick 50 and I've been vaping on it off and on for 2 days - I alternate with either one of my mechs or one of my smaller mods - and the battery is at about 60%. even my wee lil' iStick 20 lasts 24 hours tootling on a 1.2 ohm coil in an RTA. My DNA 40 only lasts 12 hours of pretty heavy vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread