Going Backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
Calgary Alberta Canada
Hello everyone, I haven't been on this site for awhile but I am still smoke free & still vaping for 9 months now. What works best for me are SMOK mods and Aspire tanks. Tobacco flavored Juices are my favorite. After smoking cigarettes for 40 plus years, I prefer MTL vaping and I don't see this changing. To me it seems that 80% or more of the market is geared towards direct lung vaping. I started on a Nautilus, then the Mini-Nautilus, the Triton Mini and the Nautilus 2. The Nautilus 2 was the best tank for performance and flavor but a nightmare for leaking. I pulled off the air flow ring on my Nautilus tank and use Triton mini Clapton coils. This is what I vape on now. I ordered the IJOY Elf from FASTTECH as none of the vape shops where I live have it yet. Supposedly Nautilus coils will fit in this tank. Has anyone tried this tank? Also any ideas on other MTL tanks? I am not a fan of tanks with rebuild-able coils.

Reactions: Eskie

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Fasttech has some Protank 2 styled atomizers that are cheap and work like their namesake. The EVOD and EVOD 2 are still around, and SmokTek.com still has some of the Kamry 4ml X10 tanks for sale.

If you stick with the 2.0+ ohm coils, you can drive those tanks at 15w and get very good flavor and vapor. I'm using an X10 now on my Vamo V5 at 14w, with my own RY4 clone and it's good!

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
The problem with the leaking in the nautilus is due to pressure from closing the cap.

When you screw it down, it pushes liquid into the coil and floods it. The trick is to seal it upside down so it pushes air into the coil instead of liquid.

Twist it like normal and then for the last few turns flip it upside down.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hiya! Grats on keeping smoke free. I am considering getting one of these for my next tank, from every review i have seen it is meant to be fantastic, though it does look a little scrawny.
N-Vape Mini Pro - Clearomizers / Atomizers from what i can tell the coils can last for months.

It's a GS (RG) £4.50 glass tank from China with the 'fabled' N.V coils which are no different to any other dry-burn-able coils, such as Joyetech CLR.
Forget those reviews, the world has moved on. That stuff is prehistoric.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Prehistoric or not it is cheap, leak free works really well and is cost effective. A win in my book!
* post deleted * in fairness to O.P.
Google me - djsvapour, JoBo, UKVapers, Nature Vape (all together if you like) and make up your own mind. There's good and bad on there. Not everybody won.

Last edited:

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
The Nautilus 2 was the best tank for performance and flavor but a nightmare for leaking.

I haven't tried the ELF. I do have a Nautilus 2. I've been moving more toward re-buildables, but I still use the Nautilus 2 at times when I want to be a bit more stealthy.

I had some trouble with it at the beginning (and a lot of people seem to have.) It's a bit finicky. I did eventually figure it out, I guess, because I haven't had problems with it in a while. I think one key is to over-tighten the coil. I'm usually really leery of over-tightening things, but with the Nautilus 2 that seems to help. Turning it upside own also seems like a good idea, though actually since I started really tightening the coils I haven't needed to do that.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everyone, I haven't been on this site for awhile but I am still smoke free & still vaping for 9 months now. What works best for me are SMOK mods and Aspire tanks. Tobacco flavored Juices are my favorite. After smoking cigarettes for 40 plus years, I prefer MTL vaping and I don't see this changing. To me it seems that 80% or more of the market is geared towards direct lung vaping. I started on a Nautilus, then the Mini-Nautilus, the Triton Mini and the Nautilus 2. The Nautilus 2 was the best tank for performance and flavor but a nightmare for leaking. I pulled off the air flow ring on my Nautilus tank and use Triton mini Clapton coils. This is what I vape on now. I ordered the IJOY Elf from FASTTECH as none of the vape shops where I live have it yet. Supposedly Nautilus coils will fit in this tank. Has anyone tried this tank? Also any ideas on other MTL tanks? I am not a fan of tanks with rebuild-able coils.
Tanks-I would check out:
The Tron-S, with the CLR coils,the EHpro Kayfun Lite V2, Kayfun V5, and the Subtank Mini with the RBA/purch option.

Reactions: Grimwald

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am a lover of the Nautilus 2 over the Nautilus 1, it's a great device and vapes very smoothly. BB has some good suggestions also, I am drooling to get my hands on a Kayfun 5 and am waiting for a cheap clone at the moment. I've had good luck with advertized clones, not so much the "stealth" ones.

I hope you find something you like!

Anna

There are a couple of MTL tanks that take stock coils (same as Nautilus) that are a step above the Nautilus 2, without any leaking or filling issues.

Check out the Vika Fanatasy or the Kabuki. The Vika Fantasy has to be ordered from vika | vapor | e-cig | health | quit smoking and the Kabuki from Home

The Vika Fantasy is $40 cheaper.

Both can be bought on FastTech as clones.

QTS

MOUTH TO LUNG VAPERS
on Facebook

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread