Going to buy my first squonker. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
I want to get a squonker to put the Hadaly on. I've never owned or used one.
I don't want to spend a ton since im not sure it's even for me. I'm looking for an entry level mod, let's say under $70.
These are the ones I'm looking at hardest:

Dripbox 160, but the disclaimer on their website says it can ONLY be used with the provided atty.

Gbox S100

Wraith

Steamcrave Squonk mod

I don't really have a battery preference (1 or2) since I always carry extra.

What I would really like though, but haven't found is something in that price range with the "box" look of the VT Inbox.

Any help appreciated.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't have any 1st Hand Experience with the Squonkers you are considering. But I see No Reason why you can't use just about any BF rda with a Kanger DripBox 160w.

And that is Good Thing. Because the BF RDA that comes with the DripBox 160w is about the Same as the one that comes with the DripBox 60w ( which I have), and it is OK. But Nothing to write home about.

The DripBox 60w is Great Mod. Just an So-So RDA that comes with it.

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
If a mech mod would suit your needs, I don't see how you could do much better (or cheaper) than a Coppervape. Some users have had trouble with their CVs, but both of mine have been perfect out of the box. Don't care for the included atties, though others like them. For about $25 - $35 they're tough to beat. I've parked my well-used and much-loved REO Grand since I got my CVs.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
If a mech mod would suit your needs, I don't see how you could do much better (or cheaper) than a Coppervape. Some users have had trouble with their CVs, but both of mine have been perfect out of the box. Don't care for the included atties, though others like them. For about $25 - $35 they're tough to beat. I've parked my well-used and much-loved REO Grand since I got my CVs.

No issues whatsoever with mine either (3) lol, if the OP knows about mechanicals and safety you can't beat the CV especially for the money spent .

If he isn't familiar with it then stick to a regulated Squonker.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I have no idea why they would say you have to use the provided atty with the Dripbox 160, definitely not true. Any 510 will work as long as it's bf capable and even if it's not it'll still work as a dripper with it, I've used many different attys with it. The connector on the 160 isn't spring loaded if that matters to you. SS316L is primarily what I use and works well with it in temp mode as well as in power mode with Kanthal.

For the price the 160 is a good option but since your at $70 already I'd highly suggest looking at the Hcigar VT Inbox. It's reg price is just <$100 but I picked one up on a Halloween Sale for <$65 and with the holidays coming up their should be some good deals on it. It really is overall a much better device with a DNA 75 and the squonk system is designed much better.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
My hadaly works extremely well with my cheapo kanger dripmod. I'm probably going to get a pico squeeze & a coppervape from fastech as well. Fastech has the pico squeeze for a little over $18 for just the mod. Here's a pic of the hadaly & my dripmod.
3b1f0491a3cdd2b776e8b024eb830e2e.jpg

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Pay no mind to the companies that say you must use their specific topper with their mod , this is nothing new .

Many companies say the same , make sure you use the Innokin I sub tank with the Innokin Smart Box etc.... ELeaf did one better , they rejected warranty claims if you said you used a topper by another company and not an E Leaf topper , no joke .

It's 100% about more profit for them if they can get people to believe only their tanks will work with their mods . Of course you can use other tanks.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My hadaly works extremely well with my cheapo kanger dripmod. I'm probably going to get a pico squeeze & a coppervape from fastech as well. Fastech has the pico squeeze for a little over $18 for just the mod. Here's a pic of the hadaly & my dripmod.
3b1f0491a3cdd2b776e8b024eb830e2e.jpg

I have a couple of Coppervape BF Mods. Couldn't be Happier with them.

And I have a Pico Squeeze in-transit right now. If it performs the Same as my DripBox (and I'm not sure why it Shouldn't?) I'll be all Smiles.

Because the Size of the Pico Squeeze is Killer for an on-the-go Mod. And the Price makes it Hard to not get one.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I have no idea why they would say you have to use the provided atty with the Dripbox 160, definitely not true. Any 510 will work as long as it's bf capable and even if it's not it'll still work as a dripper with it, I've used many different attys with it. The connector on the 160 isn't spring loaded if that matters to you. SS316L is primarily what I use and works well with it in temp mode as well as in power mode with Kanthal.

For the price the 160 is a good option but since your at $70 already I'd highly suggest looking at the Hcigar VT Inbox. It's reg price is just <$100 but I picked one up on a Halloween Sale for <$65 and with the holidays coming up their should be some good deals on it. It really is overall a much better device with a DNA 75 and the squonk system is designed much better.

Is the dripbox 160 bulky in the pocket

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: GeorgeS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread