GotVapes Weekly: Come play with us. New Game every week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
I f'd up, last time in hospital it seemed like every 5 minutes some dic* asked me how much I smoked and by the time I got out I couldn't wait to light an analog but I am back on vaping for 2 weeks now. I definitely should ha stayed in touch with my friends on this thread and this time I will.
Tim

Mt Rainier rising out of the haze. Shot off the end of a ferry boat on my way to Port Townsend, WA last week.

11856425_10153577290779254_4534637304090746530_o.jpg

Reactions: Sunray

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
I f'd up, last time in hospital it seemed like every 5 minutes some dic* asked me how much I smoked and by the time I got out I couldn't wait to light an analog but I am back on vaping for 2 weeks now. I definitely should ha stayed in touch with my friends on this thread and this time I will.
Tim
We forgive you this time Timin! LOL...
Glad you made it back to vaping!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Good morning everyone :) I think I survived the Windows 10 upgrade. Practically painless.

It should be painless with most systems that their hardware/software is supported... IF the system doesn't have any underlying problems the user is or isn't aware of...

I've done almost 10 upgrades since the release last month on the 29th and one new system install.. with no issues other than a couple of software incompatibilities such as an old version of MS Office 2003 isn't supported ( it works on it, but has underlying problems that may affect things later on ).

I've only had one system that had previous problems that couldn't be resolved without doing a fresh Win7 install before proceeding with the Win10 upgrade...

Since you often don't know about a problem until it is too late...

1. Backup all of your documents, music, pictures, videos and any thing else. A 1Tb external HD is the best way and is only about $75 or less if you find them on sale. Don't expect a simple USB thumb drive to hold it all unless you don't have much to backup.

2. Locate any program disks ( including your Windows disks ) you have of the stuff you had installed and keep them handy if needed later.

3. If your system didn't come with your Windows disks... you were suppose to make your own copy using the utils that came installed on your computer... do this first... in fact, you should have already done it but most of my clients don't for whatever reason.

Do not proceed until you have covered those 2-3 steps... It's likely that you won't have to use any of them, but it's better being safe than loosing it all because you didn't take a little bit of prep time.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
It should be painless with most systems that their hardware/software is supported... IF the system doesn't have any underlying problems the user is or isn't aware of...

I've done almost 10 upgrades since the release last month on the 29th and one new system install.. with no issues other than a couple of software incompatibilities such as an old version of MS Office 2003 isn't supported ( it works on it, but has underlying problems that may affect things later on ).

I've only had one system that had previous problems that couldn't be resolved without doing a fresh Win7 install before proceeding with the Win10 upgrade...

Since you often don't know about a problem until it is too late...

1. Backup all of your documents, music, pictures, videos and any thing else. A 1Tb external HD is the best way and is only about $75 or less if you find them on sale. Don't expect a simple USB thumb drive to hold it all unless you don't have much to backup.

2. Locate any program disks ( including your Windows disks ) you have of the stuff you had installed and keep them handy if needed later.

3. If your system didn't come with your Windows disks... you were suppose to make your own copy using the utils that came installed on your computer... do this first... in fact, you should have already done it but most of my clients don't for whatever reason.

Do not proceed until you have covered those 2-3 steps... It's likely that you won't have to use any of them, but it's better being safe than loosing it all because you didn't take a little bit of prep time.
Thanks. I had all the backups ready before I tried the switch. So far so good.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thanks. I had all the backups ready before I tried the switch. So far so good.

You're always welcome... but since you'd already upgraded... it was more for others considering it so they could be prepared... Still it's good to hear about someone that did actually backup stuff... :)

While still on that subject... My current recommendation is to wait for it... let MS roll out some of the updates and fixes ... it's going to be available for free for a year from when they released it. I needed to do it as it's part of my job to know about new versions of Windows and their possible issues...

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
You're always welcome... but since you'd already upgraded... it was more for others considering it so they could be prepared... Still it's good to hear about someone that did actually backup stuff... :)

While still on that subject... My current recommendation is to wait for it... let MS roll out some of the updates and fixes ... it's going to be available for free for a year from when they released it. I needed to do it as it's part of my job to know about new versions of Windows and their possible issues...

My SSD went out on me a few months back. This time when I reloaded everything the new drive I pretty much have windows and thats it. Upgrading didn't concern me too much there's very little to replace on this pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread