Good alternatives for Mrs T's Bakery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
So heres my initial impressions pre-steeped of sweet vapes: Gripper vv, set at 3.8 with a Igo-L with a 1.7 ohm micro coil, 30 gauge kanthal and peaches and cream yarn as the wick.

All of the juices are less rich than those from Mrs T's, BTW i ordered 70pg 30 vg juices, dunno if Mrs t's were different.

Bananas foster - no coffee in this juice makes it very different than the Mrs t juice. Added 3 drops of this and two drops of kona and cream, not the same still, but also tastes fairly decent, still something is missing... Does Mrs t add cinnamon to hers?

Snickerdoodle cookie - not bad! lighter in flavor (all of the flavors are less rich than Mrs T's) but has a decent flavor, cinnamon is there and the cookie flavor as well. we'll see how it is after a week of steeping. I could actually vape this right now with no steeping! :)

Kona cream - added to bananas foster, pretty good, see above. Not bad by itself, needs steeping though, has a sharp bite in the flavor that should mellow a bit as it steeps.

Starbucks mocha - really weak in flavor, I can taste the coffee, but not the mocha probably my least favorite out of the 5 so far. Doesnt taste bad but has a blah taste.

Monkey bread- bit of a chemical taste. Not liking it so far.

Ill update after a week of steeping.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Njt~ I know it gets super pricey sorting through vendors trying to find good ones, but you really need to try nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand. I agree with the poster on the first page who said they haven't heard anyone say they didn't like it..I haven't either. Everyone I know who has tried it is either in love or at least thinks it's decent. The vast majority are in love :)

Another low cost way to try some good and flavorful juice is to go to goodlifevapors.com and get their 10 mL sample pack. 20 bucks gives you four ten mLs to try and Deadly Sin is for sure a richly flavored juice. Don't let it supposedly being tobacco scare you off, it's about as tobacco-ey as BB or GL, and probably even less so. It tastes like the gooey buttery brown sugar soaked bottom of a sweet roll. Rich is a word I definitely use to describe it. Use the coupon code VAPETV and get 10% off too.

Hope you find your new ADV! That must be really frustrating to lose your favorite. After the things I've read about Mrs. T's I don't think I'll be ordering from them any time soon either. Clark if you ever quit making CLS I will hunt you down!

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I think i made a decision to try first. Gonna order a sampler pack from sweet vapes.

Bananas foster
Snickerdoodle cookie
Kona cream
Starbucks mocha
Monkey bread

Good choice. Sweet Vapes used to be my go to vendor. Their Starbuckets Latte was my ADV for over a year or more. I got an email this morning for a Sweet Vapes sale. 15% off juice with BOO as the coupon code. :)

I don't see how Ms. T's really stays in business. I know quite a few people like her product but there comes a time when poor business practices eclipse the quality of the end product. Her website currently states "4-8 business days" for processing juice orders yet people are routinely waiting over a month to receive their notice that their product is being made or shipped.

She is known for disappearing for weeks at a time and just stopping product fulfillment without warning. Plus at $20.75 for a 30ml bottle (that you'll receive who knows when) there are a lot of other better and less expensive vendors out there. Not to mention other vendors will actually respond to your customer service questions instead of just stating "I will not be answering any emails asking where there orders are" like Ms. T's does on her website. She even went as far earlier this year as to ban people from her website who were frequenting the DIY juice forums. Poor product fulfillment, lack of response to customer service and inability to keep staff on her payroll all speak louder than then end product. Caveat emptor.

For my money I'll stick with places like Nicoticket where the juice is good at a reasonable price (I'll never be without my Custard's Last Stand) and customer service is stellar! Nicoticket is a company with the same number of employees as Ms. T's yet I know if I have a question about something I can have a reply from the owner himself in under 12 hours. Heck, he'll even chat with you sometimes while you're on the website looking at the products.

Another wonderful vendor I've found is Ahlusion. So far I've only found one flavor of theirs that I didn't like. The product is great, I can receive an order usually in under a week and have never had an issue with the customer service department. Even with Ahlusion's recent website redesign when I was having issues all I had to do was call their contact number and someone walked me through how to resolve the problem. Plus a couple weeks after you receive your order you will get an email from them regarding your product. This is not asking you to rate your product but what you liked and disliked about it. They will enter this information into their system so the next time you order your product will be customized to your flavor profile.

You may never find a juice to equal what you are used to but then again you may find something better.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
This has been a very informative thread and I really appreciate your starting it Njt07!! I'm in the exact same boat as you are and I am really interested in finding a replacement for my snicker doodle cookie. I have heard some good choices to try and I'm definitely going to try some Custards last stand and I have heard some great things about Ahlusion as well.

I have been waiting for my order from Ms T's as well. When I ordered my snicker doodle, I also ordered a bottle of her bananas foster coffee to try as well. I really kind of hope I don't like it after all this trouble we have had lately.

Thanks again for the thread and the great advice!!!!

BTW.... if you do find a replacement for your snicker doodle, please PM me and let me know where you found it!!!! I will do the same.

pandora99

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Charles Town, WV
I'm also hoping to find a replacement for snickerdoodle (sad face). I've been vaping it almost exclusively for a couple years. I have found that I like Zombie Apocolype (a strawberry cupcake kind of flavor) and Cupcake City from Alice in Vapeland though trying to get an order in before the portal closes is difficult for me at times. I'm still searching for a really good snickerdoodle so please please please let me know if you find one.

Last edited:

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
So i tried snickerdoodle (sweetvapes) again after a couple days of cap off steeping and shaking. I gotta admit, its pretty good, its still not quite where mrs t's is, the flavor seems to be a bit less rich if that makes any sense, but its good and i can easily see myself reordering it if i need to.

The bananas foster is not bananas fosters coffee, so i still am not much of a fan, yet. I might break down and order some coffee flavoring from TPA to see if it brings it close, but it also diesnt seem to have any cinnamon in it either. Did mrs t's banans foster have cinnamon?

Will continue to update, as of right now the snickerdoodle is looking good though.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
So i tried snickerdoodle (sweetvapes) again after a couple days of cap off steeping and shaking. I gotta admit, its pretty good, its still not quite where mrs t's is, the flavor seems to be a bit less rich if that makes any sense, but its good and i can easily see myself reordering it if i need to.

The bananas foster is not bananas fosters coffee, so i still am not much of a fan, yet. I might break down and order some coffee flavoring from TPA to see if it brings it close, but it also diesnt seem to have any cinnamon in it either. Did mrs t's banans foster have cinnamon?

Will continue to update, as of right now the snickerdoodle is looking good though.

Like what I'm hearing about the snickerdoodle you are trying. Is it maintaining it's original color or is it getting dark quickly??

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I second the recommendation for Blueberry Muffin from HHV. Darn good stuff.

I also second Altcig. Snickerdoodle, Churro, and Vanilla Love were all excellent flavors.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Mt. Baker Vapor yet. The flavors are good, and the prices are just phenomenal. Since you seem to like lots of flavor, just get added flavor shots, or just get their "stick" version, and if it is too weak for your tastes but you like the flavor, just grab some of their concentrated flavorings - Electronic Cigarette flavors, E cigarette flavors, and e flavoring.

holley2583

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Boston
Hi, another victim here waiting since Feb 27th now. I'm a gourmet vanilla ADV which is extremely light in flavor but very specific. It's not a French vanilla, more of a custard I guess. I've spent hundreds in search of the perfect vanilla before I found MTS. There are lots of new vendors out there now tho. I've seem lots of ideas for snickerdoodle and banana fosters coffee but not vanilla. No chemical taste, nice and thick like MST. Probably 80vg/20pg or close to it and still get a throathit on 18mg. I'm vaping some awful throw aways and have come close to smoking which is stressing me out even more. It is as if she took all the cigarettes away...haha.

So gourmet vanilla...please. And if u have some u don't want, pm me please!

Last edited:
Hi, another victim here waiting since Feb 27th now. I'm a gourmet vanilla ADV which is extremely light in flavor but very specific. It's not a French vanilla, more of a custard I guess. I've spent hundreds in search of the perfect vanilla before I found MTS. There are lots of new vendors out there now tho. I've seem lots of ideas for snickerdoodle and banana fosters coffee but not vanilla. No chemical taste, nice and thick like MST. Probably 80vg/20pg or close to it and still get a throathit on 18mg. I'm vaping some awful throw aways and have come close to smoking which is stressing me out even more. It is as if she took all the cigarettes away...haha.

Wait, are you saying you've been waiting for an order from Ms. T's since February 27th? If so, it's probably safe to say it's never coming. I could understand however still having a slim hope if it was an order placed on September 27th. But that is still an unacceptably long time to wait for a product when the website states 4-8 business days.

I don't do a ton of vanilla vapes but "Custard's Last Stand" from Nicoticket is one juice I wouldn't want to be without. It's a great vanilla custard at a reasonable price, fast production/shipping times and great customer service.

I've seen a lot of people rate "Grant's Vanilla Custard" very highly but it's probably easier to catch a unicorn than obtain a bottle of this.
www.grantsvanillacustard.com

Another vanilla custard juice I've seen people rave about is the "Vanilla Custard" from Gremlin Juice.
Vanilla Custard - Gremlin Juice

I've not personally tried the Grant's or Gremlin because I fell for the CLS.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I second the recommendation for Blueberry Muffin from HHV. Darn good stuff.

I also second Altcig. Snickerdoodle, Churro, and Vanilla Love were all excellent flavors.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Mt. Baker Vapor yet. The flavors are good, and the prices are just phenomenal. Since you seem to like lots of flavor, just get added flavor shots, or just get their "stick" version, and if it is too weak for your tastes but you like the flavor, just grab some of their concentrated flavorings - Electronic Cigarette flavors, E cigarette flavors, and e flavoring.

A co-worker had me try her Altcig Vanilla Love. I was skeptical at first and then pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX

Um, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but if you've been waiting since Feb, it ain't coming. ;)

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX

Agreed you may want to try Custards Last Stand from Nicoticket. I tried mine pre-steeped and it's good but needs to sit for another week or two. If you like high/all VG, try Velvet Cloud Vapors Vanilla Custard but only if you like your vanilla subtle. VCV is more custard than vanilla IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread