Glassmanoak’s "THEVAPE TREE" Home Thread for Chit Chat, Helpful Information, and Promotions/Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I was hanging around earlier waiting for "stuff" to get done for breakfast. I was surrounded by Dings, Beeps and Buzzes! Simultaneously!! It made me wonder about the Origin(s) of such sounds.

I can understand the DING! (Sorry, DING, NOT a play on your name!)a small bell as part of a physical timer with a small hammer necessarily emits a high pitched ringing tone. Easy to identify.. informing us that it's time to deal with the Toast and the Toaster. Beeps are tougher!

As part of an electronic timer, the beep can have infinite variation... it doesn't! The "beep.. beep.. beep" are ALL of the same frequency, tone and pitch, it seems, making it hard to know if the Oven is telling you that it has reached the desired temperature, or if the Oven, having been on the specified length of time is DONE with its job! It is a conspiracy of monumental proportion that forces manufacturers to maintain that line of obedience to the Beeper Guidelines...which are NEVER codified but are nonetheless understood and adhered to religiously!

That Oven Beep sounds identical to the Mr. Coffee Machine informing you that its job is done. They are all SO similar to all the various telephone beeps and dings and trills that it is maddening!

I imagine a factory worker deciding on the sound Texture of each of these auditory notification devices. Was he an anonymous worker bee.. doing his job and then moving Anonymously along, or was he a Scientist.. carefully selecting each tone and warble for maximum effect? I suppose we will never know unless we see some article on Bloggers Heaven giving all the details of the life of the Billionaire who designed and cultivated the ubiquitous ding, beep, twitter and cacophonous warble and lived happily ever ever.

Such are the occasional thoughts awaiting Breakfast! What a warped mind!!

Last edited:

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Ok I got photobucket on phone. Uploaded a couple pics. Getting the link is a pita.
http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a447/me2or3/E26A80CE-3028-46A9-B2C8-A04E8E744FAD_zpstjvjeq8x.jpg
But here is that build...
That was fast! It's still pretty blurry, I'd send you my old camera if it wasn't broken. As to the coil (which I can't see)if it glows from the middle first then out to the ends, it's good. A little longer wick might not hurt, as long as some of it is flat on the deck to pull up juice it should be enough.

For Photobucket, you want the "Direct" link to post on ECF and most places. On ECF, "Insert Image", from URL, paste the link, and un-check "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". OR, just post
B]

E26A80CE-3028-46A9-B2C8-A04E8E744FAD_zpstjvjeq8x.jpg

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia
Thanks Schnarph. I do own a good 35mm camera and a digital camera. I use the phone cause it's always in my hand :)
I'll do another coil later and take a pic without the cotton or silica.
So far they have all worked and tested ok. I wrap the 32 gauge around the screwdriver for the posts 5-7 times. Test with DHs multimeter.
I have a couple of rda's coming in a friends order that may be here next week. Should have been here today :(
I don't know what kind...

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Chances are your coil is fine. It may take a few more before you're totally comfortable with it. I always check my coils for resistance before firing them up, but after so many they always work the first time. You can do it!

Unregulated mechanical mods with no safety fuse should be used with great caution, but rebuildables don't have to be scary. With just a little money, one can get their feet wet by using pre-wrapped coils. Once you try it, it's hard to go back to the somewhat expensive cartomizers and factory made replacement heads for clearomizers. With the e-liquids I've been vaping, I'd probably go through a carto every 2 days. I usually get a few re-wicks out of one microcoil, and cotton balls are super cheap. That said, making your coils isn't for everybody, and there's no shame in sticking with what works. :2c:

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
Good luck with that Glassmanoak. The vape store in the mall wanted to sell some of my juice but didn't want to pay me a price that would make it worth it for me. I told him I'd make the juice if he supplied the bottles for the price he offered, nope never happened.
One of his employees opened a shop in Canton and called me about making some for his place but it was at a time when Wifey wasn't doing very well and I couldn't do it, then I lost his number so that didn't work out either.

Last edited:

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
I was hanging around earlier waiting for "stuff" to get done for breakfast. I was surrounded by Dings, Beeps and Buzzes! Simultaneously!! It made me wonder about the Origin(s) of such sounds.

I can understand the DING! (Sorry, DING, NOT a play on your name!)a small bell as part of a physical timer with a small hammer necessarily emits a high pitched ringing tone. Easy to identify.. informing us that it's time to deal with the Toast and the Toaster. Beeps are tougher!

As part of an electronic timer, the beep can have infinite variation... it doesn't! The "beep.. beep.. beep" are ALL of the same frequency, tone and pitch, it seems, making it hard to know if the Oven is telling you that it has reached the desired temperature, or if the Oven, having been on the specified length of time is DONE with its job! It is a conspiracy of monumental proportion that forces manufacturers to maintain that line of obedience to the Beeper Guidelines...which are NEVER codified but are nonetheless understood and adhered to religiously!

That Oven Beep sounds identical to the Mr. Coffee Machine informing you that its job is done. They are all SO similar to all the various telephone beeps and dings and trills that it is maddening!

I imagine a factory worker deciding on the sound Texture of each of these auditory notification devices. Was he an anonymous worker bee.. doing his job and then moving Anonymously along, or was he a Scientist.. carefully selecting each tone and warble for maximum effect? I suppose we will never know unless we see some article on Bloggers Heaven giving all the details of the life of the Billionaire who designed and cultivated the ubiquitous ding, beep, twitter and cacophonous warble and lived happily ever ever.

Such are the occasional thoughts awaiting Breakfast! What a warped mind!!

onomanopeoia............but that just takes all the variables out of it,like you had.But if there weren't things to ponder upon,we would never have known deep thought and pontification with the sounds of distant,or in some cases,inside the mind buzzes, beeps and Dings.That's deep man.........

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
Morning Tree Friends. I hope everyone has a good Monday. I haz VAPE MAIL coming today :) My RM2 for my RSM lol. I think it's time to toss my VTR up on the classies. It's a great mod, but a little heavy for me since using this wood RSM.

If any of you have been looking for one give me a shout. I will wait till later to put it up there. It's the silver one and I have a Kanger protank 2 ( light purple glass ) I will include with it as I gave my daughter the iclear. It does have a pretty purple butterfly j-wrap on it but I can take that off of course. I will pm pic's if anyone is interested.

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
im a little late to the new shindig, call it fashionable.

was worth the chuckle of reading GMO break down his kitchen beeps & dings.

had me a decent weekend. the game was pitiful.

methinks Peyton ate too much papa johns.

my show was a mild success. it went smoothly and was much fun, a great 1st collaboration between me (Tru-Vibe) and "Elektra Tek" (OM~)
Our numbers were not as great as expected, but we broke even, and not losing monies means i'll do it again :)
My Pops even came out for a little bit when we opened. He NEVER comes to my events, has always disproved. He was impressed, i hope he makes it to another one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread