Got some questions about "Dripping" Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Puffy-

Nov 7, 2012
Harrisburg Area, PA
I was looking into getting a dripping atty for my mod. I was just trying to get some info on them before buying any kind of dripping atty. Are all the " dripping " attys rebuildable? Is there anything I should look for when purchasing one? What part of the Atty is able to be rebuilt and is it difficult? I never saw or used one. I just would like the option to easy try out flavors instead of putting them in my tank an then clean it all if I do not like the flavor. Anyone got any info they can add? Sorry for the Noob question but you never know if you don't ask

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
As far as I'm aware all drippers are rebuildable due to how they're designed. The 'rebuildable' part is the coil and wick assembly, which is generally hand-wrapped by the end-user, you, with Kanthal or nichrome wire and silica, Ekowool, SS mesh, or another wick material. Some do come pre-coiled from the factory but the ones I've seen tend to be wrapped around 2ohm +/- 0.2ohm (one I got from a reputable manufacturer was supposed to be 2ohm and came to 2.6ohm though, so who knows), and if you're using a mechanical you're going to want to rebuild at a lower resistance most likely. If you have a VV/VW mod, a 2ohm coil would be acceptable and usable..but eventually you're going to have to either buy a new wick/coil assembly (if offered) or learn to rebuild it yourself with materials. It's really not that hard to be honest, just get a multimeter from Radioshack and some Kanthal wire/silica wick and play around with wrapping the wire and checking the resistance, once you get a feel for it, wrap it on the rda's posts and check the ohms one more time before putting it on your mod and trying it out.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
There are many drippers that are not rebuildable and perfect for testing flavors. The most popular are 510 atties, 306 atties, and on the higher end the HH357. They are very simple to use, drop a few drops of liquid in wait a second then vape away. When you start getting a nasty taste, drip some more in. I can't speak for the other 2, but with the 306 to clean it you can simply blow out the excess into a paper towel. After taking it off your battery of course :)

Concerning getting into Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers (RDAs). They are not great for testing flavors as you have to rinse the wick off and let it dry a bit before you can move on to the next flavor. They have great taste and the igo-l holds about 15 drops. I just posted this for someone else...

I bought an Igo-L for my first and love it. Building coils isn't hard if you watch some videos first. I wouldn't bother looking for pre-made coils, it really is pretty easy.

Here's my what my first order consisted of...
IGO-L Rebuildable Atomizer (Dripper) IGOL_RBA 1 $14.99
A1 Kanthal Wire - 3.25ft Spooled
Kanthal Wire Gauge Options
34 AWG
A1KW34AWG-016 1 $1.65
A1 Kanthal Wire - 3.25ft Spooled
Kanthal Wire Gauge Options
32 AWG
A1KW32AWG-020 1 $1.65
Silica Wick - 3.25ft
Silica Wick Size Options
2.0mm Wick
SilicaWick2mm 1 $2.69
Silica Wick - 3.25ft
Silica Wick Size Options
3.5mm Wick
SilicaWick35mm 1 $2.79

-Puffy-

Nov 7, 2012
Harrisburg Area, PA
I have a Smoktech RBA on the way from here...
SMOKTech RDA Rebuildable Atomizer

Not hear yet but it was dirt cheap and I see good reviews about it. Buy a drip tip if you don't have one. I have a blue K101 mod so I got a blue one and a blue aluminum drip tip. Should be styling enough for an old dude.
Brent

I had seen another smoketech one. It looked like it had a drum like style to it. I think it was around 6-7 bucks. I don't remember where I saw it or what it was called but I was thinking about looking for it an picking it up as my first one. I will look around for the atty and post the link if I can find it. See what you guys think.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Just get a 510 atomizer from most online vape stores. It is not rebuildable, but will be a great introduction to dripping. All you need is the atty and some juice and you are good to go.

If you enjoy the experience (and you probably will) then you can look in to getting a RDA like an igo-l or something else that requires you buy wick and wire - but in the meantime, if you want to keep it simple, a 510 atty is the way to go. You can get one for less than $5 that will usually last you a good few weeks of constant use.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
No its a bit backward here..

The standard 510 atty.......meaning it's NOT a carto filled with fluff. Is not rebuildable and it's perfectly fine to drip into thats where it started.
like this Black 2.0 Ohm Dual Coil Atomizer

Nothing wrong with them and many many of us used them for years, I still have plenty of and keep them around ...the rebuildable thing is kinda new really(least in real time not ecig time)

I dont think you should be afraid of trying RBA's but the back up of a it's ready atty isnt a bad thing either.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I forgot to add** any brand you recommend that is at a cheap price? Since I just want to use to test my juices mainly. An to use for a "change up" for a few pulls here an there.

These have lasted me over a month with daily use:

5 Pack Bargain 510 Low Resistance Atomizers [510BGNLR-5PCK] - $14.99 :

http://www.goodejuice.com/store/5-pack-bargain-510-standard-atomizers-p-518.html

You need a drip tip too, and these will fit those attys:

510 Drip Tips - 901 Drip Tips | Goodejuice.com

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html

This is an excellent thread that will explain most everything you need to know about the 510 style dripping atomizers. There are reviews, cleaning instructions, how to tips. All from experienced users.

Also plenty of help and people available to answer your questions and get you started. I drip into a cheap 510 atty and love it. I spend all the money I saved (from not buying fancier attys) on juices. I can switch juices in a flash.

Jcdew67

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Nashville,TN
I started vaping with 1.5 LR 510 attomizers and done that exclusivly for 2 years until the Clearomizer came out. You put 4 drops in and when you get a harsh hit you know to put 4 more drops in.Over time you learn when to put juice in before you get to that harsh hit. Atomizers for dripping are rather expensive and unless you buy them in bulk like I did it may be too much for you in cost. I bought a 10 pack for $46 which comes to about $4 and some change a piece at Vaporkings.com. I don't know of any drip Attys that would be rebuildable though.

Igo W is pretty easy. My first dripper, and still using it.

Thanks I will look into it, probably give it a shot. Recommend any venders for cheapest price? I am running low on funds for e-cig stuff since I just spent 230 bucks on Mod, batterys, juice, tanks, coils. Sure doesn't take long to spend lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread