Going to Thailand in April... Can you legally vape there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Hi -

We are going on our honeymoon to Thailand in April for 3 weeks. We are planning on taking 4 vaporizers. 200ml of eliquid and 6 batteries. We will be taking the vaporizers and batteries in our carry on and the eliquid in our check in baggage. We are taking the extra vaporizers just in case something happens to one or two of them. Also bringing two extra tanks. I also make my own eliquid so it wont have a real label on the bottle. Will this be a problem?

Is it legal to vape in Thailand? Will we have any issues while we are there?

Would it be better to split up my vaporizers and put 1 for each my wife and myself in our checked in baggage and 1 for each my wife and myself in our carry on?

Thanks!

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Wow -

Okay Thanks! I really dont want to go back to analogues as I have been vaping for 6 years but I guess we will have to.

Thanks for the heads up.

Oh Man!!, Here goes the planet into a crazy paranoia spin again!, I dont like fear mongering!
I know a number of peeps in Thailand, more that go back and forth regularly, including my Vape Shop (B&M) friends
in BKK. SO there's nothing to prevent you from owning your own mod, your own personal gear.
The only laws pertain to wholesale import for commercial resale.

You'll have the choices you're used to- buy local liquids in Thai shops; order online for overnight delivery;
carry personal use amounts that conform to travel rules and re-up as you run low.
No prob. in cities.
If you're headed to the hill country, then stock up before heading out.

C'mon peeps- act as if it's any other unknown country to you.
There's a number of English language Thai based vape groups like
Thailand Vapers

So if you dont believe me, ask for the same info/double downed.

NOW...Im not saying there isnt graft or bribery or shakedowns that go w/territory,
the same as you'll find in many countries,...NO, Thai Police dont have the most stellar reputations
if compared with say London, Germany, Switzerland...

if you look FOB/like a dupe, well guess what?
you'll get hit up for one notorious "on the spot fine"
LOL! :lol:

if you stand out that much, well maybe .....
OK I'll be quiet now.
be streetwise, or dont leave your 4-5star hotel alone.
:facepalm:
keep calm,
Vape on

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Hi -

We are going on our honeymoon to Thailand in April for 3 weeks. We are planning on taking 4 vaporizers. 200ml of eliquid and 6 batteries. We will be taking the vaporizers and batteries in our carry on and the eliquid in our check in baggage. We are taking the extra vaporizers just in case something happens to one or two of them. Also bringing two extra tanks. I also make my own eliquid so it wont have a real label on the bottle. Will this be a problem?

Is it legal to vape in Thailand? Will we have any issues while we are there?

Would it be better to split up my vaporizers and put 1 for each my wife and myself in our checked in baggage and 1 for each my wife and myself in our carry on?

Thanks!
You'll be OK, just follow the liquid rules, the battery rules, and only carry personal gear and mods.
try looking to Thai vapers for info.
check out the local shops if you want.
have fun.
congrats on the wedding! Woot, Hoot, Yippee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread