Status
Not open for further replies.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
I'm just imagining that the large (ie 1 gallon) bottles use less plastic than the 75 50ml bottles I would have if I bought that much juice retail. I don't have any big empty bottles or that many small bottles to weigh and check for sure though.

*~*moonlitwish*~*

Don't get caught in that trap. It's not the amount of plastic in those 75 bottles, it's the amount of energy and processing required to manufacture those 75 bottles, as opposed to the gallon jug. The plastic in the landfill, at the end, is probably similar, but the energy used on the production of all those small bottles is the bigger concern.

Reactions: Moonlitwish

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
I did it to save green - meaning money! That didn't happen! LOL. But beyond that, I have seen people throwing their used coils on the ground. I've seen the "butts" of cigalikes on the ground, too.
I'm really in the same boat. I *should* be saving money, but so far, I'm negative lol.
Man I never even threw my cigarette butts on the ground. This winter I found 3 butts in the water bottle pocket of a pack I use for hiking. Haven't smoked and hiked in over 3 years!

*~*moonlitwish*~*

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To me "going green" is to never use a disposable e-cig.
I've spent a large portion of my life in some of the most pristine places in the world, and I go ape at the thought of disposable cartridges & batteries laying around on the ground. (at least we could field strip a cigarette)
You and me too tj. Seeing cig butts on the ground was bad enough but those same folks that did that are the same kind that won't think twice about doing the same with batteries and toppers. (facepalm)

Reactions: tj99959

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I order me Flavors in 4oz. bottles. Once emptied they are transferred to DIY storage duty.
PG and VG are purchased in 1gal Bottles and those go to other liquid usage when empty.
Nic comes in 1ltr bottles that work great as water bottles when hiking the river banks and at sporting events.
Also make great Cooler ice packs.

With a little thought, re-purposing is a simple task.

I have repaired my Microwave 3 times in 20yrs. with small parts needed. Saved on land fill and Major cost of replacement.(top of line over stove unit)

Even wood from old projects gets cut down and reused when possible.
Cardboard shipping containers aid heating from fireplace.
Water conservation saves 2x the volume needed to fill our pool, annually.
18,000gal:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread