GoodNews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthal69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Albany, Oregon
Good News!! You really should try to be a food critic. With a taste palate like that, you could destroy 5 star restaurants. I haven't been able to tell a difference between different wicking material, but my taste buds are probably fried from smoking. At least for a few more weeks. Lol.

Share the cloud!!

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I did see the twisting method on RIP's recent video, and I was interested in trying it out, and then he said "drill", and I said "nope."

One oddity I came across too is that with a Protank head, I tried exchanging the flavor wicks for silica that I cut off a CE4 head, and while it really wasn't wicking any less or better, surprisingly enough, the flavor suddenly changed from very socky to only slightly socky, more like the results I get from the CE4's (the general result has been that CE4's and CE5's vape a little cleaner for me than Protank heads... not completely, but the difference is noticeable and a little more tolerable.) I was actually vaping on it a little bit after that.

Kinda makes me think it's just different grades of silica or something. The flavor wick can really have an effect on taste, once I put just a tad of unboiled cotton on top of a flavor wick that sat atop the Kanger coil, and the vape suddenly tasted as though I was using full on cotton for the entire set up. Entirely different taste. And not in a good way, the unboiled was extremely dusty and cotton flavored - yet the cotton wasn't really even touching the coil, I checked it multiple times before, during, and after. Had a ton of silica beneath it!

So really, at this point, meh, I just think I can taste wicking materials out the wazoo. Trust me ya'll, I know how crazy it sounds, but hey, I really did get that clean, awesome vape from my Cisco, until it gunked, then it was just naturally a bit ashy tasting. The experience I got out my Cisco was like something from any RDA'ers book, it was really heavenly! Just pure vapor, it was as though there was no wick at all! I certainly couldn't taste it, and that's just what I love, it's what really allows me to vape and, hey, it really is the truth that with the wicky tasting devices, that wicky taste funks up juice flavors into weird things like salt and medicine and everything else, and that whole wicky texture seems to make me cough something unreal.

But I'm super excited about my RDA's coming in. They're either going to prove I'm an idiot or that something is wrong with my battery. Ain't too many other directions it could go in. If I build a bad coil, I can't blame it on anyone else. But I'm hoping it'll be easier than that, I really want to vape Velvet Cloud Vapor's Candy Bar again, that juice is pretty darn good, it was the only one that even was strong enough to somewhat hold up it's original flavor on the Aspire. I've even had that juice splatter up in my mouth, and the juice itself actually tastes just like it vapes. Strangest thing.

Did you get the atty ohm meter that also tests voltage or just the ohm meter one? That would have been a good way to test your spinner. For only a few $ difference.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: That's enough

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Good News!! You really should try to be a food critic. With a taste palate like that, you could destroy 5 star restaurants. I haven't been able to tell a difference between different wicking material, but my taste buds are probably fried from smoking.
He still smokes analogues.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Did you get the atty ohm meter that also tests voltage or just the ohm meter one? That would have been a good way to test your spinner. For only a few $ difference.

Yeah, I have one coming in from GotVapes. My battery had already been tested a couple times by a local vendor, but seeing the numbers for myself will at least be encouraging. I recently did have a PM by someone who has a degree in electronics and from what they said, there really could be some very complex issues even beyond what a voltage meter could read, that it really could be happening to me, so if the RDA just unilaterally does not yield a Cisco-like vape, then my one last chance really is trying a new battery.

But I really am praying I can get some RDA stuff to work. If it does work for me, then hey, it opens up a whole new window that I can jump through. I can finally put that mess behind me. Beyond getting a "clean" vapor, I'm really not chasing any complex flavors with my vape, if it tastes like blueberries, then blueberries are fine with me. My whole hobby side of this thing would be seeking out unique batteries like pipe mods and weird stuff like that. I never wanted to be someone wrapped up in how things taste. I have indeed gotten great flavors out of even the simplest of devices (rare times) and I thought it was going to be as simple as that. I didn't foresee any mechanical reason why a simple clearomizer could make a mint juice taste like mint with one replaceable head and then like fish and insulation on 5 others. But it happens. So often.

Like, my dream set-up would have been an expensive little carved up wooden pipe battery with a CE4 on it and a long, pipey drip-tip. That's the set up all those pipe modders and such use, because that's what fits the look, nothing else does. Yet, why I can't run across clean tasting devices like that, it's beyond explaination. And it cuts off a whole side of the vaping hobby that I would have wanted to get into.

Last edited:

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
*&^%@$#^@*#^%!!! Someone owes me yet another keyboard......and another cup of Starbucks. I can stand the financial loss of the keyboards, which seems to be a daily occurrence but the Starbucks, come on people your killing my vape budget and there's 3 new original mechanicals at my B&M waiting on me!!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Yeah, I have one coming in from GotVapes. My battery had already been tested a couple times by a local vendor, but seeing the numbers for myself will at least be encouraging. I recently did have a PM by someone who has a degree in electronics and from what they said, there really could be some very complex issues even beyond what a voltage meter could read, that it really could be happening to me, so if the RDA just unilaterally does not yield a Cisco-like vape, then my one last chance really is trying a new battery.

But I really am praying I can get some RDA stuff to work. If it does work for me, then hey, it opens up a whole new window that I can jump through. I can finally put that mess behind me. Beyond getting a "clean" vapor, I'm really not chasing any complex flavors with my vape, if it tastes like blueberries, then blueberries are fine with me. My whole hobby side of this thing would be seeking out unique batteries like pipe mods and weird stuff like that. I never wanted to be someone wrapped up in how things taste. I have indeed gotten great flavors out of even the simplest of devices (rare times) and I thought it was going to be as simple as that. I didn't foresee any mechanical reason why a simple clearomizer could make a mint juice taste like mint wit one head and fish and insulation on another. But it happens. So often.
stay on topic please....the only references to fish and insulation shall be done so sarcastically. You have violated the rules I've set forth on this particular thread. That's strike 1. I've got my eye on you....

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
I just knew you'd show up. This whole thing was for you. I'm personally amazed and impressed with the restraint you've exhibited thus far. Welcome, catalinaflyer, welcome. It's ok...you're amongst friends here.
I was actually busy over on the New Users forum helping new vendor employees with my complete and utter lack of knowledge.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
stay on topic please....the only references to fish and insulation shall be done so sarcastically. You have violated the rules I've set forth on this particular thread. That's strike 1. I've got my eye on you....

That's only b/c you're an undercover vape shop spy. You're secretly fobbing off all of this build schtick to frustrate us all into buying infoerior products from your store. That way, your boss gets rich, and we get even more frustrated and switch back to tobacco.

Talk! Name Names! Which vape shop are you working for!?

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
What are some of the things that can cause shorts on these RDA's?
I'm going to assume your talking about a dripper, something like this -
IMG_3201_zpsc51bb7dd.jpg

If so a short can be caused if the coil touches the bottom or the metal cap. They can short against the posts and depending on where on the coil they touch you could have either a dead short or get some really wild resistance readings.

Now if your talking an RBA like this-
IMG_3248_zpsa929866f.jpg

Then there's more places that can cause a short, the base, the cup, the chimney, the posts etc. Basically you don't want anything metal to touch the coil anywhere.

Last edited:

Anthal69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Albany, Oregon
And throughout the whole Starbucks through the nose episode I tilted my clearomizer so now I'm out another $3.00. I have to walk away now, you all have completely ruined my vaping journey!! Ooops, I meant ya'll !!

Actually, the correct use of y'all in that situation would be "All Y'all". Y'all by itself is actually singular in nature.

Share the cloud!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread