Got clearomizers to work! Here's how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Awhile back I bought a 5 pack of some clearomizers. I think these are a fairly recent version, the tubes are slightly frosted; not totally transparent. I can't remember from which site I ordered them though, sorry.

Anyway, they are of the typical ce2 construction. 2 wicks, one slotted rubber plug covering the wicks and the ceramic cup, one thinner rubber plug sealing the whole apparatus. I feel this method would work for most clearomizers.

At first I tried to modify/adjust the lower plug. Cutting the wick slots larger, etc. This did not work well for me. Here's what I did: (sorry for the lack of pictures, feel free to post questions.)

Step one:
Remove the rubber cap from the top. This piece is usually discarded, but save it! Use scissors to remove the small lip which prevents the cap from being completely inserted into the tube. Set aside.

Step two:
Remove the small rubber washer which is normally removed in order to inject the fluid through the larger rubber plug which caps the ceramic cup.

Step three:
Remove the rubber cap which sits atop the ceramic cup. No finesse is necessary; I usually end up destroying mine anyway in the removal process. Be careful not to let any rubber bits fall into the coil or fill area. Discard.

Step four:
Fill the clearomizer however you like. Thinner liquids work best with these, and many of you may know already. Now, instead of capping the ceramic cup with it's original rubber cap, shove the rubber cap from the top down onto the ceramic cup. Press firmly to make a good seal. You can replace the thin rubber washer or not. I do, just for the heck of it, then cap off the whole assembly with whichever drip tip you like. Works like a charm! Wicks well, no leaks, no burning taste!

Forgive me if this is common knowledge. I'm a relatively new vaper, but I do like to tinker and thought this might be useful. I've had great luck, and have successfully placed two of my previously hated clearomizers into rotation.

Happy vaping!

keydcuk

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
United Kingdom
First time I got clearomizers I couldn't rave enough about it. I do like the vape. It is one of the best vapes I got out of any of the methods I have vaped with. The only problem I have with them but will still say it is the best vape, is that the tube near the connecting point if the battery cracks easily if you are not careful with them to disconnect it and store it in a safe hard case when not using. I had a pack of 5 and I think 3 or 4 are cracked. I'm looking to fix them as I heard that I could get a same size tube but I am sourcing a harder plastic. Possibly I might mod the actual atomizer part into a 20ml e-liquid bottle. I'm not sure, I've not paid much attention to it as most of mine are leaking and am currently enjoying some low resistance cartos as well as a tank ecig model I got.

I might just find a way to seal my cracks with a bit of plastic safe superglue or something... suggestions are welcomed.

I do love clearomizer vaping though! I don't want to put anybody off. I think it is the best vape I have had so far but they are fragile and one must take care in not cracking them due to a bit of carelessness like I have on my first batch. I am ordering some from China when I setup shop. I do believe it to be a great product.

Cheers!

Dan

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
@keydcuk Look for a BD 3ml syringe. I got mine from ebay. Cut them to the same size as your existing CE2 tubes, from where the needle should go as you want the indent on the bottom of these syringes there. They fit perfectly to the point it's a little difficult to get them back off, but still doable. No leaks, extremely hard casing, you can take it off and put it on another CE2 if you replace a worn out CE2, perfect for the job. If you like your CE2s, the syringe mod for them is the best thing to have happened to them.

@Glarsky welcome to the CE2 club :D a few people do it that way but I cut /\'s into the existing seal slots of the inner seal and put it back on. It works as well. Some people also just use the black ring seal and put it over the cup face down. I've tried it and it works just as well as the upside down seal method but I'm worried I'd get a really bad leak with me needing to transport my CE2s in my pocket a lot.

Glad you found out how to tweak them on your own though and got along with them. I never would have thought to do it if no one had told me lol Good guide if anyone else didn't know too :)

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
This method of tinkering with the CE2 seemed to work. Also noted 100% VG doesn't really work in these. good to know.
If the seal is upside down or has /\'s cut into the slots then it wicks 100% vg. I have to use CE2s as my tank solution because they wick vg. Nothing else I tried can wick 100% vg well enough. The only downside I can say for 100% vg use is you have to turn it upside down for a second for it to wick but it's second nature to me now.

RandaPandaBear

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
I tried that once but it's kind of a pain to get it back out when it's time to refill. Gotvapes is coming out with a mod that they claim will solve all the CE-2 issues.

was wondering how this was going to go when its time for a refill. they were a gift so I wasn't sad to play with them :p

keydcuk

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
United Kingdom
@keydcuk Look for a BD 3ml syringe. I got mine from ebay. Cut them to the same size as your existing CE2 tubes, from where the needle should go as you want the indent on the bottom of these syringes there. They fit perfectly to the point it's a little difficult to get them back off, but still doable. No leaks, extremely hard casing, you can take it off and put it on another CE2 if you replace a worn out CE2, perfect for the job. If you like your CE2s, the syringe mod for them is the best thing to have happened to them.

Thanks! I just got a pack of 10 off ebay. I'm struggling to understand which end you are saying should go where. Are you saying the empty needle side goes as your tip for inhaling? It makes logical sense to me but I just wanted to confirm.

keydcuk

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Yeah but getting it back out for a refill could be challenging without breaking the ceramic cup (yep did that twice already :facepalm:

There is a small gap where you can fit a blunt syringe. I get mine as special caps to fit over the bottles of e-liquid I purchase from my supplier. Sometimes a bit of the seal gets caught in the blunt needle hole which I need to either jiggle a bit or pull out the syringe to remove the tiny debris and poke in the small seal gap hole again but it sound more fiddly than it is. It's quite easy to fill without taking the whole thing appart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread