• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

God will save me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose and poured into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose and poured into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”
    My question is, why would he be in heaven? Refusing to safe his own life would count as suicide and thus earn a trip "down south."

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I guess we will have to disagree on that. The good Lord does for those that do for themselves...
    Actual it doesn't say that in any scripture.

Though in old testament the laws IMO: were given because the people asked for them, though the law shows we can't make ourselves right with God and because of that we sin against God. But in the new testament it only takes believing in Jesus and trusting in God, it's all up to God not us.

Last edited:

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    Actual it doesn't say that in any scripture.

Though in old testament the laws IMO: were given because the people asked for them, though the law shows we can't make ourselves right with God and because of that we sin against God. But in the new testament it only takes believing in Jesus and trusting in God, it's all up to God not us.
    I never said that was in the Bible. My grandfather said it all the time and it's something I believe.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    I never said that was in the Bible. My grandfather said it all the time and it's something I believe.

Some born again Christians can't see when Almighty God, Bless His Holy Name, is trying to communicate with them. You have to listen. "Be still and know that I Am God." Some people think they know when God is trying to reach them, but they wind up in a bad situation. You have to test the spirits to see just whom you are hearing. Trust me, satan has put me in a trap or two....or three.....or four, etc. This story is just that. Meaning, that in this particular situation, the Lord was trying to reach him and the guy wasn't listening. It was like the guy was waiting for God's Hand to pick him up. Trust me, I have a sizable faith, but even I know that by the 2nd offer, I'd be on that boat and say, "Thank You, Jesus! I got it, now!" But then I'd make sure my 4-legged babies could get in the boat, too! After being in Katrina, though, I would have evacuated with my 4-legged babies with me!

Now as far as the saying, 'God helps those who helps themselves.' That really isn't in Scripture. I know people like to say that phrase, but it is not truthful. A born again Christian depends on God, because He directs our path. "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path." I depend on God, Bless His Holy Name, for even tiny things. When I misplace something, He knows where it is and I don't. That may seem silly to people, but I depend on Him.......for everything. It's not that He wants to control us, but He wants to keep us from harm. Some of our decisions can be with you, because of consequences, for the rest of your life. If we had sought God's truth, instead of our own, we wouldn't be in the jam that we finds ourselves in. But, He won't leave you alone while you have to deal with the aftermath of your decision.

Reactions: mightymen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread