Good tank to vape 70VG/30PG with my eLeaf iStick.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hi all,

I am really new to this and as usual, when I get I to something "new", I kinda go overboard.:?: The folks on this board are amazing though, and I can't imagine how much money i have already saved with just a few days of reading your posts and absorbing some of the info here. Thank you!

In any case, I have a 40W iStick and 2 Aspire Nautilis tanks (1 is a Mini). I have heard that the Aspire coils don't play nice with 70+%VG and without knowing this fact, I went out and ordered 180ML of various 70VG juices.:(

If this is indeed true and 70VG will blow the Aspire coils in a day or two, what is a good tank that doesn't leak and is of similar quality to the Nautilis that will be a good fit with 70VG on my iStick?

I do love my Nautilis tanks and will likely be using them for my juices with more PG, but any advice would be appreciated.

Note: If I am completely nuts or a total dumb dumb, feel free to call me out on that too! :D

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Hello and welcome to the forums @BreSha6869 No need to worry about feeling completely nuts or a total dumb dumb here. ;) I own a Subtank mini and have no issues running 70 vg juice through it. As a matter of fact, that is all this tank has seen as I DIY my own juice. Just a suggestion as many other will post there likings. Leaking issues can be caused by several things like over tightening, laying on its side, loose coils and so on. Main thing would be keeping your tanks upright when not in use. Ever since I went with lower ohm/higher vg setups, one tends to need a sub-ohm tank. Not necessarily a sub-ohm coil as they also come with 1.2 ohm coils that can run the thicker juices. As far as blowing out the coils, that would have to do with the juices that are ran through them. The sweeter and darker the juice, the more easily the coil will gunk up and need to be replaced. The Subtank offers a RBA section on it as one could build their own and wick the coil them selves. Would save you some more money as well. :)There are also videos on you tube that show how to rebuild a stock coil if you would like. Hope this helps. Happy Vaping!!!:vapor:

Reactions: BreSha6869

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi all,

I am really new to this and as usual, when I get I to something "new", I kinda go overboard.:?: The folks on this board are amazing though, and I can't imagine how much money i have already saved with just a few days of reading your posts and absorbing some of the info here. Thank you!

In any case, I have a 40W iStick and 2 Aspire Nautilis tanks (1 is a Mini). I have heard that the Aspire coils don't play nice with 70+%VG and without knowing this fact, I went out and ordered 180ML of various 70VG juices.:(

If this is indeed true and 70VG will blow the Aspire coils in a day or two, what is a good tank that doesn't leak and is of similar quality to the Nautilis that will be a good fit with 70VG on my iStick?

I do love my Nautilis tanks and will likely be using them for my juices with more PG, but any advice would be appreciated.

Note: If I am completely nuts or a total dumb dumb, feel free to call me out on that too! :D

Hey there, welcome. You have plenty of options, since most newer tanks and coils are catered more to high VG juices. In fact, to start, you might just want to see how it works in the Nautilus mini first. I haven't really heard too much about high VG juices doing poorly; in fact just the opposite. So I'd check it out first before abandoning ship. With that said, it can never hurt to have another tank :)

I've actually found that the Aspire Triton Coils are really good for 70VG juice specifically. They're bigger coils than the Nautilus ones, so it seems to allow for thicker juices. But I don't recommend the Triton tank itself at all. But it sounds like the Triton 2 is fine except for a lot of complaints about the top fill getting stuck. But if you're willing to deal with the risk of that, it's probably a fine option.

Can you tell me a little more: What wattage do you usually vape at? What are a couple of these high VG juices that you're expecting? (I just want to get an idea) And I'm guessing you like the 1.8 Nautilus BVC coil, but just want to make sure that's what you're using.

Cvantuss

Nov 14, 2015
The Nautilus mini was my second tank, and I can tell you from experience the coils don't play nice with higher VG juice. I could still use it, but I had to drop down to 8ish watts or else I would get burnt hits (I assume from the thicker juice not wicking up through those tiny holes, or the wick material itself). I moved on to a subtank nano. Took me a while to get used to taking lung hits, because if try to MTL it you get burnt lips. Now I love the subtank. If I had to do it again I would have gotten the mini for the rba, but that is what my new TFv4 is for ;)

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
When first using my Kanger Sub Mini, everyone suggested higher resistance coils like 1.2 or 1.5 ohms. I would get burnt coils and juice when trying to get the flavor and vapor I wanted by adding a little power. This was a hot, nasty, gurgling vape anywhere over 15w.

I then tried the 0.5 coil and found it was slower to heat up if the power was added in moderation. Think of a powerful V8 cruising along in overdrive at 80 mph without breaking a sweat. Not the most efficient on juice or power, but got me past the MTL and coughing issues. I now enjoy the kanger subtank with 0.5 coil at 28w with high VG, as a daily driver for car or work, using the eleaf istick 40 TCW.

On more power hungry tanks like the Crown, I find the 0.25 coils more comfortable than the 0.50 at the same 69-72 watts, and easier to enjoy 70 or 80 vg with the same 3 nic. I use the IPV 3 Li for Crown or Herakles.

Same experience as above with dark sweet juices, and other flavors like anise or licorice are brutal for leaving ghost tastes. I found things like vanilla, cinammon, or custard work fine in real world and dont gunk up the coils as quickly with any VG.

No luck at all here with house juices. They taste great in the store. But add 60w and nic then it all goes south for flavor. Maybe I need a dripper to get better idea. Premium juices are expensive, and unfortnately, taste much better in actual use, not sample testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread