Go To Flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarebird

Aug 18, 2016
Houston, TX
I have messed around with a number of commercial ejuices and have now been doing DIY for a number of months, but have yet to find my "go to" flavor. I like pina colada and lemon meringue pie a lot but couldn't vape them day after day. At first I was vaping tobacco flavors, couldn't find one I liked, but since doing DIY I discovered Hangsen flavors and enjoyed them thoroughly, much like tobacco, and I would recommend them to someone who is looking for a solid tobacco flavor. However, I have gravitated away from tobacco flavors, and I am now looking for a "go to" flavor.

What is your "go to" flavor? And I am seeking any recommendations on something you think I would enjoy based on what you know about me!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Vanillas and creams are my go to DIYs. I have a vanilla cream base that I mix, and if I want to alter it I can add AP or Banana cream or strawberry or... You get the point. Vanilla is a favorite that can be complimented with other flavors.

This thread will be moved to Diy section soon.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The most frequent flavor I vape is still Tobacco and I have so many DIY's I like to do mood mixes like right now I have Butterscotch Graham and a Tobacco with Clove and Berries mixed in my tank. It isn't a recipe so to speak it is more of what mood I was in when I filled the tank. Graduated tanks come in so handy at times. I also have close to 100 flavors in stock which change day to day in rotation but Tobacco is part of the rotation everyday.

Just one storage area

upload_2017-4-1_14-45-57.png

Reactions: Rickb119

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
13% Capella Vanilla Custard V1
3% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
2.5% TFA Hazelnut (reg. hazelnut...not DX)

That's been my go to for about 4 years.
I ordered the vanilla custard an tried it in to mixes at .5 each. I guess I just don't like it at all. I hate that cause it is in so many good recipes

Reactions: Asbestos4004

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I vape a lot of custard or custard & something else. CAP Vanilla Custard v1 is excellent with practically any fruit or combination. INW Custard on the other hand is great with bakery & savory flavors. Not to say CAP isn't, just that INW is better in those mixes, to me. Here's some simple mixes I enjoy. I usually age my mixes naturally for 2 to 4 weeks.

Stand alone:
Vanilla Custard v1 CAP 10% or Custard INW 6% or Pralines & Cream FW or Butter Pecan FW 12%
Sweetener TFA 1%

Custard & fruit:
Vanilla Custard v1 CAP 7%
Strawberry Ripe TFA or Blueberry Wild TFA or Raspberry CAP or Blackberry CAP 5.35%
Sweet Strawberry CAP or Blueberry CAP or Sweet Strawberry CAP or Raspberry CAP 2.65%
Marshmallow CAP 1%

Custard, bakery or savory:
Custard INW 6%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl CAP 3.5% or Butterscotch FW or Hazelnut FW or Butter Pecan FW 4%
Sweetener TFA 1%

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I've been vaping the same 2 tobacco flavors for over 6 years now. I'm currently shopping for one to replace one of them because they stopped selling it for no good reason.

I just can't vape anything else. No other flavors did it for me.

I've tried many other tobacco flavors too.

The one tobacco I still vape is Red&White from Vaporkings.com. Love this one. The one that I can't get any longer was Carolina Tobacco from Vapor Nine.

Anyone ever use these?

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
the only go-to flavor i can vape everyday and not get tired of it (have done so for last 4or so years now) is unflavored nic with 2% koolada...with added menthol or cucumber on occassions too.

not sure what you would like but, if you liked tobaccos, to me a good 'french vanilla coffee' comes close to being just as good as a good tobacco.

I've been vaping the same 2 tobacco flavors for over 6 years now. I'm currently shopping for one to replace one of them because they stopped selling it for no good reason.

I just can't vape anything else. No other flavors did it for me.

I've tried many other tobacco flavors too.

The one tobacco I still vape is Red&White from Vaporkings.com. Love this one. The one that I can't get any longer was Carolina Tobacco from Vapor Nine.

Anyone ever use these?

they still sell the carolina on their 'new leaf vapor' site, they call it 'classic carolina tobacco' there.
a lot cheaper though to just buy the super concentrate flavoring of it from vaping zone and make your own, i mixed it at 4.25% with max vg in the past but, liked it best at 3% with 2% TFA hazelnut flavoring added to it.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
they still sell the carolina on their 'new leaf vapor' site, they call it 'classic carolina tobacco' there.
a lot cheaper though to just buy the super concentrate flavoring of it from vaping zone and make your own, i mixed it at 4.25% with max vg in the past but, liked it best at 3% with 2% TFA hazelnut flavoring added to it.
Thanks but I tried that other Carolina and it's not the same. I didn't like it.

I want to get into making my own but I keep chickening out.

Did you ever use their V9 Carolina?.

Reactions: LeeLee26

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Thanks but I tried that other Carolina and it's not the same. I didn't like it.

I want to get into making my own but I keep chickening out.

Did you ever use their V9 Carolina?.

making your own is super easy, especially when you only want one flavor. it doesn't require much for you to start doing so either. for now you would just need an empty bottle, your unflavored vg/pg nic choice, 2 syringes (1ml syringe & a larger size for the vg/pg nic) and your flavoring. With Super concentrate flavorings you use very little so it won't affect your vg/pg ratios or lower your nic down enough to matter right now. this is an easy way for you to see that there is no reason to be chickening out over something so simple to do.

the carolina tobacco i tried was when they were V9, the SC flavoring tastes like that but, a bit stronger in taste.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
making your own is super easy, especially when you only want one flavor. it doesn't require much for you to start doing so either. for now you would just need an empty bottle, your unflavored vg/pg nic choice, 2 syringes (1ml syringe & a larger size for the vg/pg nic) and your flavoring. With Super concentrate flavorings you use very little so it won't affect your vg/pg ratios or lower your nic down enough to matter right now. this is an easy way for you to see that there is no reason to be chickening out over something so simple to do.

the carolina tobacco i tried was when they were V9, the SC flavoring tastes like that but, a bit stronger in taste.
Stronger sound good...

Thank you, you make it sound easy ...

Where do I get all liquids to make my own? I

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I always have a variety of DIY eliquids in several tanks in rotation. But the one that I use the most of each and every day, is what I call "Caramel Latte".

It's super simple to make, with the Lucky Shot and Lotta Latte "One Stop Blends" from OneStopDIY Shop. Their One Stop Blends and One Stop Flavors are IMO wonderful, and are ready to use singly, at about 8-10%...in your own PG, VG, and nic base.

However, I use 1/2 Lucky Shot + 1/2 Lotta Latte, for a resulting "Caramel Latte". I use each at 6% mixed with my own PG, VG, and nic base. Some who've made it say they like about 8% or more of each of them, while others like alittle less than 6% each. It's very easy to adjust to your own taste...whatever that might be! The result is a great ADV, IMO. It has been the ADV of one of the owners of OSDIY for nearly 4 years so far!

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
Stronger sound good...

My freedom smokes sells everything you need that's where I made my first order. I've heard liquid barn is good also. I just ordered like 50+ flavorings from bull city flavors. If I can do it, you can ricks, I have faith in you.

Check out either newamsterdam vapes / diy or die on YouTube. They were both super helpful to me when I was getting into mixing my own. Newamsterdam is basically like a PowerPoint with voice over, very straight forward. Diy or die is like most other youtube people, but knows his stuff as well.

I've still been playing around with the mixing to much to have a true "go to", but I did a good strawberry custard mix and a decent PB&J. I'm definitely going to be fine tuning those.

Check out eliquid recipes and type in RY4U, there is a recipe made by diy or die that has like 4-5☆ with hundreds of reviews. It's supposed to be a nutty, creamy, tobacco. Or let me know if you want me to tell you what I think and I'll try to post it after I get my flavors and mix it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

This is how I got started. So much better. Than buying premix

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Stronger sound good...

lots of places, i prefer vaperstek.org 'premium' unflavored nic and vg but, many like freedomsmoke, wizardlabs and others.

the carolina tobacco concentrate however may not be the same everywhere. you would think they were of same strength but, with my favorite SC french pipe tobacco, it turned out that was not the case. So only place i can recommend you buy the SC carolina tobacco favoring is from vaping zone since that is the one i used (and also now only use for my SC french pipe too). SC-Carolina Tobacco Super Concentrated Flavor .

they sell nic, vg, pg, etc too but, prices are higher than they should be IMO so up to you if you want to buy those from them too.

Reactions: ricks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread