Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
If I had to do it again, I would've started with the lux instead. As it is the lux or X are on the short list

The "X" also uses Silver plated contacts ~ thus is a firing champ like the LUX. It is my 2nd most favored. I say 'second' because I like the form factor and the feel of the LUX (22mm vs. 23mm / Alu-Bronze vs. Steel).

However, the "X" is value for money too ~ b'coz for that price you are getting all the sections for any 18xxx series battery. Has an AFC and an awesome switch. I'm vaping on a "X" with kayfun Lite as I write.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The "X" also uses Silver plated contacts ~ thus is a firing champ like the LUX. It is my 2nd most favored. I say 'second' because I like the form factor and the feel of the LUX (22mm vs. 23mm / Alu-Bronze vs. Steel).

However, the "X" is value for money too ~ b'coz for that price you are getting all the sections for any 18xxx series battery. Has an AFC and an awesome switch. I'm vaping on a "X" with Kayfun Lite as I write.

Yeah, the Lux would cost $40-$50 more, if you got all 3 tubes. Personally, the Lux with the 18490 tube is my favorite. I don't often use 18350s or 18650s. The ..490 size feels about right for me. Plus, I like the warm feel of the Alu/Bronze.

Vapourz_411

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Simi Valley, CA, USA
^Superb :)
One of the best mods money can buy. I love my LUX, cannot imagine life without it!

Thank you qorax...Like you, I have quite a few high end - good quality mods, but the LUX is my favorite...it looks and feels like a piece of fine jewelry, yet hits harder than any other mod I own...undeniably one of the best ever made!!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Viva Vapour Art Workmanship!

2iasar7.jpg

2ivmhde.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Just got a Lux V2.5 350 w/ spare SS 350 tube. Have a few V3s and a xtra V3 button.

First time playing with the V2.5 switch but I must say I do understand why some people are on the fence about which switch is better, the V2.5 or V3.

BOTH are awesome.

From the 'looks' point of view I like the v2.5 switch better than the current iteration. However, on ease of use / functionality / maintenance point of view the v3 is superior. Due to two important design upgrades:

1. The Screw at it's -ve end (vs. the 'nut' in v2.5), AND
2. Reverse threaded Locking Ring.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
IMO, for looks: v2.1 > v2.5 > v3; and functionality / maintenance: v3 > v2.5 > v2.1. Different strokes for different folks.

I like that the negative pin of the v3 switch can be adjusted with a flathead screwdriver instead of a metric hex socket used with the previous versions.

Bingo! We are like minded indeed ;)

EmE247

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
From the 'looks' point of view I like the v2.5 switch better than the current iteration. However, on ease of use / functionality / maintenance point of view the v3 is superior. Due to two important design upgrades:

1. The Screw at it's -ve end (vs. the 'nut' in v2.5), AND
2. Reverse threaded Locking Ring.

Probably less maintenance needed with the v2.5 switch as it doesn't have gaps like the v3.0 for dust/particles to get into.

I remember cleaning a V3 switch after about 3 weeks of use and was pretty surprised how dirty it was inside.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Probably less maintenance needed with the v2.5 switch as it doesn't have gaps like the v3.0 for dust/particles to get into.

I remember cleaning a V3 switch after about 3 weeks of use and was pretty surprised how dirty it was inside.

I'd believe both'd be similar ME, in terms of getting messed up. I was talking about the ease of maintenance, with the v3. Being screwed together (rather than bolted) it's a breeze to disassemble, clean and reassemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread