Goon RDA. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Yeah right. No matter what build you put in it, that won't help the airflow. You can have the best build in the world and nothing can help that air flow. I would suggest drill the AF out a bit and see what that does.

As a matter of fact that's what I'm gonna do right now lol. I'll let y'all know what that does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course the build can affect the airflow. Wicking and build placement makes a huge difference. Before reaching for the drill I'd suggest tinkering with builds first. The Goon's airflow is one of its strong points!

Reactions: gpjoe

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Of course the build can affect the airflow. Wicking and build placement makes a huge difference. Before reaching for the drill I'd suggest tinkering with builds first. The Goon's airflow is one of its strong points!

Lol, I've had the Goon for probably 6 months now. It was my go to. I've been building coils for close to a year and I have put every coil I build (aliens and staggered fused claptons included) and all kinds of different wicking in it. I can't tell you I know what I'm doing. I don't know who told u that the AF is the Goons strong point but they lied to you lol. The AF sucks on that thing.

Plus your a couple days too late. If you read the post on this thread you will see that the deed has already been done and that it hit a TON better than it used to. Plus it's not my go to rda. It's way to small and I like WIDE OPEN AF. Again if you look through the post on this thread you will see why I say the little 24mm is too small and the AF sucks. What I use on an everyday basis you could almost put 2 Goons side by side in it. And the RTA and rda has tremendous and smooth AF.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
What build are you using in your Goon? Can you post a picture please?

I picked up a Goon RDA because I've seen so many people give it great reviews. I don't understand why. The clamp system on the deck is ok but the airflow is horrible. I like my Icon so much better. My Mason Gemini and my Armageddon Elite are definitely alot better but those are both 30mm RDAs. I don't understand all the love for the Goon. If you have a Goon what are your thoughts? Also if you have a Goon 1.5 how does it compare to the original Goon?
I have a goon 1.5. Main difference on it is much larger airflow. I have the clone but it's basically the same. I don't have the attys you mention so I can't compare it to them but I was using the peerless rda and the goon 1.5 is better than that. The flavor is pretty darn good it actually suprised me a lot. I also have a review of the 1.5 on reddit under the name jty93southernvapes if you wanna check it out. Happy vaping :)

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have a goon clone, as I was weary of the authentics cost.
It is pretty good but as mentioned at the start by Don29palms, i use my icon as my daily driver.
I still use the goon as my flavor tester for diy juices. I do agree that I wasn't that impressed which made me glad I didn't get the authentic.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I think the Goon is a real good middle-of-the-road-atty for medium wattage vaping. Sure, there are some that have more airflow and some that give a bit more flavor, but as an allround-package I think the Goon is a nice little atty worth a purchase. Although I would always go with a clone, because no RDA is ever going to be worth 50+$ to me. No matter how good it performs.

Reactions: Wheelin247

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I think the Goon is a real good middle-of-the-road-atty for medium wattage vaping. Sure, there are some that have more airflow and some that give a bit more flavor, but as an allround-package I think the Goon is a nice little atty worth a purchase. Although I would always go with a clone, because no RDA is ever going to be worth 50+$ to me. No matter how good it performs.

I can totally agree with that. It has its place in the vaping community for the vapers that aren't into cloud chasing and also not a flavor junkie, just a little bit of both worlds.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

This is not an unreasonable comment. Anyone that believes the Goon airflow is restricted lies on the fringe of the vaping community. I have several RDAs on my bench right now along with the original Goon:

Mage, Kennedy, Limitless, Lush Plus, Azeroth, Pulse, Tsunami Pro, Peerless, Cheetah, Velocity, Velocity V2, and Icon.

The Goon is the least restrictive of the bunch, which are mostly recent RDAs and very much mainstream. To say the Goon is restrictive is an opinion that is narrowly held.

Reactions: Ben85

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
This is not an unreasonable comment. Anyone that believes the Goon airflow is restricted lies on the fringe of the vaping community. I have several RDAs on my bench right now along with the original Goon:

Mage, Kennedy, Limitless, Lush Plus, Azeroth, Pulse, Tsunami Pro, Peerless, Cheetah, Velocity, Velocity V2, and Icon.

The Goon is the least restrictive of the bunch, which are mostly recent RDAs and very much mainstream. To say the Goon is restrictive is an opinion that is narrowly held.

I disagree. My Icon has much better airflow than the Goon. My mason and my armageddon are better than the Icon. In my opinion the Goon is over hyped for sure. I do like the build deck and I'm going to try the goon 1.5. I hope it's better.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

IMO you must not have had a RDA with great. I mean one thing I like about vaping is there is something out there for everybody. You may not like wide open AF as @Don29palms and I do.

I have the Mason Advocate 27mm which has really great AF and I run it wide open, the 40mm Mason has too much AF but can dial it down to a good AF. I also have the Voltrove 41mm RDA which I also run wide open and has great AF. If you say the Goon has the most AF out of all of the RDA's you own, try a Mason RDA and see what good AF is.

Reactions: Don29palms

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I disagree. My Icon has much better airflow than the Goon. My mason and my armageddon are better than the Icon. In my opinion the Goon is over hyped for sure. I do like the build deck and I'm going to try the goon 1.5. I hope it's better.

One thing that would make the deck better is if it had a single screw with spring style clamps. The single screw would help keeping the leads separated while putting the build in the clamps. If you put that style clamp and a better AF the Goon would be giving the Mason a run for its money.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
One thing that would make the deck better is if it had a single screw with spring style clamps. The single screw would help keeping the leads separated while putting the build in the clamps. If you put that style clamp and a better AF the Goon would be giving the Mason a run for its money.

That's what the Elite and the Apocalypse have. I think I'll just get an Apocalypse. The Goon fanboys can keep it.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
That's what the Elite and the Apocalypse have. I think I'll just get an Apocalypse. The Goon fanboys can keep it.

Yeah I agree. Even after drilling out the AF I still haven't hit the Goon since that day I posted the pics. I just don't care for the RDA. I mean before I found the Mason AF I thought it was great. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side. Well we jumped across that fence and found the greener grass my friend! Lol

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yeah I agree. Even after drilling out the AF I still haven't hit the Goon since that day I posted the pics. I just don't care for the RDA. I mean before I found the Mason AF I thought it was great. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side. Well we jumped across that fence and found the greener grass my friend! Lol

I was going to kick down $120 for the Vapergate Omni but they are already sold out. They only made 250. A bit saddening really.
Tonight I'm using some DIY Pralines & Cream juice. OMG it's amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread