Good Morning and Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootwhacker

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2011
East Wenatchee, WA
Not so gorgeous here! We got our first snow yesterday afternoon and although snow is pretty, the roads are really slick this morning! Not going outside if I don't have to, it's below freezing out there!

Which makes me think of a question...should I worry about my VV juice sitting in a cold mailbox? Will freezing temperatures have any ill effects on it?

Larkfour

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
Mpls, Minnesota
Good morning, 21F. here in MN. Last night I tried to make kittypies fluffy dream magic mix. Notice the word tried!
This was my first attempt at mixing up a bit of flavors ... In went a bit of butter cream, then a dash of vanilla mint, no mint tingle so I was going to splash in some cream caramel. I twirled and swirled my little bottle and delightedly filled a carto.
Time to vape my little magic mix .... A big draw .... What the hairballs in a snowstorm did I make?
Lol - butter cream, vanilla mint with Kir royal. Maybe if I had not been vaping Kir royal at the time I would have noticed.
Definitely not an unvapeable mix for me but I'm sure kittypie's mix is a whole lot better.

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Good morning, 21F. here in MN. Last night I tried to make kittypies fluffy dream magic mix. Notice the word tried!
This was my first attempt at mixing up a bit of flavors ... In went a bit of butter cream, then a dash of vanilla mint, no mint tingle so I was going to splash in some cream caramel. I twirled and swirled my little bottle and delightedly filled a carto.
Time to vape my little magic mix .... A big draw .... What the hairballs in a snowstorm did I make?
Lol - butter cream, vanilla mint with Kir royal. Maybe if I had not been vaping Kir royal at the time I would have noticed.
Definitely not an unvapeable mix for me but I'm sure kittypie's mix is a whole lot better.

Yeah, my accident of Mint Tingle w/Bella Amaretto was NOT a happy accident! :(

Good morning, friends!

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Not so gorgeous here! We got our first snow yesterday afternoon and although snow is pretty, the roads are really slick this morning! Not going outside if I don't have to, it's below freezing out there!

Which makes me think of a question...should I worry about my VV juice sitting in a cold mailbox? Will freezing temperatures have any ill effects on it?

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should have ill effects from a cold mailbox. Lots of people store their juices in the fridge and report no problems with quality compromise...now a HOT mailbox, I would be a little more anxious, I think.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should have ill effects from a cold mailbox. Lots of people store their juices in the fridge and report no problems with quality compromise...now a HOT mailbox, I would be a little more anxious, I think.

I live in Mesa, AZ, and that's been a big concern for me. Esp since I don't necessarily check the mail every single day. ;) Anyone know what sort of effect prolonged 120+ degree mailbox heat (guessing, but its often over 113, so figure 120 in the mailbox is conservative) might have? BTW, envying you guys with snowfall! Its still 80 here. Bleh. But when i lived in the snow I complained about it...guess its a grass is always greener, thing.

Joanr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
Colorado Springs
Well we are told to store the bottles in a cool, dark area for a good reason. But a day in a hot mailbox probably won't hurt the juice at those temps. Lots of folks put their bottles in a very hot container of water for 15 minutes to "meld" the flavors and improve the steeping time but Annette suggests not to do that with Organics since they loose flavor under prolonged exposure to heat. That is why some of the flavors taste burnt when using HV PVs over 5V. Some, not all. I wouldn't leave them in the box for too long though.

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
rut row, raggie! Any of the diehard fans anywhere near virgina? I can't think of any offhand, but then I don't notice locations all that much.

I wish there was! But I don't think I've noticed anyone on the VV sub-forum that is even close to me. Oh well live and learn and make sure you order plenty so this doesn't happen to you! :)

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
You do want to be careful about prolonged exposure to high heat with the organic e-liquids as, similar to high voltage vaping, heat can tend to kill the flavor. Brief exposure to heat isn't a big problem, but you want to avoid baking it in the sun. Cold, on the other hand, shouldn't really hurt your e-liquid. Cold helps preserve nicotine and also flavors, so I wouldn't worry too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread