Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
lots of places, i prefer vaperstek.org 'premium' unflavored nic and vg but, many like freedomsmoke, wizardlabs and others.

the carolina tobacco concentrate however may not be the same everywhere. you would think they were of same strength but, with my favorite SC french pipe tobacco, it turned out that was not the case. So only place i can recommend you buy the SC carolina tobacco favoring is from vaping zone since that is the one i used (and also now only use for my SC french pipe too). SC-Carolina Tobacco Super Concentrated Flavor .

they sell nic, vg, pg, etc too but, prices are higher than they should be IMO so up to you if you want to buy those from them too.
I want to try what you suggest. I will buy the Carolina Tobacco super concentrate from Vaping zone. What else should I buy? I vape more PG than VG. I'm pretty sure that the V9 Carolina was 70PG/30VG.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
I want to try what you suggest. I will buy the Carolina Tobacco super concentrate from Vaping zone. What else should I buy? I vape more PG than VG. I'm pretty sure that the V9 Carolina was 70PG/30VG.
ejuice me up. com has a real easy to use calculator.

Rarebird

Aug 18, 2016
Houston, TX
You can get your nicotine juice in a variety of pg/vg combinations. Shouldn't be any problem finding a 70/30 base.
The problem is more like to be that it will be too strong without diluting it. I think 24mg is the weakest they have on MyFreedomSmokes. If you do buy it stronger you will need to dilute it with PG and VG.

The calculator mentioned above is free and, as oldude said, easy to use. You just plug in the strength of your base, the desired strength of your final product, the amount you want to make, and it spits out the right numbers in milliliters or number of drops to use.

I use a 30 ml syringe with a big blunt tip needle on it for the base, the PG and VG, and the flavoring. I don't feel the need to be too precise, it comes out fine. If you're mixing flavors, I'd imagine a smaller syringe would be a necessity.

The bottles will cost you more than the juice. I buy 30 milliliter bottles with glass droppers for $1.25 each.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: ricks

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I have messed around with a number of commercial ejuices and have now been doing DIY for a number of months, but have yet to find my "go to" flavor. I like pina colada and lemon meringue pie a lot but couldn't vape them day after day. At first I was vaping tobacco flavors, couldn't find one I liked, but since doing DIY I discovered Hangsen flavors and enjoyed them thoroughly, much like tobacco, and I would recommend them to someone who is looking for a solid tobacco flavor. However, I have gravitated away from tobacco flavors, and I am now looking for a "go to" flavor.

What is your "go to" flavor? And I am seeking any recommendations on something you think I would enjoy based on what you know about me!

Use to be into non menthol for close to 40yrs tried many different flavors ry4 etc all were boring and or sweet.
Last 3/4 years been DIY and only vape 1 kind -Tobacco express - tobacco additive its a concentrated flavoring and use 2-2.2 % with high%pg and a few %of vg plus nic thats all.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I am doing a new butterscotch and am pretty happy with it. But my "go-to" is not really just one, it depends on the mood, too.

Looking for flavors, I looked to my likes in taste for other things. I have a Chocolate Glazed Donut and a Chocolate Cookie and one of them is pretty much always done steeping. I guess I like chocolate.

I wish they had an MLT (mutton, lettuce & tomato). I could vape it while watching the Princess Bride.

Life just isn't perfect, I suppose.

Reactions: BreSha6869

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
the only go-to flavor i can vape everyday and not get tired of it (have done so for last 4or so years now) is unflavored nic
+1 for unflavored. I hit a wall DIYing; and nothing was sounding good. Out of shear need to support my nicotine habit, I mixed up some unflavored (PG/VG/nic) base at my usual levels, figuring I could always add some flavoring once I got motivated. Turned out to be just what the doctor ordered.

It has just a touch of sweetness. I never seem to tire of it. My taste buds don't get burned out. I don't vape excessively because I am graving the flavor. And, when I do vape something flavored, I find it much more satisfying; it has become like a treat. I always have two set-ups within reach. One with unflavored; the other with something flavored. I still find myself reaching for the unflavored 70-80% of the time.

I now feel more free to mix as the mood hits me, and I can mix in smaller amounts (15-30mL), without worrying about whether I am going to get tired of it, am I going to run out, and how long will I have to wait for it to age. I may mix a different flavor once a week, vape on it for a day or two, and then I'm good. I may then, reach for something completely different that I had previously mixed (I usually have anywhere from 4-6 different recipes mixed up and hanging around), or mix up something new. Whatever I do; the pressure to have "that" ADV is off. :D

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I vaped for 3 years commercial juices, and that gave me plenty
of time to know what types I liked and what types I didn't like.
My diy stash of flavorings are full of tobaccos, coffees (especially
espresso types), apples, caramels, and peanut butter. Then I keep
other stuff such as sweet cream, marshmallow, graham cracker,
etc. to mix those with as I get in the mood. A light mint to switch
things up a bit sometimes, of course chocolate goes with anything.
I'm good. =)

Reactions: IDJoel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My ADV for the last 2 years I've been DIY has been Hangsen Desert Ship 4% and RTS TA 2%. I also vape HS Highway and No5 in the same percentage with the RTS TA. Sure glad I bought 500mls of RTS TA when it was available cause its been out of stock for much too long. Same with the hangsen tobacs, they are harder to find the good tobac flavors and the 50ml original packaging concentrates have disappeared. The flavors will remain around but the tobaccos are the ones that are going to vanish once the hammer falls. I'm glad I stocked up to the point of hoarding when I had the chance last summer.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My ADV for the last 2 years I've been DIY has been Hangsen Desert Ship 4% and RTS TA 2%. I also vape HS Highway and No5 in the same percentage with the RTS TA. Sure glad I bought 500mls of RTS TA when it was available cause its been out of stock for much too long. Same with the hangsen tobacs, they are harder to find the good tobac flavors and the 50ml original packaging concentrates have disappeared. The flavors will remain around but the tobaccos are the ones that are going to vanish once the hammer falls. I'm glad I stocked up to the point of hoarding when I had the chance last summer.

I vape all those and add tobacco absolute sparingly and only when a tobacco flavor fails by itself. Highway and No. 5 seem to vape fine without the TA for me. Some of the other Hangsen flavors usually need it. Tastes vary, but I seldom go higher than 1% TA in anything. Usually I start at .25%. Mine is from MFS and is marked as a 10% dilution. A little goes a LONG way! It's grainy and fairly thick. I have to shake it well before use or it's way overpowering. I probably need to fill the air space in the bottle with PG to thin it.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I vape all those and add tobacco absolute sparingly and only when a tobacco flavor fails by itself. Highway and No. 5 seem to vape fine without the TA for me.

I won't say that I add TA if the standalone tobac fails. I vape all the HS tobacs by themselves and like them, its just the grassy taste that the RTS TA brings out that I like the most. Garuda TA also has that grassy taste too. I have cut down my tobac percentages over the last many months cause now I may have a limited supply and foreseeing what to do when I begin to run out along with making builds last longer with less ingredients.
I haven't really looked for another tobac vape for ages and with a MFS TA search in here I'm going to give it a shot since I came up with a grassy/hay flavored TA.
I hope that MFS accepts a different billing and shipping address, thats a issue that I have come across with some US vendors not accepting my Canadian CC using a US shipping addy.
I want to NET but getting leaf in Canada isn't easy and so far non existent. Buying broken cigars like I did with my first NET isn't cost effective enough to repeat. US leaf is sure costly with all the added costs I could be paying on top of the shipping and exchange.
Now that I've had another look at acquiring both leaf and tobac concentrates I'll prolly be cutting my tobac percentage down even further to get as much mileage as I can out of the stock I have.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I won't say that I add TA if the standalone tobac fails. I vape all the HS tobacs by themselves and like them, its just the grassy taste that the RTS TA brings out that I like the most. Garuda TA also has that grassy taste too. I have cut down my tobac percentages over the last many months cause now I may have a limited supply and foreseeing what to do when I begin to run out along with making builds last longer with less ingredients.
I haven't really looked for another tobac vape for ages and with a MFS TA search in here I'm going to give it a shot since I came up with a grassy/hay flavored TA.
I hope that MFS accepts a different billing and shipping address, thats a issue that I have come across with some US vendors not accepting my Canadian CC using a US shipping addy.
I want to NET but getting leaf in Canada isn't easy and so far non existent. Buying broken cigars like I did with my first NET isn't cost effective enough to repeat. US leaf is sure costly with all the added costs I could be paying on top of the shipping and exchange.
Now that I've had another look at acquiring both leaf and tobac concentrates I'll prolly be cutting my tobac percentage down even further to get as much mileage as I can out of the stock I have.

TA for me puts the tobacco cigarette sensation into some otherwise boring cigarette flavors. I like nutty or slightly spicy ( but only a hint) flavors. For the most part I like light flavors just because overly strong flavors can get unbearable before the tank is empty. There's been lots of times that I mixed something up based on other's suggestions and ended up cutting it 50/50 with unflavored nic base. Most of the time that turns out good because I get it fixed and end up with two bottles of good vape juice. A couple of times they have been flushed down the drain.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
. . . liked it best at 3% with 2% TFA hazelnut flavoring added to it.
That sounds good!
Where do I get all liquids to make my own? I
RTS Vapes, My Freedom Smokes, Wizard Labs, Bull City Vapors, and lots more.
I always have a variety of DIY eliquids in several tanks in rotation. But the one that I use the most of each and every day, is what I call "Caramel Latte".

It's super simple to make, with the Lucky Shot and Lotta Latte "One Stop Blends" from OneStopDIY Shop. Their One Stop Blends and One Stop Flavors are IMO wonderful, and are ready to use singly, at about 8-10%...in your own PG, VG, and nic base.

However, I use 1/2 Lucky Shot + 1/2 Lotta Latte, for a resulting "Caramel Latte". I use each at 6% mixed with my own PG, VG, and nic base. Some who've made it say they like about 8% or more of each of them, while others like alittle less than 6% each. It's very easy to adjust to your own taste...whatever that might be! The result is a great ADV, IMO. It has been the ADV of one of the owners of OSDIY for nearly 4 years so far!
I've seen those flavors recommended A LOT. I need to order me some.
My ADV is peppermint or any minty vape, but I have been vaping about a 50/50 mix of peach and Jamaican rum and it's quite tasty.
Both sound good. I love peppermint. I hate the actual candy. But, I love to vape peppermint.
TA for me puts the tobacco cigarette sensation into some otherwise boring cigarette flavors. I like nutty or slightly spicy ( but only a hint) flavors. For the most part I like light flavors just because overly strong flavors can get unbearable before the tank is empty. There's been lots of times that I mixed something up based on other's suggestions and ended up cutting it 50/50 with unflavored nic base. Most of the time that turns out good because I get it fixed and end up with two bottles of good vape juice. A couple of times they have been flushed down the drain.
I was very upset when they discontinued TFA Tobacco Blend. It's such a simple plain tobacco (TA, PG, and a tiny touch of sweetener). And, it makes a great tobacco base to add other flavors to.

I read some of the info about TA, but got overwhelmed at all the variations. I guess I need to investigate again. My stash of TFA Tobacco Blend has about run out.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread