Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
26 and 28 gauge kanthal

How long have you been building coils? Have you done any alien coils or staggers fuse claptons? I would say if you are new to coil building to get some 26g and 32g SS and watch some YouTube videos on building alien or staggard fuse claptons and learn how to build those coils. Also get some 24g SS. I use this gauge the most for single strand coils. With SS, you will find you get a better (cleaner) taste than you do with A1 wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briann

Apr 14, 2017
thank yo
How long have you been building coils? Have you done any alien coils or staggers fuse claptons? I would say if you are new to coil building to get some 26g and 32g SS and watch some YouTube videos on building alien or staggard fuse claptons and learn how to build those coils. Also get some 24g SS. I use this gauge the most for single strand coils. With SS, you will find you get a better (cleaner) taste than you do with A1 wire.

thank you. I am pretty much brand new to building my buddy always had them built and he gave me them but now i want to try building on my own. is it a bad idea to use a single strand at around 115 watts?

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
thank yo

thank you. I am pretty much brand new to building my buddy always had them built and he gave me them but now i want to try building on my own. is it a bad idea to use a single strand at around 115 watts?

There is nothing wrong with doing a single strand at 115W. I use single strands up to 200W. I would start off a single strand at 80W and see how you like that. You may find you like the lower wattage better than higher wattage. My, I like a hot dense vape and vape anywhere between 150W-220W. I run alien or staggered fused claptons. Play around with it and some people will ask why are you wanting to vape at high wattage. Your are vaping for yourself and don't let people discourage you from vaping what your want. Some people like a cooler vape and don't understand why some of us vape at high wattage. Whatever keeps you off of the stinkies. That's the beauty in vaping because what you like may not be what other people like. Play around with coils, different gauges, different wattages and if you want, watch some videos on different coil builds (claptons, dusted claptons to start off with) and when you are ready to try more advanced builds go for it. Have fun!

briann

Apr 14, 2017
You are doing this all backwards. Try various builds at different wattages and find out what you like. Don't just lob a build in in the hope of cranking up the wattage for some reason. Why do you want "115 watts"?
i like warmer vapes and 85-115 is just where i find myself vaping if i go lower i always end up turning the watts back up.

Reactions: Wheelin247
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread