ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany

Botomline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
NOVA
I note their memo mentioned the efficacy of their products. Last I heard it was around 5%. That's practically a rounding error. And as I recall the FDA usually requires a higher rate to offset adverse side effects before they pronounce ok. But I haven't read up on it in ages so I could be off. Feel free to point out if I got my numbers wrong.

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
Like I've said before: Genocidal levels of corruption.

Oh, and I've read research that asserts that cold-turkey is a more effective quit technique than medicinal NRT in the long term. Here in the UK, if you stay on NRT for six weeks the NHS clock that up as a successful attempt and use those numbers to prove that NRT from BP works.

Last edited:

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Glaxo have just done a total recall here in France of all their "Niquitin" (NRT) products,now I wonder what that's all about.:facepalm:
maybe they are worried someone will analyse these,not to mention being sold in boxes containing 450mg nicotine,whilst demonising our paltry 20mg max in e liquid.,perhaps they are going to put their own house in order:evil:

Google Translate

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Glaxo have just done a total recall here in France of all their "Niquitin" (NRT) products,now I wonder what that's all about.:facepalm:
maybe they are worried someone will analyse these,not to mention being sold in boxes containing 450mg nicotine,whilst demonising our paltry 20mg max in e liquid.,perhaps they are going to put their own house in order:evil:

Google Translate

that sure is interesting.

Oh, you mean people can buy 450 mg Nicotine in a package of so-called "Nicotine Replacement Therapy"? - Which, by the way, replaces nicotine with - you guessed it - nicotine. Duh. -
While they can only buy (according to the proposed EU regulation) 200 mg nicotine in one bottle of nic liquid - with the reason given that nicotine is allegedly oh-so-poisonous?

Yeah, according to the EU, nicotine is horribly dangerous and poisonous when contained in e-liquid.
The exactly same substance is not at all "horribly dangerous and poisonous" when contained in stuff pushed by Big Pharma.

hm....

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Yep you got it.How dumb do they think we are :D

I posted a while back about this , not specifically the Niquitin, but the same thing.(dont know how to link back sorry)

"So can someone explain why this product isn't being "demonised"
that's 420mg of nicotine right there, but I have never heard anyone mention the dangers of these around 'the chillren'
There is more likelyhood of them getting into these,as they're not even in child proof containers."

I really hate double standards :evil:

Nicorette Inhaler 10mg
Product Name
Nicorette Inhaler 10mg 42 Cartridges/Pack
Active Ingredient
Nicotine
Manufacturer
Proctor & Gamble Pharmaceuticals

I suspect they are maybe going to review this sometime soon :D
One law for them and.............................?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread