Glycerine and nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Interesting article : NicoBloc - a new way to start quitting smoking - a knol by Ciaran J. Newman#

Seems that glycerine has an affinity for nicotine and readily absorbs it (hence glycerine as a useful solvent in the extraction of nicotine from tobacco). Glycerine in a cigarette filter effectively absorbs (removes) nicotine from cigarette smoke. If it is a good way to transmit nicotine via a vaporizer is i guess open to question. Certainly the glycerine transports the nicotine well, but whether it lets go of it when it reaches the lungs is the question. Maybe the debate on nicotine hit - some say yes, some say no hit - actually resolves around whether there is VG in the juice. If this is not the case, and VG can deliver the hit, all well and good, because VG seems best tolerated, its thickness producing a good viscosity after dilution with flavours etc, and its superior vapor extent.

ps : i have noticed recently that i get more vapour after a mix has been in the vaporizer for a few hours. This is nothing about time to wick, and i guess is due to some part of the juice having evaporated (alcohol from the flavoring being the likely candidate, or perhaps water). Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread