• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GNS Vapor Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
Not alot but alot. Trying to get things done on my days off before another long stretch of work. Bought a couple tables to put all my crap on and I finally have a space to mix and build. That micro coil is holding strong and thanks for the tip on the cotton wick, they work awesome and cheap enough to replace every day! Haven't gotten a chance to drill out the rest of my Igo L's and have given up all hope on the F. Thing leaks like crazy out of either the 510 connection or the fill hole plus it can not be drilled out. After further investigation, the air hole is about half way up the deck so that's what is blocking the hole and drilling it out would only make matters worse. I guess I could drill another hole above it but this thing is so not worth the effort.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Not alot but alot. Trying to get things done on my days off before another long stretch of work. Bought a couple tables to put all my crap on and I finally have a space to mix and build. That micro coil is holding strong and thanks for the tip on the cotton wick, they work awesome and cheap enough to replace every day! Haven't gotten a chance to drill out the rest of my Igo L's and have given up all hope on the F. Thing leaks like crazy out of either the 510 connection or the fill hole plus it can not be drilled out. After further investigation, the air hole is about half way up the deck so that's what is blocking the hole and drilling it out would only make matters worse. I guess I could drill another hole above it but this thing is so not worth the effort.

I'm sold on the igo-l......waiting for a nice price drop and going to snag 2 or 3......or 5 more...lol.
You need to school me on that micro coil. I've seen and read a bit about it but not in any depth.
Am I correct in that the coils nearly, or actually, touch????
In a way that makes crazy, simplistic sense.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
I'm sold on the igo-l......waiting for a nice price drop and going to snag 2 or 3......or 5 more...lol.
You need to school me on that micro coil. I've seen and read a bit about it but not in any depth.
Am I correct in that the coils nearly, or actually, touch????
In a way that makes crazy, simplistic sense.

I seen the L for sale for $12 shipped but when I got to the site, they were sold out. I ordered two more from Okc vapes when I ordered my Vamo. Not even interested in these high dollar drippers that have hit the market!

You are correct, the coils touch. I use a 2.4mm micro screwdriver to wrap my coil on. Some people have said that leaving random spaces in the coils actually works better for them but I haven't tried it yet. One guy leaves a gap in the center of the coil and that is the only place the coils don't touch. I used 13 wraps of .28 gauge kanthal on my latest build. 2.1ohms. Micros don't work well with thinner wire. Simple cotton wick. I use just enough for one end to rest on the deck. Gives me better air flow opposed to filling the deck with wicking material. The coil should heat from the inside out.

Really simple setup and vapes like nothing else! Let me know how yours turns out!

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I seen the L for sale for $12 shipped but when I got to the site, they were sold out. I ordered two more from Okc vapes when I ordered my Vamo. Not even interested in these high dollar drippers that have hit the market!

You are correct, the coils touch. I use a 2.4mm micro screwdriver to wrap my coil on. Some people have said that leaving random spaces in the coils actually works better for them but I haven't tried it yet. One guy leaves a gap in the center of the coil and that is the only place the coils don't touch. I used 13 wraps of .28 gauge kanthal on my latest build. 2.1ohms. Micros don't work well with thinner wire. Simple cotton wick. I use just enough for one end to rest on the deck. Gives me better air flow opposed to filling the deck with wicking material. The coil should heat from the inside out.

Really simple setup and vapes like nothing else! Let me know how yours turns out!

Awesome...thanks. Going to give this a shot soon. I'll post back and let you know the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread