Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Robbie. I got it apart, but could not get it back together even with copious amounts of pg to lube. The tube is a little different, the knurl at the base is slightly wider, and the measuring lines are marked (inumerated) with mm count. I bet these are from a different factory.

Last edited:

Propperimprint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
California
dang it, I just ordered a few of these from litecig and ikenvape
the ikenvape ones have the ml measurements in the pictures on the site (which, according to previous posts, doesnt sound promising), and if the reports on the litecig ones are no go so far, then it seems I bought these in vein.
Oh well, not like they were expensive, so i will be trying anyways.
Maybe someone should email the manufacturer and ask if the new ones are different?

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Did I all of a sudden turn into a wimp?

LOL I'm so glad (well sorta) to see others are having trouble with this. I was starting to think I was just in really bad shape. lol

This really sucks! I might carefully take a heat gun to it when the time comes and it's just about shot anyhow. Yeah they're fairly cheap but not as cheap as I am. lol

Guess this explains why they all have micro cracks along the knurled connection. :(

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
LOL I'm so glad (well sorta) to see others are having trouble with this. I was starting to think I was just in really bad shape. lol

This really sucks! I might carefully take a heat gun to it when the time comes and it's just about shot anyhow. Yeah they're fairly cheap but not as cheap as I am. lol

Guess this explains why they all have micro cracks along the knurled connection. :(

Shortly after getting frustrated with not being able to muscle one apart, my girlfriend handed me a jar of pickles she couldn't get open. I handled it like a boss. Redemption!

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
anyone try sanding a of the tank piece or taking the gasket off and sanding the connector down a little?

That should be a viable solution. The tank size is identical. I can swap the coil post assembly between tanks, and the resistance/fit is identical. So the difference is in the knurled base, and should be not much trouble to file a slight taper as well a smooth away some of the knurl to make for a looser fit.

Of course that works for reassembling. We need to come up with a better way to get the tank of initially since chances of breaking are high as it takes a lot of force to pull the tank off now. Heat is of no help IMO since the base is wrapped in metal.

I busted one of my new ones, so tis up to another intrepid vaper to work this out...at least until I pop a coil on one of the newer ones.:unsure:

Tell y'all one thing though. The plastic tank on these is one tough sucker.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
Here is the solution for disassembling your Stardust. Mine are from the second batch that came in from Gotvapes.

After spending several hours the other day trying to disassemble my Stardust I finally found a way that will work very efficiently. You will need the following items.

A piece of 3/8 inch brass tubing

A piece of 9/32 inch brass tubing

A hammer, yes a hammer.

Remove the mouthpiece, the rubber cap that fits over the center tube, and you will need to remove the wick.

Cut a piece of the 9/32 inch brass tubing about 3 inches long. It's best if you can use a pipe cutter to do this. You want the ends of the tubing to the level and not cut at an angle. The inside diameter of this tubing will fit perfectly around the center post inside the Stardust. Now take that hammer, yes I said hammer and give it a few taps. Everything will slide out very easily.

Now to get it back together. Cut a piece of 3/8 inch tubing again about 3 inches long and use that to hammer the unit back together from the other end. A very big word of caution here. There is no stop for the base, so you will need to do a trial and error to see how well it fits when you put the mouthpiece back on along with the cap that has the metal tip inside. If you hammer the post in too far you will not be able screw on the mouthpiece properly.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
anyone try sanding a of the tank piece or taking the gasket off and sanding the connector down a little?

Didnt do that but did take my dremel and sliced bigger openings where the 4 vent groves are and made them a good bit bigger for some more air intake :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One thing I learned from CE2's regarding Air Flow.

Sometimes if the Draw is tight it can be fixed be Carefully pushing a Straighten Out Paperclip thru the Battery End until it makes contact with the Atomizer Coil. Then give it an Ever so Slight Nudge.

I've had Wicks/Coil Wires which were Smushed down in the Ceramic Cup cause Restricted Air Flown.

The Key is to just Slightly Nudge the Wick/Coil. If you press to hard on it, you can Break the Wick and or Coil Wire.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
For folks that want to try nichrome shoot for the nichrome 80 (NiCrA) over the 60.

PnJ Resources, LLC : Nichrome 80

The price includes shipping.

Has anyone ordered from these folks before? I ordered some wire over a week ago and haven't heard a word from them yet. Getting a little worried is all.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Sanding down the base once apart works like a charm.

Easiest way is to put the cup side in a drill (chuck it gently), and sand down the base while periodically checking for a snug fit. Put just a tad of a bevel on the base edges.

Pain in the but compared to the originals, but once done cleaning and recoiling is cake.

jorge1845

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2009
Miami,Florida.USA
How did you put them apart?
Sanding down the base once apart works like a charm.

Easiest way is to put the cup side in a drill (chuck it gently), and sand down the base while periodically checking for a snug fit. Put just a tad of a bevel on the base edges.

Pain in the but compared to the originals, but once done cleaning and recoiling is cake.

Propperimprint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
California
How did you put them apart?
agreed, i would like to hear an easier way to get them apart.
I was trying to pull one apart and my ego wanted to come apart before the clearomizer
antfuzz's way seems like it would work, but i would prefer not having to buy extra parts to get them apart.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Unless you have a dead ego, or at least one willing to take on for the team, then stick with antfuzz's method. Looks solid for tube removal.

What I did is screw it a doa eGo, rock while pulling until I see a little gap form between the battery and the carto. Then put a pair of pliers on the connection end of the ego and pry the carto off little by little using a screwdriver inserted into the gap.

Real PIA, and definitely not something you'd want to have to do every time to clean it. Cleaning and dry burning while apart as in Robbie's video is best IMO.

iuseaspork

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2011
ohio
These must be "fixed" for me to buy any more. I'm having a problem with a vacuum building up in the tank where it won't wick well unless the mouthpiece is unscrewed. I even fished out the silicone sleeve and cut it down a bit and no go. So for ME...

For the price of the unit to convert me from carto tanks:

1: wicking issue must be resolved
2: must be able to be disassembled easier

Propperimprint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
California
I found a method that is similar to antfuzz's that works well.
You can really use anything that fits into the mouthpiece and just push the center out
to put it back together i just put it on ang ego battery and pushed it down really hard.
didnt need to sand or anything.
Have only dont this to one though (from ikenvape)
didn't rewick it or anything, just wanted to see it i could do it

Has anyone tried to use ss mesh for wick on these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread