Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
OK I have a GLV 3 mini. It came setup for bottom feeding with the tube attached. It was kinked. It almost seemed as if the tube was too long. Since I don't think I will use the top feed, I cut another link of tubing the same size. It kinked too. So I cut one a bit shorter, however it is too short for me to connect it, the tubing is long enough, just not long enough to work with. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

It appears I'm running into the same type problem. Doesn't seem to make any difference the length of the tube, it's kinking where you can't get any juice to the atty. What I'm doing for right now is using a little 3ml bottle and just enough tubing to work with but not quite enough to kink up. I'm wondering if the bottom portion can be reamed out a bit more to allow more room for the tubing.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Wish I could help but I have a 5v GLV-3 and haven't had any problems with kinked tubing. I know jbannr cut her tubing but if it's long enough to coil it, msybe that's the trick?

Hopefully someone with a GLV-3 Mini that's not having this problem can chime in with some suggestions or pics.

War Mouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2010
Bay City MI
Thanks btngchck, but losing this thread wont hurt my feelings. I got to say my 3 cents worth. If this turns into a "Mines doing this...." thread I will certainly try to help. I'm one of those guys that buys something, strips it down, and asks "What's the worst that could happen"? I don't want to be in the field and have my vaping device suffer a minor fail that causes to be without until I can get somewhere to fix it. I'm currently looking at installing the orange ball on the feed needle to prevent the needle from getting bent just enough to dead short and blow my atty's. Also playing with designs for alternate hose configuration so I can store more inside in plastic to keep it water proof using the smaller 3 mil bottle with an interior mounted "button" so my big dumb fingers can one hand it.

intuition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Germany
I solved my kink-tube-problem by building a tube-circle in the bottom-pipe and tweaking tubing to additional curves when pushing down the bottle or the needle. Although hard to get a good picture of this - here is my blurry try:
intuition-albums-vapeintuition-picture49857-mini3-tubing.jpg

hope this helps and you get an idea of what I tried to describe....

intuition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Germany
Looks very effective & I hope it helps others with their kink issues.

I'm guessing you just twisted & rolled the tubing before connecting one end, am I guesing right? Did you have to use hemostats/forceps/tweezers?
Exactly - It was kind of tricky or fiddly because I used a Paper-Clip. Would be much easier with a hemostat. It is a try and adjust until the tube find it's form....

And thanks for the compliment Scott :blush:

War Mouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2010
Bay City MI
For those interested, I am going to the MO vapers club meeting tonight to show off the GLV-3 5v. I'll be posting first impressions and some "mini reviews". This is just to add to the ever growing list of awesome things said about the GLV-3. (Gonna' have to make sure to clean up my "Darth Vapor" before I head out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread