Glassmanoak's Contest #34 for WINNERS and with WINNERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
LOL. Trust me, I'm way to busy busting students as it is! But, since you brought it up. . . .when a saying has become used many times, and it's not clear where it came from, I wouldn't consider it plagiarism. For example, if I said something like "Denial is not just a river in Egypt"--obviously, I didn't come up with that, but it's part of cultural discourse. I wouldn't think of that as plagiarism.

Congrats on your win!

THANKS . . . :) AND - As for the "plagiarism" remark - IT WAS A JOKE ! ! ! SARCASM ! ! ! :facepalm:

If it wasn't for "Common Knowledge" I would know nothing . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

GEES - These Professors - So Serious . . . :blink:

2 -
I hear you I think my friends and family are getting sick of all the contests myself. It looks like I have an addiction!

Ya' THINK . . . ;)

That's why before I started entering any contest on FB, I removed all personal information I could, and set privacy levels to high, and removed any/all links to any "Family"/"Friends" - other then ECF Friends . . . EVEN Changed to "My" ECF Handle/Nickname of "Uncle" (as best I could) . . . So Now - "My" FB page is only for "ecig" and vaping Contest and everyone there knows that these vendor contest are only for promoting their business . . . SO All Good . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)

THANKS . . . :) AND - As for the "plagiarism" remark - IT WAS A JOKE ! ! ! SARCASM ! ! ! :facepalm:

If it wasn't for "Common Knowledge" I would know nothing . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

GEES - These Professors - So Serious . . . :blink:

Um, I got that. If I was taking it seriously, I wouldn't have opened with my commenting about busting students. But, at the same time, I thought it was a good chance to point out that some things just aren't plagiarism (because some people genuinely don't know).

Clearly my attempts at levity are falling flat today.

l_strider_l

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Minas Tirith, Gondor
"levity" Doc?? I didn't know you were a Magician!!!

:evil:

Magic-lev_0.jpg

Mithrandir?

Last edited:

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV

Congrats Uncle .... sounds like a nice prize and a fun one too. I don't do FB or any of those things. Don't even have a cell phone and that is not a complaint...

Well mom's taxes are done, her nasty little dog is home again, she has food and her trash taken to the curb and mail retrieved, even got their meds so all is done and now I can start thinking about all the stuff I need to take on tomorrow's trip to NC for the weekend. My battery croaked while I was in town so must make sure I have plenty to keep charged on the trip. Not used to travelling and vaping like I was with smoking and that is what I need to figure out.

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
2 -
I hear you I think my friends and family are getting sick of all the contests myself. It looks like I have an addiction!
Thats why i only post the FB contests in FB contest groups. very rarely on my wall, and i only tag ecf-ers. seems like a few ppl have vape-ojnly fb pages.
but with the amount of pages and groups i am responsible for, if i were to start another page it would never get used.
i find FB to really suck, especially for the last year or two.
primarily, i use it for event promotions. now, in order to post to my target audience i have to pay for my page to noticed on peoples feeds. it is so dumb...

Every day is Saturday...for me anyway...............

then, when is tuesday!?

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's never Tuesday....and that makes it very good because I hate Monday's most of all......Since I don't have to go out to work....and I can come & go when I please....why not never have a Monday...and if it seems like every day is Saturday then why not relax & enjoy it....

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)

I hope in class today you welcome a large group discussion about Ken Ham.
or Paul Reubens.

Well, Paul Reubens is actually a real possibility. Part of my dissertation was about Pee-wee Herman, and I published an article on him, too! But, today, the discussion is more likely to center around Brandon Teena, Sigourney Weaver, and kd lang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread