Gotvapes Stardust: How to re-wick and replace the coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
Great video! I just received my wire from your eBay thread and wick from cov.
I just replaced my coil and wick on my dead stardust, that lasted only 2 days. But I'm glad I saved it.
As of now I see no reason to buy any more of these, I have 3 and enough wick and wire to last years. This thing is vapping better than when i got it new. Time will tell though.
Thanks again.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Rebuilt 2 of them today. Used two 2mm wicks stacked, with 5 wraps. Cut the wicks short like they came. Was worried that with the fatter wick I'd have to trim the silicone cap, but the cap still fits just fine. 5 closely spaced wraps covers the wick nearly from edge to edge in the cup, and along with the thicker wick gives roughly 50% more heated coil area.

Works beautifully at 5.5 volts, and wicks 100%VG perfectly.

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com
Rebuilt 2 of them today. Used two 2mm wicks stacked, with 5 wraps. Cut the wicks short like they came. Was worried that with the fatter wick I'd have to trim the silicone cap, but the cap still fits just fine. 5 closely spaced wraps covers the wick nearly from edge to edge in the cup, and along with the thicker wick gives roughly 50% more heated coil area.

Works beautifully at 5.5 volts, and wicks 100%VG perfectly.

Sweet! I pretty much just stick with a KGO with the Stardusts, though I have a Provari. How long does a full Stardust last at 5.5 volts?

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I'd guesstimate maybe an hour of vape and surf:vapor:

I'm with ya on the KGO/eGo use with these. I've found myself using my eGo batteries again just for the nice compact look when on the go.

Next I want to build a couple of LR Stardust for use with the eGo's. Thinking of tying in some no resistance wire to make the resistance coil length as short a possible while still getting maybe 4 wraps on a doubled up wick.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Robbie,

1st. You need to touch your + & - probes together to get your internal resistance of your meter, then deduct that from your ohm reading to get your true ohm reading.
That depends on the meter, there are many available that will 'zero'.

I saw this on e-Bay and for $5.50 I got it.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It has Slightly Higher Ohms which might work better for me if more than 4 loops is hard to do. I would want to target the ohms around 2.5~2.8 which would work well for my e-Liquids on an eGo.

For folks that want to try nichrome shoot for the nichrome 80 (NiCrA) over the 60.

PnJ Resources, LLC : Nichrome 80

The price includes shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread