Goopy build up on MG ceramic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
Hope everyone finds themselves well today.
I was pulling apart one of my Ultimo tanks today and noticed some tary looking resin build up in the chimney. Now when I pulled the atomizer off and there was a fairly thick viscous tary coating on top of the coil (except the air hole).

Now, I know coils can get some build up but this.... This is weird. Could it be the use of sweetener or sugar in some flavourings camamelizing in the coil and being pushed out the top of the ceramic as it forms? I'm at a bit of a loss on this.

Thanks in advance!

In a side note, what's people's experiences with the ultimate and MG head. I think there is a stainless option I might try so I can go with TC. (I like TC mods, should likely start using the TC aspect.)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Coils do gunk. Coils gunk faster with sweeteners and some flavorings. It's hard to know if what you see is more or less than expected. How long was the coil is use, and how much juice did you vape on it?

My only experience with those ceramic coils was that they leaked like crazy. The rewickable SS notch coil works well but is a little fussy on the rewicking part. Otherwise they work well even in TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread