Goodbye Ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.
This is not what most expect on ecig and probably will not go well,but it is what it is.
I started vaping 9 months ago,got into it heavy duty,at least the way I see heavy duty,I am old enough to know better but still could not resist.I wish I could have,it turned out,vaping is not all it's cracked up to be,at first it was a way to quit smoking,very quickly it turned into ,I need this and I need that,it went from a healthy choice to a hobby,to an addiction.
Advice was given in all aspects,reduce your nicotine,inhale ,don't inhale,more flavor ,less flavor,more PG,less VG,DIY,more volts,less watts.Flavor at vendors at ridiculous prices still most taste like paint thinner,Vape flavorless,whats the point,you can do the same with a cigarette,inhale don't inhale.
In the short time I have been vaping,I have a desk drawer full of coils ,wire,tanks, and cotton looking for the pot of gold under the rainbow,that is not going to happen,All is good though,you never know until you experience
the ride,This is where I get off.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
viking,

There are PIF swaps here as well as the classifieds where you could have swapped and traded stuff. :)

However, that said.....vaping is fiddly and not as easy as smoking......and I am not at all offended when somebody stops, unless they have gone back to smoking and not found some other kind of NRT to stay off the cigarettes. :)

I myself never planned to vape forever, am down to 3mg and 0mg nic and will probably stop using nic altogether soon, then quit vaping only becuase I am quite sure now that I will not return to cigs. That took 3 years. :) Yeah, doing it slowly.

You did not say if you were gonna smoke again. If there is anything I can help ya with LMK.

You can certainly smoke w/out inhaling, but keep in mind there are still LOTS of chemicals in cigs and that is still going into your mouth.

there is a really good SNUS area on the forum, something I also once considered.......please please please do not go back to smoking!

I am vaping on beginners kits now, after 3 years, so yeah, I did the journey, too. But decided to just be a frugal vaper, not buy a lot of stuff anymore, and I am surprised at how happy I am now. :) Sometimes, when you STOP looking for the pot of gold at end of rainbow you find out that you can be very CONTENT because that pot of gold is inside of you.

This is why the "affluenza" that affects our nation is so on going...people keep buying things and yet they are not achieving fulfillment. You won't be the first. Look within.

I will suggest tweaking your mind a bit, read Alan Carr's The Easy Way to Quit Smoking. It is not like the other books......it is wonderful and not filled with "scare tactics".......it has been a best seller for decades now. It will help you

I have no idea why people think changing their behavior is ONLY about buying things...it is not. You can have the latest greatest and still not be satisfied....sometimes it is in your psycohology and we all need the whole BODY/MIND component to be successful in our endeavors. :)

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Did you run amok? A lot of us "oldtimers" worked our way up though the ranks.

Nowadays, folks start out past their expected results based on what is current and popular.
    Most of us started on low end gear, at a nic level equal to what we smoked, then migrated.
    Don't go back to smoking.

Maybe you need to find your appropriate nic, ohm and watt/volt level.

As to this day, as a former PAC, I'm still at 18mg, 2.5 ohm, 7-10 watt vaper.
    I've tried subohm, but leveled at 1.0 at 12mg and am totally satisfied.

Last edited:

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Champaign, IL
    There's just so much bad advice these days. New vapers are basically told they need powerful box mods and to jump right into coil making and DIY, or buy really cheap, horrible e-liquid. I'm sure you aren't the first to give up...

I agree...I'm not that far in, but I will say that super cheap, horrible eliquid almost made me give up before I even really started. Once I found this place, I find the right juices and am not smoking. That's my primary concern right now.

TO the OP:Good luck to you and happy trails.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    Smokestack, PA, USA
    You're not the first I've heard say basically exactly the same thing. For an addict, nothing is as convenient or satisfying as a fresh pack of smokes and a lighter. You really, really have to want to quit smoking in order to transition. When you are ready and the technology is that much farther along to make it all less of a pain in the toukas, we'll still be here and you'll always be welcome.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I too turned into a vaping hobbiest. I've been at it 9 months, the same as you. So I read a lot, follow the new product introductions and am politically active. But I've done a pretty good job of not over spending. Instead of buying it, I read about it. I've only got a few mods and I can hold all my tanks and rda's in one hand. DIY is still on the road map. I still find time for a full time job and my other hobby, motorcycle skills practice, plus I do sleep and eat occaisionally. So quit reading this forum and keep your vape stuff at the ready, just in case you start jonseing for a cig.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    You really, really have to want to quit smoking in order to transition.

That is why I thought the allen carr book may help. It's helped a lot of people. I read it twice before I took up vaping....and quit cigs in about a week. I think it helped set my mind up for the task of changing my behavior. :)

To viking.......stay a member here! sell your stuff, swap it, we will always be here to support you.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Interesting hmmmm ...... If you are quitting the vaping experience and not going back to smoking then I say GREAT JOB!! I wish I could do that easily or I would.......If you are going to quit vaping and go back to smoking then of course that would be a most unhealthy decision, which you may regret down the road. Personally I would rather deal with a few parts, coils, tanks, mods, bad advice and varied opinions then place myself in the cross-hairs of certain lung disease and smelling like a burnt chemical factory.

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
    Pa.
    There's just so much bad advice these days. New vapers are basically told they need powerful box mods and to jump right into coil making and DIY, or buy really cheap, horrible e-liquid. I'm sure you aren't the first to give up...
    Thanks for reply,didn't expect any,I have 2 mods,both 30 watts,never bought into the sub ohm,It's just not me.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    You're not alone. Many of my friends go back and forth. Many complain about dry hits, bad taste, or poor battery life. However they tend to keep coming back to vaping. Keep your gear in a drawer, don't sell it, and probably you will find in 6 months you will want to try it again.

Even to this day I miss a Malboro Red and a cup of coffee in the morning. Nothing else can get your heart pumping the same way :)

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
    Pa.
    viking,

There are PIF swaps here as well as the classifieds where you could have swapped and traded stuff. :)

However, that said.....vaping is fiddly and not as easy as smoking......and I am not at all offended when somebody stops, unless they have gone back to smoking and not found some other kind of NRT to stay off the cigarettes. :)

I myself never planned to vape forever, am down to 3mg and 0mg nic and will probably stop using nic altogether soon, then quit vaping only becuase I am quite sure now that I will not return to cigs. That took 3 years. :) Yeah, doing it slowly.

You did not say if you were gonna smoke again. If there is anything I can help ya with LMK.

You can certainly smoke w/out inhaling, but keep in mind there are still LOTS of chemicals in cigs and that is still going into your mouth.

there is a really good SNUS area on the forum, something I also once considered.......please please please do not go back to smoking!

I am vaping on beginners kits now, after 3 years, so yeah, I did the journey, too. But decided to just be a frugal vaper, not buy a lot of stuff anymore, and I am surprised at how happy I am now. :) Sometimes, when you STOP looking for the pot of gold at end of rainbow you find out that you can be very CONTENT because that pot of gold is inside of you.

This is why the "affluenza" that affects our nation is so on going...people keep buying things and yet they are not achieving fulfillment. You won't be the first. Look within.

I will suggest tweaking your mind a bit, read Alan Carr's The Easy Way to Quit Smoking. It is not like the other books......it is wonderful and not filled with "scare tactics".......it has been a best seller for decades now. It will help you

I have no idea why people think changing their behavior is ONLY about buying things...it is not. You can have the latest greatest and still not be satisfied....sometimes it is in your psycohology and we all need the whole BODY/MIND component to be successful in our endeavors. :)
    Racehorse,what a great reply, thanks,sorry to say,my first cigarette tonight since November.

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    Thanks for reply,didn't expect any,I have 2 mods,both 30 watts,never bought into the sub ohm,It's just not me.

I was lucky. I did some research, found Halo and bought a starter kit and some juice. It was so easy. The batteries and tanks just worked and the juice was good. I still use them from time to time and Halo is still my primary vendor...

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    Viking, the frustration in your post is very evident and that's something all of us here can relate to. Maybe now is not the time for vaping to work for you but don't completely write if off. There are members here who quit vaping a few times before finding the vape that did it for them. Take a break and re-group.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Viking, the frustration in your post is very evident and that's something all of us here can relate to. Maybe now is not the time for vaping to work for you but don't completely write if off. There are members here who quit vaping a few times before finding the vape that did it for them. Take a break and re-group.

agree ^^^ ........... After regrouping, please come back to vaping...... Please don't let BT win

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2015
    Dude, I'm not going to judge. This is my third attempt to switch from smoking to vaping. It's an addiction and relapses are expected. You do you, and if you decide to try again awesome. If not, maybe another path. Or maybe not. But you tried and that's awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread