• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GNS Vapor Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Jakes reply below is very flattering. I'm sure he's buttering me up(there...placed it on the tee for you knuckles....swing away) for something.
But....I've haven't bought a vendor juice in a year and a half.....but if I were to buy one.....and I'm itching to....prime 15 from Halo. In fact the best tobaccos I ever had we're Halo.
Having said that, a lot of tobacco vapers don't care for Halo.
Ok....short list for tobaccos that OL HAWK likes....:

Halo
Want2vape
Backwoods brew.....with a big caveat
Mom and pops vapor shop
Vapor station

And believe it or not....some of my faves are dekangs....yep....dekang.
Dekang ry4...dk tab and desert ship are awesome....in my opinion.

Ooohhhhh.......I love me some buttered up Hawk!!

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I have a huge order coming from wizard labs that should be here by Friday. I got a couple tobacco flavors to play around with. I really would like to make my own juice from now on. Hawk, do you add any other flavors to the tobaccos that you mix?

My down and dirty tobaccos are pg, vg, nic, base favor(selected tobacco), acetylene pyrazine( although trimethyl pyrazine is on my radar), vape wizard, tobacco absolute and apple cider vinegar. I'm missing 1......I'll post it when I think of it.

Jake and Pitt have tried them and I can tell they are not to their liking.....but I'm digging them and that's the whole point of DIY.
DIY is the way to go. If you jump in I'll gladly give you my limited knowledge. Pitt and Jake DIY also and I'm sure they will help as well.
It's really very easy with unlimited possibilities.

What tobaccos did you get from wizard? You have nic,pg,vg???

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I forgot which ones off hand. I know one is 555 but the others slip my mind. I also ordered 500ml of 36mg nic with vg as the carrier and 500ml each of vg and pg. what is pyrazine and vape wizard?

Additives. Pyrazine imparts a bread type nuance to your juice. Vape wizard .....???...I think unharshes the harsh....lol.
There is a ton of other additives, most of which I've yet to try.....yet. Mts, a bevy of tobacco molecules and such. You could basically pick one tobacco and spend the rest of your life with that 1 flavor and all the additives to play with.

What mg do you normally vape at? And I'm assume you prefer vg heavy juices?

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
My down and dirty tobaccos are pg, vg, nic, base favor(selected tobacco), acetylene pyrazine( although trimethyl pyrazine is on my radar), vape wizard, tobacco absolute and apple cider vinegar. I'm missing 1......I'll post it when I think of it.

Jake and Pitt have tried them and I can tell they are not to their liking.....but I'm digging them and that's the whole point of DIY.
DIY is the way to go. If you jump in I'll gladly give you my limited knowledge. Pitt and Jake DIY also and I'm sure they will help as well.
It's really very easy with unlimited possibilities.

What tobaccos did you get from wizard? You have nic,pg,vg???

Your juices are good, I'm just not much of a tobacco guy...some shishas are pretty good....speaking of nic, I think I'm gonna buy another liter of 100mg nic.....always good to have plenty!

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
I was smoking about 2 packs a day on the boat. They are cheap up there and there isn't really you really do with without a smoke hanging out your mouth. When at home I smoked around a pack a day. I started out vaping 24mg, went down to 12mg and went back up to 18mg with the juice from GNC. 24mg was too harsh of a throat hit and 12 was not near enough. The reason I got vg based nic was the guy that I will be making liquid with goes pg crazy to the point there is little vapor. Will probably start out with a 50/50 ratio.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I was smoking about 2 packs a day on the boat. They are cheap up there and there isn't really you really do with without a smoke hanging out your mouth. When at home I smoked around a pack a day. I started out vaping 24mg, went down to 12mg and went back up to 18mg with the juice from GNC. 24mg was too harsh of a throat hit and 12 was not near enough. The reason I got vg based nic was the guy that I will be making liquid with goes pg crazy to the point there is little vapor. Will probably start out with a 50/50 ratio.

Ah...I see. Me, well, I'm a nic, pg throat hit, heat loving junkie.
50/50 is a good starting point.
Magic mask is the other component I couldn't think of yesterday and also forgot the em or sweetener.

Jake mentioned shisha...he and Pitt like it....way to sweet for me. I just can't do sweet vapes. I like dry and harsh.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
I like a good throat hit as long as it isn't dry and harsh or I wind up coughing up a storm. I ordered some sweetner, koolade, and something else that is suppose to smooth out a liquid. I have read in the DIY forums about vinegar and and lemon juice use in liquids to smooth them out. I haven't done a lot of reading on the whole mixing thing as I probably should have so I have to spend some quality time in there before I go about mixing.

What I am after is something that is a ADV that will keep me totally off analogs. I still smoke analogs, just not nearly the amount I did before. I just haven't found a liquid yet that has put me over the hump. I am tired of spending money on a bunch of juices and not getting what I am looking for so I thought maybe it is time to try making some of my own.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Learning curve for sure but also a lot of fun. I was lucky enough that from start I was happy enough with my own stuff that I didn't have to chase pro juice. Think you will enjoy it. 1 thing about tobaccos.....they need a good month to mature. I do and have vaped them the next day after mixing but i really try to mix about 6 weeks ahead.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Have you ever used an ultrasonic jewelery cleaner to steep your juice? From what I have read, it only take a couple hours.

No I haven't. Have my own goofy ritual...lol...but it works.
firmly believe that there's no substitute for time. But mine all get the ritualistic hot water bath and dryer ride before hiding in the basement for a month or so.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
What do you use as for as a PV and tank, dripper, clearo, etc? I have a Cisco HH 357, some clearos that came with a kit, a vivi clone that came with a kit, a couple Protanks, a Zatty Pro and an Igo L. I keep finding myself going back to my Igo L, either using it on my Provari or Smoketech tele. Gives me a hotter vape with much more flavor then anything else. I just got the Zatty Pro and I am still learning the whole building a coil for it. I broke the ceramic wick that came installed in it so I was forced into building my own. Spent today rebuilding a coil for the Igo L. Popped it last night at work when my fire button fell apart on the Smoketech and the device continued to fire until I could get the battery out. By that time it was too late. I would like to put lock tight on screws and nut on the firing button but then I could not get it apart to clean it. Beginning to become a hassle when it decides it wants to come apart!

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
What do you use as for as a PV and tank, dripper, clearo, etc? I have a Cisco HH 357, some clearos that came with a kit, a vivi clone that came with a kit, a couple Protanks, a Zatty Pro and an Igo L. I keep finding myself going back to my Igo L, either using it on my Provari or Smoketech tele. Gives me a hotter vape with much more flavor then anything else. I just got the Zatty Pro and I am still learning the whole building a coil for it. I broke the ceramic wick that came installed in it so I was forced into building my own. Spent today rebuilding a coil for the Igo L. Popped it last night at work when my fire button fell apart on the Smoketech and the device continued to fire until I could get the battery out. By that time it was too late. I would like to put lock tight on screws and nut on the firing button but then I could not get it apart to clean it. Beginning to become a hassle when it decides it wants to come apart!

I have a mech(the natural) a couple of Bullets and a Provari....among various Roughstacks and egos that haven't been touched forever.
I also am loving the Igo-l...have two, aga, some did clone and a couple of Phoenix....cartos...homemade tanks....who knows what else I have laying around. Have a couple cartos that I've been using for over 2 years( not the very same carto....same brand:laugh:) and continue to buy them because they just give the best flavor but right now rocking the igo @ 6 volts on a 1.2 coil.....nice and hot.
Often thought about an hh357 but I can kill an atty very quick. Looked at the zatty very often but can't pull the trigger.

Dunno....don't NEED anything....but kinda feel like buying something.....
Would like a new black chrome Bullet.....and a Sabertouch...(been lusting after a Saber for over 2 years)....need to restock some flavors and add ons.....can always use nic....dunno.....kinda in a good happy place right now. Don't need it..always want it. Would like a great big bottle of Prime 15 but haven't bought a vendor juice in like 18 months and kinda hate to break the streak.

I guess I'm just pretty good right now...lol

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I know what you mean, I don't NEED anything more but yet I ordered two more Igo L's tonight and a bunch of wire, silica and mesh. Still anxiously awaiting the Igo F and my Super T ELA. I find this to be more expensive then smoking!!

Expensive for sure but fun.
I was looking at the igo-f the other day. Would like to hear more about it. There were no reviews on it yet.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha

I like his reviews. I'll have to watch all of it tonight when I'm done for the day.
Feel free to join us in the part 3 thread Gotalot. that's where we normally hang....well...until I get all settled in and comfy then Pitt starts a new thread with the sole purpose of pissing me off and making me move.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread