Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Wow my Samsungs can take a 4A charging rate and be done in an hour?? GET ON THIS xtar hehe..

EDIT: Wait.. Maybe Im reading this wrong but I gotta call BS on the 'Standard Rated Discharge Capacity' specs.. Says a discharge of 10 amps should give greater than or equal to 2450mAh.. Whats the criteria for this?? The last 2 days with my new atty, a Samurai Bonsai clone, Ive been running a single .5 ohm coil in it at 15w which, according to Steam Engine's calculations, is hitting a ~6A draw.. Yesterday I sucked down a freshly charged LG HE4 in a matter of like 6-8 hours (not sure of the exact time it went in and out). Put a freshly charged 25R in this afternoon at some point (maybe around 1pm or so) and right now at 12:40am my sigelei's battery meter has no more lines on it and hasnt for a bit now, which means any minute Im gonna have to grab 25R #2.. Doesnt 2400mAh equate to about 24 hours of 'typical' usage? Like I said maybe Im reading it wrong but, maybe Im not.. Just trying to understand the science and all..

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Wow my Samsungs can take a 4A charging rate and be done in an hour?? GET ON THIS XTAR hehe..

EDIT: Wait.. Maybe Im reading this wrong but I gotta call BS on the 'Standard Rated Discharge Capacity' specs.. Says a discharge of 10 amps should give greater than or equal to 2450mAh.. Whats the criteria for this?? The last 2 days with my new atty, a Samurai Bonsai clone, Ive been running a single .5 ohm coil in it at 15w which, according to Steam Engine's calculations, is hitting a ~6A draw.. Yesterday I sucked down a freshly charged LG HE4 in a matter of like 6-8 hours (not sure of the exact time it went in and out). Put a freshly charged 25R in this afternoon at some point (maybe around 1pm or so) and right now at 12:40am my Sigelei's battery meter has no more lines on it and hasnt for a bit now, which means any minute Im gonna have to grab 25R #2.. Doesnt 2400mAh equate to about 24 hours of 'typical' usage? Like I said maybe Im reading it wrong but, maybe Im not.. Just trying to understand the science and all..

Ideally a 2400 ma battery would supply 2.4 amps for one hour of constant drain.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Ideally a 2400 ma battery would supply 2.4 amps for one hour of constant drain.

Ahh gotcha! The constant discharge spec always throws me off cause for the most part were all using short like 5 second pulses, makes it hard to calculate. Thank god for Steam Engines calculators heh. This stupid subohm coil in my atty just about doubled the amperage draw, I used to read about people having to swap batteries a couple times a day and just thought 'WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT THING', guess now I know!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Wow my Samsungs can take a 4A charging rate and be done in an hour?? GET ON THIS XTAR hehe..

EDIT: Wait.. Maybe Im reading this wrong but I gotta call BS on the 'Standard Rated Discharge Capacity' specs.. Says a discharge of 10 amps should give greater than or equal to 2450mAh.. Whats the criteria for this?? The last 2 days with my new atty, a Samurai Bonsai clone, Ive been running a single .5 ohm coil in it at 15w which, according to Steam Engine's calculations, is hitting a ~6A draw.. Yesterday I sucked down a freshly charged LG HE4 in a matter of like 6-8 hours (not sure of the exact time it went in and out). Put a freshly charged 25R in this afternoon at some point (maybe around 1pm or so) and right now at 12:40am my Sigelei's battery meter has no more lines on it and hasnt for a bit now, which means any minute Im gonna have to grab 25R #2.. Doesnt 2400mAh equate to about 24 hours of 'typical' usage? Like I said maybe Im reading it wrong but, maybe Im not.. Just trying to understand the science and all..
In a regulated mod you have to account for chip inefficiency, and step up/ down conversion, this will significantly change perceived battery life. As the battery dies the chip actually has to pull more current to maintain the 15 watt reading at the 510

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread