Status
Not open for further replies.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Yes, "BF rda Replacement Contacts" are available from FatDaddy. They are about 1/2 down the page.

bf pins.jpg

I understand the Goon takes the M2.5 size, but suggest you get both in case other attys need conversion.

They will probably need to be shorted to drain properly, but that's easy to do. I use vice-grips & a dremel; others use a file.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
I was just filing them but now I use a drill and a file. Just put the pin in the drill and file as it spins, once you are nearly at the desired length use a bit of fine sandpaper for a smooth finish. It takes a bit longer this way but ensures it is level, not so important on the threaded part but if you need to shorten the head it is worthwhile.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yes, "BF rda Replacement Contacts" are available from FatDaddy. They are about 1/2 down the page.

View attachment 597415

I understand the Goon takes the M2.5 size, but suggest you get both in case other attys need conversion.

They will probably need to be shorted to drain properly, but that's easy to do. I use vice-grips & a dremel; others use a file.
Yeah,it's good to have both sizes,they really come in handy if you have other rda's you want to convert.I have a few odd ball rda's that don't use either size,but they have fit 99% of mine with no problem.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
when you file these, are you filing the end of the screw or the head to fit inside the insulator? I'm an idiot when it comes to visualizing these things.
I doubt you'll ever need to file the circumference of the head to fit inside the insulator, but if the positive contact is keeping the atty way above the mod & you want to lower it, you can make the head thinner. Of course the mod can often be adjusted instead of filing the new pin.

If it is too high inside to drain, file that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread