Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I started this thread to talk / comment about the idea of a GG "Box" style mod.
(Imeo, please delete this thread if it is not appropriate :) )

"Box" between quotation marks, because it hasn't to be precisely boxlike, but a mod to house an electronic chip, a battery, an integrated battery charger, etc. with its own style and quality of GG.

We all know that Imeo doesn't like box mods (or are not entirely to his liking), I was like him, I disliked the box style mods, but one day I decided to buy a couple (Vapor Shark, Vapor Flask, SX Mini M Class), just to try them, to see why was all the hype around these.

At first I felt weird, carrying and vaping that square pants box mod, but I get used to it and started to understand.

Contrary to what I thought, can be easy and comfortable to carry (of course, depends of the size, form, weight, etc. let's think we are talking of the "small" size ones: Vapor Sharks, iSticks,eVic VTC Mini, Stratum, etc.).

You can recharge the battery anywhere, as most of them have an integrated charger, via USB port.

You do not need to carry extra batteries and as they have a battery meter, you know when its time to recharge.

You can adjust on the go the power to your liking, during the day. With the new Springomizer system, you do not have to worry about the end resistance, just place a new sprgin-coil, wick it, and you are ready to go.

You can vape safe due the protection integrated in the electronics, as short circuit, reverse battery, overheating, etc.

etc. etc.

There are many things that must be considered, many of them related to the style of vaping of each one:

How much power should it supply?

That depends of the style of vaper you want to target. Many modern vapers require a lot of power to heat those very low resistance coils, due the amount of metal that has to be heated. On the other side, the vapers like me, from the old school, to which we do not like extreme setups, a single or parallel coil and a device capable to supply 40 watts (to say a number) is more than enough to satisfy our vaping style.

What electronic circuit board to use?

Of course, VIR will be awesome, but maybe it is time to also consider to adopt one of the many circuit boards available in the market, all depends of what we want to achieve, the advantages, features and disadvantages of each chip.

Let's say Imeo decides to use a Yhi SX350 chip (no TC), we all know Imeo likes to innovate, so where will be the innovation in this case?

In the design of the "box" itself, the GG style !, the form factor, the size, the materials used, the connector, the button, how it's all placed, the quality.

It is not easy for my to express in english all my points and thoughts about a GG box mod, but I'm sure you guys will get the idea, please help me to convince Imeo to consider the making of a GG "box" mod. :D

In your opinion,

How a GG box mod should be?

What considerations should be taken into account?

What features should it have?

Sinlge 18650 battery for a small and ergonomic form factor?

Made of stainless steel? aluminium? a combination of materials?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
nice thread Ariel! lol

The bad thing with existing electronics is that they simply dont work. VIR was invented 4 years ago and it works. What I mean?

1. Existing electronics are very big, something that I dislike a lot. It shows that manufacturers dont want to give a proper product to the customer but just any product to make some quick money
2. Temperature doesnt work. Existing electronics are out of control
3. They require a cold atomizer to work, something that shows that these electronics are not intelligent. They are simply VW electronics that stop or continuously working when resistance reach a specific point. (This point is usually wrong because environment temperature varies a lot)
4. They dont vape the same in all environments (cold-warm-hot)
5. They cant vape at high temperatures without a burn taste.

These electronics are useless Ariel :)

About box mod: I have an idea about a box mod. In fact I am designing one, full mechanical. Why mechanical for now? Because they are always reliable, they can vape in all environments without a single problem and of course at very high watts by simply making a small resistance. But it has to be different, beautiful and to have functions that are missing right now from all boxes.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
About box mod: I have an idea about a box mod. In fact I am designing one, full mechanical. Why mechanical for now? Because they are always reliable, they can vape in all environments without a single problem and of course at very high watts by simply making a small resistance. But it has to be different, beautiful and to have functions that are missing right now from all boxes.

Don't mind me...just pulling up a chair...i'll just be sitting here...listening...

Hannibal

Jul 27, 2011
Hawaii of Asian
1. Can you put the atomizer inside the "box" and cover it? So dust will not going to the mouth piece...

2. Make it light and not heavy, so you can put inside your pants/shorts without worry that it will drag your pants/shorts down... Hehehe...

*wish Imeo will consider to have supplier in Asia region... Feel like we (Asian) are the orphan from GG.. Even if we can afford but not able to purchase locally even in "region like Asia"... ( I thought Imeo mention before that he want to satisfy all the vapers, but how about the Asian region? )

Anyway, I believe that Imeo will come out a good design and possible shock those box mod... If so, I will have to ask friends to purchase it from US or Europe and forget the possible after sale service that I may need.. Hehehe..

Imeo, Wish you all the best and wish the day will come true.

Hannibal

Jul 27, 2011
Hawaii of Asian
Imeo, I'm very glad to heard it from you about the news. Wish this day will come soon..

I'm really tired to look for a tank with air and juice control (so there is no leaking problem). Some of us have no choice but to buy others (like China, kayfun etc...) but I don't think the money is worthy for it..

I still believe that till now, no body can came out a better tank atomizer than yours.. It's seems some may copy your idea and still can't come out a good tank.. Hay.. (Sorry about the ranting because I'm somehow frustrated, wish you'll understand)

Wish all your projects will be available soon in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread