Going for STL Gooey Butter Cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Welp... I have finally made I juice that I enjoy...

60/40 PG/VG
5% flavoring
3 parts TPA Chocolate
3 parts TPA Caramel
4 parts TPA Bavarian Cream

I was shooting for something similar to STL Gooey Butter cake since it's the only thing I've been vaping for over a month. Not to pat myself on the back too hard, but this stuff is really good! Not gonna use a carto on it just yet. I'm gonna let this one sit for a while and see how the flavors play out. I gave it a nice hot bath and shook it really well, but flavors change over time.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Cool . That exact recipe comes stored in the ejuicemeupcalculator under the name Milk chocolate caramel truffle . I was just about to make some actually .
I figured this recipe would have been out there somewhere. Can't see how someone wouldn't have already threw those flavors together.

Either way... This is some good stuff.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Cool . Ill try it out . Yes there is a major difference in the caramels .

Caramel candy is a real candy sweet caramel like you would find in a candy bar ,not buttery at all .Kinda gooey and stretchy like .

Caramel original is a bakery type caramel ,very creamy and buttery .

Cap caramel is almost like a mix of the two above . Kind of like a caramel worthers hard candy .

With the name of this recipe the one you used sounds best or cap caramel too .

Tpa also makes one more caramel thats named just caramel . Havent tried that one yet but i hear its one of the best . I also just got HC caramel butter and caramel in today . The HC caramel is like a thin toasted caramel . The caramel butter smells amazing like caramel original on steroids with real butter ,slightly less artificial in smell but super potent . Everyone is completely different though .

Last edited:

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Chocolate???? in a gooey butter cake? The only real St Louis butter cake I have tasted was a yellow cake with gooey yumminess in the center. Were you going for a gooey cake and then got this recipe by accident or am I missing something?
The Gooey Butter Cake that I buy from Vape-A-Licious, definitely has chocolate in it. I've never tasted the real thing so have nothing to compare it to, but the ejuice that she makes is the only thing I was vaping for over a month. Anyone that tries it says it tastes like chocolate.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Chocolate???? in a gooey butter cake? The only real St Louis butter cake I have tasted was a yellow cake with gooey yumminess in the center. Were you going for a gooey cake and then got this recipe by accident or am I missing something?

The Gooey Butter Cake that I buy from Vape-A-Licious, definitely has chocolate in it. I've never tasted the real thing so have nothing to compare it to, but the ejuice that she makes is the only thing I was vaping for over a month. Anyone that tries it says it tastes like chocolate.

Ya, it seems the 'real' flavor is not taken much into account with juice vendors, or I should say some juice vendors. I've never had the real thing, but I've read the recipe and will make it soon as it sounds delish! I too ordered some from a juice vendor, and the predominate flavor was banana!! NO banana in Gooey Butter Cake either!

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
The KBV version is very complex. I doubt anybody would be able to replicate it. boB and Missy probably have the recipe locked away in a secret vault that's protect be magic spells! I love the stuff. I'm highly addicted!

Just my point...seems every vendor has their 'version' of it, which may or may not taste anything like the authentic GBC. Here's a recipe for the actual cake...no chocolate, no banana, etc ;)
Seeking Sweetness in Everyday Life - Seeking Sweetness in Everyday Life - Butter Me Up: The Famous St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
The KBV version is very complex. I doubt anybody would be able to replicate it. boB and Missy probably have the recipe locked away in a secret vault that's protect be magic spells! I love the stuff. I'm highly addicted!

Yes...........AND, it tastes exactly like gooey butter cake, but they are from St Louis after all.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
If you ever bake some, ship me a piece. LOL!:laugh: I don't know of anywhere in South Florida that makes it. If it taste like the juice I think I would be in trouble b/c I'd gain 100lbs.
Yes...........AND, it tastes exactly like gooey butter cake, but they are from St Louis after all.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US

If you ever bake some, ship me a piece. LOL!:laugh: I don't know of anywhere in South Florida that makes it. If it taste like the juice I think I would be in trouble b/c I'd gain 100lbs.

I made one and it is to die for!
I did some revisions and cut creamed cheese in half and added a bit of brown sugar to the topping instead to make it richer
YUMMMMMMY!

It's on my todo list lol!

JewelzBagz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
AZ
I just wanted to say thanks for this recipe! It's now the 2nd recipe I've tried that I actually really like and will continue to make. I didn't have TPA caramel or chocolate, I substituted Inawera Karamel & Milk Chocolate. I have tried substituting different brands of flavorings in the past with other recipes-with nothing but dismal results. It's a tribute to you and your nice simple recipe that I now have 2 (YAY!) DIY liquids I can vape regularly.:toast:

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I've seen that recipe copied all over the interwebs and it is wrong.
Using a whole box of powdered sugar (4 cups) would be like biting on a sugar cube, and that is not how this cake tastes in da Lou.

Gooey Butter Cake:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kick-bass-vapor/244800-gooey-butter-cake-recipe.html

Thanks! Been thinkin about making one, though my husband is weird and doesn't like gooey things so I'll probably end up eating the whole thing all by my lonesome ;) Shame huh? lol!

So Sophie...who makes the most authentic tasting juice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread