RDA Goon clone getting a bit hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teletha

Dec 22, 2016
well i managed to solve the problem cause i got another top for the goon which was made of some kind of heat resistant plastic which works really well with the heat so i can run now 7 wraps for both coils with a 3.0mm diameter on around 0.15 ohms on my alien mod but the ramp up is pretty high when it is cool unless i want to start on high wattage and then go down when its hotter.

The TC is not really working it goes to a max of 315C and the coils isn't getting hot enough it just barely manages to create smoke not sure what the problem is.

Teletha

Dec 22, 2016
In TC......
The wattage will control the Ramp up.
The temperature is what you shoot for, when there, will stay there till you let off the fire button.

I usually set watts around 25 to 30,,and temp 420 to 470 f° according to juice..
ye i know how TC works but it aint working i have it on MAX temp (315 celsius) and even when i have the wattage on 220W power in TC it still isn't producing any smoke dunno why that is it just creates a little wiff of smoke.. i have set the tc to SS for stainless steel.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
ye i know how TC works but it aint working i have it on MAX temp (315 celsius) and even when i have the wattage on 220W power in TC it still isn't producing any smoke dunno why that is it just creates a little wiff of smoke.. i have set the tc to SS for stainless steel.
Have you locked in resistance?

If TC's not working properly I might question the core of that Clapton as being SS. I've only seen nichrome and kanthal in that style flat/square but of course it could be. I'm no TC expert either, just trying to help find a cooler option for ya and is typically the route I take when my builds are so low they start burning my mouth.

Last edited:
Reactions: daviedog

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Checking my vapemail this morning got me laughing. I forgot I freakin ordered these things!!! Again this is Fasttech, so typically I order and forget since the wait can be... long.
Aliens.PNG

Yup, I happened to order those exact premade wires. First time doing so. Guess I'll be able figure out the best way to keep em cool. They arrive today:banana:

Reactions: daviedog

Teletha

Dec 22, 2016
Checking my vapemail this morning got me laughing. I forgot I freakin ordered these things!!! Again this is Fasttech, so typically I order and forget since the wait can be... long.
View attachment 630277
Yup, I happened to order those exact premade wires. First time doing so. Guess I'll be able figure out the best way to keep em cool. They arrive today:banana:

cool !

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
image.jpeg

Crap Tel, these are some hot frigin coils! I didn't really help things by throwing them into the Nuevo rda.
image.jpeg

Not enough airflow and space between cap walls. I'm pulling these and throwin'em
into the Glacier v2, diagonally. If that thing doesn't doesn't have enough airflow im going to a 24 or 30 mm. I was getting .18 - .2 resistance from the coils. I also got one of the hottest rdas I've ever had vaping and I ain't talking popular. Don't get me wrong, I'm not downplaying the Nuevo (23mm BtW), I would like the airflow set up on it with the right build.
The heat almost "sticks" to the wires. Chain vaping this in power mode could start melting stuff and I ain't kiddin. Maybe.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 12

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Alright @Teletha, yanked those mfers off the Nuevo and threw them into the glacier. They vape as if they were made for this RDA specifically;)
Plenty of space between walls and coils, no more burning fingers when removing top... Awesome
image.jpeg

Slid right in thanks to the velocity style deck. No fuss. I did have a little trouble with a couple of the post screws since they are tiny flatheads. Read anywhere from .2 to .3 the first heat testing. That's just too much, even for SS. Got em tightened for a cool reading of .17, hot is .19. That's more like it!
image.jpeg

Next is the airflow. Anyone that owns the glacier v2 will notice a difference in mine and theirs. First, that ain't the chuff that goes on this thing and second freaking thing is upside down. Changes the airflow but not by much. I had to take up serious building to find the right coils for this.
That chuff is either form the Godzilla or VA Goliath, can't remember. Makes for one helluva vape!
image.jpeg

Currently set to 91 watts on the sigelei 150 TC. Ramp is about 5-7 seconds on a cold coil. But when it starts gettin to temp, watch out!!:shock: Oh and the Glacier v2 is 23 mm BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread