Good life vapor. Oh. My. God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skakid812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Texas
Hello everybody, I'm pretty new here. If you look at my post history, you will see I have had MUCH frustration lately. I have boughten some juice that is very hyped up, only to be let down. I tried halo, I tried johnson creek... and NOTHING was doing it for me! I couldnt taste flavors, and what I could taste wasnt mesmorzing like all the reviews made them out to be. I started getting so frustrated that I figured it was the equipment. I have a bunch of brand new EVODS and I thought to myself "there is NO way its the juice! it HAS to be the EVODS!" Well, I bought even more juice trying to kick the problem, I recently placed an order from good life vapor for some baja breeze and deadly sin, both 12mg. I cleaned out my EVODS and filled them up, I didnt let the juices steep, I didnt do any magic boiling ritual, or pray to the juice gods. I just filled them up, and gave them about a minute to soak. OH MY GOD... thoughts as followed:

Deadly sin: Smelled GREAT from the bottle, no other juice I have ever bought has had a strong smell to it, and nothing as appealing as this "smell". I took a few drags to get a feel for it, and I was blown away. I was getting sick of reading juice reviews saying things like "Oh yeah I can definitely taste the cookies, and the sprinkles followed by 3 squirts of chocolate on my top pallate and topped off with whipped cream on a hot summer day" I thought to myself "nobody can taste all that crap! what is this bologni!" boy was I wrong. To me, I taste graham crackers on the exhale followed by god knows what. I cant explain it, but its EPIC.

Baja breeze: I will follow up on this one later on, but initall thoughts are that its very tasty. Has a very nice lemon zing to it, and decent vapor.

They also threw in two free samples of melon boba and plane jane... just wow these smell GREAT I will be doing a review on these soon.

Now heres where it gets even better!

I have read funny stories about people putting requets in the comment section before making an order, so I said what the hell and decided to put some stuff there. I dont even know what I was thinking at the time but they delivered!
IMG_2999.jpg

Most companies dont realize it, but little things like this make a huge difference. Good life vapor has a repeat customer for as long as I vape, guarantee. As long as they dont start adding battery acid to their juice they have my business.

Attachments

• IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,732

skakid812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Texas
VapeMonster, nice.

I'd looked them over, but their flavors were heavy on mint, menthol, and absinthe, none of which appeal to me.
But from your review, I think I'll have to give Deadly Sin a try.
And probably will get me some red-headed ...., cause, well, I like redheads.

Well, the only one I got that had any mint/menthol to it was bobas... and even that was very very little. I was a menthol smoker so I am always looking for a good one. I have tried halo cool mist, and sub zero. And all of johnson creeks minty/menthols... in comparison these were actually very tasty, not like some of the menthols that I have had that just punch me in the face.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
I'm vaping on some Deadly Sin right now, actually. Its not bad..i've let it steep for a few weeks and its not as sweet as it once was. It was an overbearingly sweet rice krispy treat when I first received it. Now, its pretty good. I'm in love with the Melon Boba though.

I honestly have no idea what I taste in Deadly Sin now. Its a bit sweet but its not sweet at all..if that makes sense lol. I can tell its some kind of bakery vape but its not sweet like other baker vapes.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Lol! The vapemonster request and the fact that Jeremy actually drew one for you has to be the most weirdly awesome bit of customer service I've seen since I started vaping.

Good Life makes some good stuff, nice pricing to. At some point you should consider trying their Magic Fairy. I hate black licorice but still found myself addicted to that stuff for several months. El Kamino is becoming a hit with tobacco vapers, deep rich tobacco with some graham and cocoa notes. Glad to hear you stuck through the frustrations and have found some flavors you enjoy. :)

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Okay, follow up to my above post - Deady Sin is quickly becoming highly enjoyable to me. My god its good.
Baja Breeze is kinda..meh. I thought I'd like it a lot more since I really like the drink.
Melon Boba is still one of my favorite juices to date.

GLV makes me want to branch out and try different things I haven't thought of trying. I've never bothered with "green fairy" juices.

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
I am in love with Black Fairy. In. Love.
Tahitian Pearl, which I figured would be my fave, still needs to mature I think. But decent.
El Kamino is probably great, but I'm not a tobacco person, and I think I'm comparing everything to the Black Fairy now. Lol.
Red headed .... is pretty freakin good.
Keep in mind none of these have steeped more than about 5 days and I have a cold lol

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

skakid812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Texas
I am in love with Black Fairy. In. Love.
Tahitian Pearl, which I figured would be my fave, still needs to mature I think. But decent.
El Kamino is probably great, but I'm not a tobacco person, and I think I'm comparing everything to the Black Fairy now. Lol.
Red headed .... is pretty freakin good.
Keep in mind none of these have steeped more than about 5 days and I have a cold lol

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

ehh, I think steeping is just a placebo for some people to be honest. I shook the bottle, loaded it up, and hit it right away. Steeping seems to be a way for people to pray that the juice that taste like crap is magically going to get better : o but yes, GLV is my go to juice now!

Seef

Jun 26, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
I also had a real good experience with GLV... Ordered el kamino, english bulldog and black fairy. I heard of people not liking black fairy so I let it steep for a while without even trying.

El Kamino is very good but it doesn't have that throat hit I want in an ADV and the taste can be a little picky sometimes. Vaping this right now and comparing it to H1N1 from Nicoticket... not gonna write what I think because it isn't the time for that... but I am liking it right now but the only way to get a good throat hit is to vape it hard and than the flavor is compromised. Definitely a quality juice though and someone who tries it will not be disappointed!

Black fairy is always very consistent and when I do go to vape it I know what I'm going to taste. I'll give this juice a 10/10 because it's exactly what it's supposed to be and does it without fail or hesitation.

English Bulldog is a quality vape too. Can't really describe the flavor except smooth? If I had to put a color to the taste I'd say white :) but no bakery tones at all. I can vape through a tank of this no problem. EDIT: Just took a puff of El Kamino and English Bulldog is El Kamino minus the graham cracker and bananaish taste.

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
I'm changing my review of Black Fairy. I absolutely HATE it. It might have possibly ruined every vape I will vape again. I want nothing more in life now than a huge bottle of Black Fairy. You can take my car, my house, everything. Just give me more Black Fairy.... :unsure: Please??? NOW D***IT!!!! And of course the household is in the middle of a job transition and I have no bucks to order more. This sucks donkey ****.

DudeAbides

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2013
Central California
ehh, I think steeping is just a placebo for some people to be honest. I shook the bottle, loaded it up, and hit it right away. Steeping seems to be a way for people to pray that the juice that taste like crap is magically going to get better : o but yes, GLV is my go to juice now!

I thought that too until I bought a few different juices. Well, a lot actually. Some flavors are stronger when fresh, or should I say too strong when fresh, juices that contain pinapple, or apple, I have found need a little relaxation time to mellow. I had bottle of Backwoods Brews 555 Exotic that tasted like straight up lemon pledge out of the mail. 2 weeks later that strong overpowering lemon and what I think is cardamon relaxed and began to play nice with the other components. My favorite juice right now is Pirates Brew by S&S Mods. Out of the mail it was OK. Had a strong alcoholish flavor. 5 days with cap off, alcohol evaporated and I had a juice that I can't put down. But that's just my opinion of course. But of course there are the duds that I have bought and sat on a shelf waiting for "magic." That magic of course is found doing a juice swap for other flavors you want to try!

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Time (steeping) certainly does help juices, no doubt about it. Most juices only need less than a week, however.

That said, GLV is one of my favorite vendors! Deadly Sin and Melon Boba are my favorites. El Kamino is really really growing on me and it looks like I have to keep it in my rotation. Initially, El Kamino tasted like a dirty filthy banana covered in mud. A few weeks after steeping, I'm actually enjoying it and don't even notice any banana at all!

That said, I'm worried about El Kamino gunking up coils too fast. Anybody have any input on that? Is it bad for coils?

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Personally, I think there are two important aspects to the "steeping" process. One has to do with changes in the juice itself and the other has to do with our tastebuds. The more we use a juice, the more our taste buds and brain adjusts, making it seem as though a flavor changes.

I never found my GLV juices to change all that much with steeping, although I did vape so much Magic Fairy that I can no longer taste it. :( I also have never had any problem with their juices gunking up coils, including El Kamino. I didn't vape enough El Kamino for a full comparison, but I'd say it was much cleaner burning than quite a few other juices I have.

skakid812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Texas
Personally, I think there are two important aspects to the "steeping" process. One has to do with changes in the juice itself and the other has to do with our tastebuds. The more we use a juice, the more our taste buds and brain adjusts, making it seem as though a flavor changes.

I never found my GLV juices to change all that much with steeping, although I did vape so much Magic Fairy that I can no longer taste it. :( I also have never had any problem with their juices gunking up coils, including El Kamino. I didn't vape enough El Kamino for a full comparison, but I'd say it was much cleaner burning than quite a few other juices I have.

If our taste buds are adjusting to the juice, how do we prove that steeping does anything at all then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread