Good E-Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Almost all of my juice comes from Vapor4Life:: Because it's your life :: Electronic Cigarettes & Alternatives to Smoking, they ship very fast and the 5ml juices are only $3. I like it because I can try tons of flavors without having to commit to a giant bottle

edit: their juice is not Rath (usa)

I just got a batch of five flavors from V4L and I have to say I was not impressed....they all pretty much tasted the same....sort of perfumey with a vague aftertaste of the flavor they were supposed to be.....

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
makes me wish there were local shops that sold e-liquid. I would really prefer to be able to just test some out without having to invest too much in buying and shipping.

There are local shops that sell liquid around here. Unfortunately, all they sell is the Chinese crap. I can barely even taste any flavor in that stuff.

Nilius

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
CLE
nilius17.com
I just got a batch of five flavors from V4L and I have to say I was not impressed....they all pretty much tasted the same....sort of perfumey with a vague aftertaste of the flavor they were supposed to be.....

That's interesting. Do all of the standard Chinese flavors taste this way to you?

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
That's interesting. Do all of the standard Chinese flavors taste this way to you?

first of all, I didn't know V4L was selling Chinese juice....
second, I don't know if I have had other juice from China....

there were some prefilled carts that came with my 510, I suspect they tasted the same way but I was just coming off analogs so who would notice....

after that I vaped some stuff from vaping101 that someone gave me until my first juice order came in....that tasted a lot better even though it was odd flavors he didn't like such as licorice and sassafras......then I ordered some menthols from Halo to be my main vape......my next batch was some samplers from DIYFlavorshack.....those were great....decided to try cartomizers and there were some prefilled carts that came with my hardware (from CigEasy) and they were fine (let me clarify that....one pack was mint....nice strong flavor, tapered off after the equivalent of about three cigarettes, could still taste the mint for the rest of the day but definitely a rapid drop off...the second pack was cherry, but instead of a cherry flavor it was more the taste of a cherry flavored tobacco - not what I was looking for in flavors).....refilled them with the juice I had on hand and everything was fine....

V4L has great prices on small bottles and I am still looking for favorites so I ordered a bunch.....didn't like it.....is that because it's Chinese?

thinking of trying something from Tasty, but am reluctant after V4L to buy 30ml of something that might also taste like perfume......

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
No. Some have PG, some VG and some have a mixture as the base.

Most suppliers carry PG or the blend.

Base + nicotine (optional) + flavoring = e-liquid (or whatever you want to call it.)

DeKang is the largest supplier of e-liquid in the world. Their juices are PG or a blend although I have seen reference to a VG line from them at Health Cabin.

Rath is a small company that makes a VG-only line which a couple of sites carry. ECOpure is a larger company (in the UK) that does that. Rath Juice will not taste like ECOpure will not taste like Alien Visions as they each have their own recipes.

Here's the current list of places that have VG-only. If a site doesn't say what their base is, assume PG -- it's, by far, the most common.

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
now I am getting more confused....will all PG based juice have the same underlying taste as the Dekang juice?.....have all the other juices I have tried been VG juices?......

no, one of the sites you listed was selling Dekang VG juice.....arghh!....do I have to taste everything out there to decide what I DON'T like?......

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
PG & VG have taste, but not much. I gather the nicotine does too. But it's the flavoring added that makes the difference.

Think of it like soda. All carbonated water tastes pretty much alike. That's the base. Then you add flavoring. Both Coke and Pepsi add cola flavoring and, while they both taste like cola, they don't taste the same. By the same token, blueberry liquid at Juicy Liquid and at Juicy Vapor should both taste like blueberries but they'll still taste different.

A lot of places sell small sample bottles so you don't have to make a big commitment. (Tasty Vapor, which I'm falling in love with, doesn't.) If a website is in the vendor section at the bottom of the forum, check out what people say there. There's a section of the forum for e-liquid reviews. Check them out. But everyone's taste buds are different. I've seen posts where someone says "Flavor X tastes like old socks" and someone else says "But that's my favorite juice." You're going to have to try a few to find your favorites.

bobbysox10

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Chicago
I have yet to find a vendor that I am in love with. I have tried French Vanilla from Johnson CreekLOVE LOVE LOVE the flavor and Throat Hit HATE HATE HATE the Vapor and Freedom and Bella Vanilla from Halo and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the vapor HATE HATE HATE the flavor and throat hit. The flavor from Halo is ok to me not disgusting but I am not in love with it like I was with my Winstons and American Spirits.

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Think of it like soda. All carbonated water tastes pretty much alike. That's the base. Then you add flavoring. Both Coke and Pepsi add cola flavoring and, while they both taste like cola, they don't taste the same. By the same token, blueberry liquid at Juicy Liquid and at Juicy Vapor should both taste like blueberries but they'll still taste different.

you see, that's my point.....if I order five different flavors from V4L and all five taste pretty much the same to me, then my assumption is that what I am tasting is the base....there are some flavors added to try to mask the taste, but the underlying flavor is still coming through....now, if that same base is sold by another vendor with their flavor added, I still won't like it because I don't like the base......someone has said that V4L's base is Dekang.....I'm going to assume that person knows what he is talking about unless someone else tells me that isn't true.....I know I have had Dekang juice at least one other place and that is the starter carts that came with my 510....if I get Dekang from a third place and have the same reaction to it, then I know not to order from anyone else that sells Dekang.....logical?

but, how do we know who sells Dekang?

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas

well to answer that question all it really comes down to is the bottles
If the bottle lids are blue green or yellow and have the letters YNDK on them then the liquid is dekang. there is also kanger a company that is basically generic dekang I dont really remember exactly what their bottles look like. the ones I have are white bottles that have the names of the liquid in small black letters and I know they mispell grape as grap.

However there is nothing wrong with dekang (in my book) I actually sometimes prefer dekang over american juice. a benefit of dekang is that if you know which places sell dekang you have a huge advantage in being able to find the lowest price for it just by looking at prices.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Some American sellers re-bottle Dekang - I once bought a bottle of 555 that tasted like motor oil and I just found out today that it was Dekang liquid and it had a white cap. Honestly - other than the motor oil taste it wasn't that bad but it still tasted like motor oil!

Also, don't discount the nicotine's effects on taste - I've been a low to med (18mg) vaper most of my vaping experience and only recently I have been hitting 26 mg. The taste and the throat hit are much more noticeable or it could be that the 26 mg throat hit overwhelms the flavor - all I know is that I'm enjoying vaping much more now. In comparison, I recently did my own DIY 0 nic vanilla e-liquid that had a strong taste but it simply wasn't satisfying and I actually stopped vaping for a while because of it.

well to answer that question all it really comes down to is the bottles
If the bottle lids are blue green or yellow and have the letters YNDK on them then the liquid is dekang. there is also kanger a company that is basically generic dekang I dont really remember exactly what their bottles look like. the ones I have are white bottles that have the names of the liquid in small black letters and I know they mispell grape as grap.

However there is nothing wrong with dekang (in my book) I actually sometimes prefer dekang over american juice. a benefit of dekang is that if you know which places sell dekang you have a huge advantage in being able to find the lowest price for it just by looking at prices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread