Glassmanoak’s "THEVAPE TREE" Home Thread for Chit Chat, Helpful Information, and Promotions/Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
I just buy a disposable card...my bank does not do the additional throwaway card numbers. Need a new bank...

Do you find that most online vendors accept the disposables? Occasionally, I have problems because my credit cards, for obvious reasons, are from Puerto Rican banks. Most vendors have no problem doing business with someone in Puerto Rico, but once in a while (fortunately, it's not very often) the payment processing services that a vendor uses won't accept cards from Puerto Rico because they consider it international (Puerto Rico is NOT international, it's part of the U.S.). This can get very frustrating, and I've wondered if getting a disposable card might solve the problem.

Sorry, long explanation for a simple question. . .

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I have not been on much due to the fact my husband is dealing with kidney stones. Apparently one is about the size of a micro sd card and it is lodged somewhere. ( 8x5 mm) I think is what the doc said. So in the morning they are going to try blasting it into smaller pieces. Then he has another one still in the kidney that is a little bit smaller. He is in so much pain right now. I feel so bad for him. The last time they blasted stones they went back up and caused him even more pain and they put ( I think they call it a stint ) in for 10 days and THAT was miserable for him. I hope that does not happen this time. Anyway, if I am not around much or at all for a few days that is why.

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
I have not been on much due to the fact my husband is dealing with kidney stones. Apparently one is about the size of a micro sd card and it is lodged somewhere. ( 8x5 mm) I think is what the doc said. So in the morning they are going to try blasting it into smaller pieces. Then he has another one still in the kidney that is a little bit smaller. He is in so much pain right now. I feel so bad for him. The last time they blasted stones they went back up and caused him even more pain and they put ( I think they call it a stint ) in for 10 days and THAT was miserable for him. I hope that does not happen this time. Anyway, if I am not around much or at all for a few days that is why.

How awful, Deb! I've heard that there is basically nothing in the world more painful than kidney stones, and your hubby's sound worse than they usually are. (By the way, it was probably a "stent"--I had one put in one of the arteries in my heart when I had my heart attack in September.)

Positive thoughts to both of you.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Not touching the kidney stone issue, painful memories. Good luck with that, it used to kill people regularly before medicine and surgery advanced to where it is now. Terrible way to go, one reason to appreciate doctors.

Ok... so uhh.... how do I keep lip gunk from accumulating on my drip tips?

So gross. Especially after eating Cheetos!

Mmmmm!!! Processed cheese dust goodness!
EEEEEWW! :blink:

JK, it happens. I would send you my USC for free, but the shipping on it would cost close to what I paid for the POShinola. I keep 91% alcohol in a tiny juice sample bottle with my "stash" for cleaning such items, labeled very clearly. When on the go, I bring a clearo (Protank) in a small ziplock with a paper towel and a few q-tips. Having been stuck unprepared a few times taught me valuable lessons. :facepalm:

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
admittedly, i too suffer from this 1stworldproblem.
i find myself scraping driptips with my finger nail on occasion. the SS doesnt collect nearly as much as some of the hard plastic ones, or that textured plated material on cheaper metal driptips that CHIPS OFF ON YOUR LIPS!

best way to battle lipstuffs!?

but a crap-ton of drip tips, and replace every morning. or if your rich/like, replace after every meal. or if your 1%rich/like, after every POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFF

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia

-wipe Your mouth before you vape...
-Carry extra clean tips with you...
-don't eat Cheetos and vape...

Sorry I had to :)

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
tig- my Pilonidal Cyst was told to me that was about the same pain every time I had to do the packing, and the second surgery was horrid. I still remember to this day the doc explaining to my X and me how I had to ensure the packing went around my tail bone, as he tapped it with his finger. That sensation was horrid even when all loaded up on pain meds.
That one took 3 months to heal, and my back at times is worse to the point of being disabled and debilitating at times. The wife has had kidney stones and she said it was worse than birth, I tend to agree with her there.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
Yes I hear it is worse than childbirth. He is actually doing fairly well. They did put a Stent in as he has a stricture. The meds the doc gave him are keeping his pain level tolerable for now. The stent needs to stay in for 3 weeks. This is his 5th time in about 5 years. They are the calcium type. He drinks tons of water, bottled and filtered. Doc said he needs to lose weight and stop eating so much red meat. I have nagged him as much as I dare. He is a big boy and he has to make the decision himself that his health is important and he should make some lifestyle changes.

Why is it all Feds, Cops, Soldiers, etc etc think they are so dang invincible. The man still jumps at the chance to go kick doors in and screw his gun into some deserving scum bags ear. I bet he will be this way till the day he dies. Sigh.............

But he is a good guy and I am proud of what he does. Thank you again for the well wishes. Both of us appreciate them very much.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Selective hearing multi-quote:
vape Cheerios

Heh I use pipe cleaners

ensure the packing went around my tail bone

lose weight and stop eating so much red meat.
Ugh. And I just made more chili...
To be "fair", I've passed my share of stones. Blood, pain, trauma... enough said.
Sorry, I'm not trying to poke fun. Consider this a palette cleanser of sorts.
passing-kidney-stones-makes-me-feel-alive.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread