Good alternatives to Provari and Z-Atty Pro that don't cost $350

Status
Not open for further replies.

cghildreth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Central Texas
I've been looking to upgrade beyond my Ego Twists and Vision Spinners with Vivi Novas. Every post that I have read where people ask about what mod to upgrade to references the Provari. Every post about the Provari seems to reference the Z-Atty pro as a necessary addition to the Provari. As I don't have the money for this combo, I am interested in finding out workable alternatives for a high quality setup.

Assuming that I have between $100 and $150 burning a hole in my pocket and I want to get both a mod and a higher quality juice delivery system, what are my best options? Should I stick with what I have for a few months until I have saved enough for the Provari and Z-Atty? I would, of course, like something now as opposed to later...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My first mods were a Silver Bullet and BB from Altsmoke used with cartotanks. Each sell for $85 just for the mod.

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits | The Yeti, Joye eGo, eGo Dual Coil Cartomizer, Silver Bullet, BB, Omega, Alpha

These are 3.7v fixed voltage mechanical mods.

Figure roughly another $50 for a couple of AW batteries and a good charger. Adding a Kick and extension sleeve can allow variable wattage with the SB, but if you plan to go that route you'd do much better just saving for the Provari to begin with.

A nice reasonably priced pyrex glass carto tank can be gotten from IBTanked starting at $20. IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Many people seem to be stuck on the notion that spending more money for something is an "upgrade". You will have a hard time finding a better vape than what you are presently using. To upgrade from your VV you will have to go to VW and that does not necessarily mean spending more money. There are many reasonably priced VW models on the market right now and the prices are coming down drastically. Their only problem right now is keeping up with demand.

There are also many clones of RBA type attys available at places like GotVapes. It's NOT about the money. It's about the Vape!

Relax, Enjoy!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Might be worth a look at this device. Be sure to read the entire thread. If your itching to go, it might not be a bad starter device but you'll almost certainly end up with a Provari in the end if you find it appealing (and, you should :))

Thanks! I was looking for that link to show what innovative designs and features are coming out now for reasonable prices!

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1132&products_id=8190

I love the idea of being able to convert this from an 18650 to a Mini 18350 without buying extra attachments, and VW with Vavg or RMS is the future, regardless of how flat the wave looks on a meter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread