Glycerin V No Glycerin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Hello, all. I put together this quick video showing a heads up comparison of e-smoking using the same type of liquid in 2 identical e-cigs...One cartridge was straight liquid, one was cut 50/50 with glycerin.

Hope this helps put things in perspective.

YouTube - Straight E-liquid VS E-liquid cut with glycerin

Happy vaping!

Sparky

Jan 20, 2009
Gilbert AZ
Good review Rob...
I use VG to cut my juice as well. I bought VG at my local Sprouts and it does list it as a sweetener and even gives all the dietary info on it. This makes me feel a little better using it over the Walmart stuff I bought that just said USP.

I also noticed that because it's a sweetener and I used it to cut, the flavor of my smoke juice was dulled down a bit...not too bad.

The cool thing about VG is that it does give you much thicker vapor than straight smoke juice.

Thanks,
-Trey :)

New Year quitter

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Good review Rob...
I use VG to cut my juice as well. I bought VG at my local Sprouts and it does list it as a sweetener and even gives all the dietary info on it. This makes me feel a little better using it over the Walmart stuff I bought that just said USP.

I also noticed that because it's a sweetener and I used it to cut, the flavor of my smoke juice was dulled down a bit...not too bad.

The cool thing about VG is that it does give you much thicker vapor than straight smoke juice.

Thanks,
More vapour perhaps, but a reduced throat hit. I couldn't care less if there was zero vapour, as long as I feel the hit.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
More vapour perhaps, but a reduced throat hit. I couldn't care less if there was zero vapour, as long as I feel the hit.

I'm almost the opposite. I want some throat hit but the vapor is the thing for me. Seeing it makes me feel like I'm smoking and that helps kill the cigarette cravings.

To each their own ;)

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Good review Rob...

Thanks,

I talked to the Sprouts on 57th and Bell and they claimed they'd never heard of glycerin.

I'm going to beat some ....

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Hey Rob, thanks a TON for the very informative review and vid!! I have seriously got to try this out!
Robert

No worries...glad I can help.

As I said in another thread, we're all early adopters. The least we can do is to help the other early adopters adopt the technology with as little pain as possible.

I'll be making more videos as things present themselves (I have a couple in tips and tricks, too).

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Rob, if you have some juice that is too strong from a nicotine stand point, if you cut it, will that reduce the nic level/hit?

Absolutely.

If you want to vape 18mg with a 50/50 mix, buy 36 and split it in to 2 bottles cut with glycerin.

It's a standard chemical dilution so it will lower the concentrations of everything by half.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Absolutely.

If you want to vape 18mg with a 50/50 mix, buy 36 and split it in to 2 bottles cut with glycerin.

It's a standard chemical dilution so it will lower the concentrations of everything by half.

Some people get 36mg flavor and 0mg of the same flavor....mixing the two 50/50 would cut it to 18mg nic but should (I've never tried it myself) maintain the flavor. It's probably more expensive to do this but if you are looking to keep the flavor, it might be worth it to you (generic you).

Lu

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
hi guys

where is the best internet place to buy glycerine?

no idea...I haven't searched for it since I can get it at the corner store.

google it and see what you come up with, then post it in this thread.

Some people get 36mg flavor and 0mg of the same flavor....mixing the two 50/50 would cut it to 18mg nic but should (I've never tried it myself) maintain the flavor. It's probably more expensive to do this but if you are looking to keep the flavor, it might be worth it to you (generic you).

Lu

I would think that it would maintain the flavor in that scenario but they're talking about cutting 50/50 with glycerine which, since it doesn't have the same flavor, would dilute.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I would think that it would maintain the flavor in that scenario but they're talking about cutting 50/50 with glycerine which, since it doesn't have the same flavor, would dilute.

Right. And that was just an option if they did not want to dilute the original flavor along the way.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread