• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GNS Vapor Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickAppling

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Lincoln' NE
Nothing much, just resting after a couple of weeks of overtime. Also trying to get motivated to make some more DIY. Also to get around to using the flavors for something other than E-juice. And I am waiting for a new display to get here for my juice maker.

Nice. Thanks for posting that.
Sup Rick?

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Nothing much, just resting after a couple of weeks of overtime. Also trying to get motivated to make some more DIY. Also to get around to using the flavors for something other than E-juice. And I am waiting for a new display to get here for my juice maker.

OT sucks....DIY doesn't.
Using flavors for what?
Display for the juice maker?
Don't leave me hanging bro.....

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
It's good to see articles that shows vaping in a good light.
I know all to well the grind of overtime. 2 weeks ago I worked 8 12hr shifts in a row. This weekend I picked up two days of overtime and when I got off Saturday morning, I went on a 250 mile poker run then back to work with no sleep. Slept 14 hours when I got off.

Finally got a chance to make some test batches of juice. My first two attempts were horrible. I added way too much flavoring. Dumped both. Currently vaping a Black Honey Tobacco with Blueberry that I whipped up. I have another juice steeping to see how it turns out.

Got my Igo F in the mail today along with wire and some ecowool for wicking. Won't get a chance to do a build on the Igo for a couple days.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
It's good to see articles that shows vaping in a good light.
I know all to well the grind of overtime. 2 weeks ago I worked 8 12hr shifts in a row. This weekend I picked up two days of overtime and when I got off Saturday morning, I went on a 250 mile poker run then back to work with no sleep. Slept 14 hours when I got off.

Finally got a chance to make some test batches of juice. My first two attempts were horrible. I added way too much flavoring. Dumped both. Currently vaping a Black Honey Tobacco with Blueberry that I whipped up. I have another juice steeping to see how it turns out.

Got my Igo F in the mail today along with wire and some ecowool for wicking. Won't get a chance to do a build on the Igo for a couple days.

I feel your pain on the OT....I get my fill of it. During certain times of the year I'll realize I haven't had a day of for 30-45 days. The company I worked for in Georgia gave us New Year's Day off....then it was 7 days a week, 12 hours a day till mid February....unless we were falling behind....and we always did...then about mid January we would bump up to 14 and 16 hour days. Right at the end of the run we would come to work....work till you just can't anymore then crawl up on your work table or a table saw and sleep for a few...
I'm getting too old for that shiate.....

Had to dump a few....lol. It happens. Bet you still had fun. Bacco and blueberry:toast:.....but I just want a nuance of the fruit. Baccos take time to mature. I often mix 2 identical grogs cuz I know I'm going to hit one before its really ready.

Let me know what you think of the F.....I'm still eyeballing it. I'm hitting the eckowool right now. It's ok....not seeing a major diff compared to other wicking materials. Been reading a bit about plain old cotton ball cotton. That's cheap and everywhere. Folks are very happy with it....who knows.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
By the way GOTALOT....I know I said this before, but feel free to jump in the main thread. It's stupid, mind numbing and just a place to blow off steam and hang. Couple of pretty good knuckleheads and on occasion we even talk vaping.....
Same to you Rick....come on by.

If you do....again....I apologize in advance.....lol....

RickAppling

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Lincoln' NE
Food, there was thread about it a few weeks ago. It mentioned tofu chips. Also while looking into that I ran across how to do Gummi Bears.

Yes the display is for the juice maker.

OT sucks....DIY doesn't.
Using flavors for what?
Display for the juice maker?
Don't leave me hanging bro.....

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
I have been in the main thread but I don't have a lot of time to get caught up with all the posts in the day. I usually only have time to read through them sometimes at work and when I get home in the morning. Tend to try and keep the technical questions out of the main thread.

I can tell you that the igo f is small. I mean ego t small. It is going to be fun to coil and wick, that's for sure. I have seen where people have wicked it going through the holes on the deck and into the tank, which by all accounts is a pain in the ..., and by just wrapping the wick around the deck like Todd did in his review. Nobody is quite sure how it is suppose to be done. You get your usual set of instructions with it (which is none) so it is anybody's guess. I plan on giving it a run when I get home from work tomorrow morning. I will post the results and maybe a few pics as well.

I bought the eckwool just to try it out. I guess I didn't expect much but you never know until you try it. I have thought hard about using cotton as I too have read some on it.

I got some mesh in yesterday and I am going to try and roll my own coil for my Zatty Pro. The ones that I ordered from Provape are way too small in diameter and I think that is causing me to get hot spots at the slightest bump of my device. Just taste way metallic since I did the Peter K method of coiling.

My bacco has just the slightest hint of blueberry. Taste pretty good without steeping and I have pretty much killed the 5mls that I made up. I forgot to order larger size bottles so I am stuck with 3ml and a few 10ml bottles that I bought when I first tried vaping back in 2008. Going to whip up two or three 10mls before I go to work tonight and let two of them steep for a week.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Apparently the new GNS location is going to be at 56th & Holdrege. They are looking to open sometime between the 17th and the end of the month. At first at least they will only have pre-mixed juice.

Going to have to check them out next time in Lincoln. Not for juice but to see the hardware.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I ran into one of the GNS guys today at the chiropractor, I asked him about getting a EGO 510 adapter for my ProVair and he said they are selling the ProVair's there now and have different colors to choose from.

Hi mom....
Send me 2....no 3.
Might as well pick up a couple for Gotalot.....don't want him crying and moaning about it

Glad to see you here.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
{{{pssssst....Gotalot. I bet moms saving them for Pitt and Jake. She has ALWAYS liked them better}}}

Damn, I am absent for a few days and the favorites get all the goodies! Hawk, we need to look for a new Momma! Engraved and all!?!? I bet they has lipstick smudges on them too but I'm not sure if they are from Momma or Jake and Pitt.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Damn, I am absent for a few days and the favorites get all the goodies! Hawk, we need to look for a new Momma! Engraved and all!?!? I bet they has lipstick smudges on them too but I'm not sure if they are from Momma or Jake and Pitt.

Pitt and Jakester smudge each other up all the time....just the way it is.
Sup Gota???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread