Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I only have the 2.5 switch in Lux but I'm not a fan of the gold/silver plating so give me the 2.5 switch with a brass or aluminum bronze button and the negative connection from the v3.

I like that the v3 has an aluminum bronze button, that way I don't have to worry about wrecking the plating (I still gravitate towards the non-LUX v2.5 top cap and switch). I still have a spare unused v2.5 LUX button kit just in case (I'll probably never use it).

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I like that the v3 has an aluminum bronze button, that way I don't have to worry about wrecking the plating (I still gravitate towards the non-LUX v2.5 top cap and switch). I still have a spare unused v2.5 LUX button kit just in case (I'll probably never use it).

^That me too. There was no reason to plate the externals of the Lux v2.5 switch, just an Alu-Bronze button would have sufficed. It has the best internals already ~ and that's what does the business.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I got lucky when I got my Lux 2.5 second hand and the plating on the button was in really good condition. At least I think it's still plated. A little Neverdull has brought it out about as good as it's gonna get. It ain't perfect but it's not too shabby.
I'm already wanting to replace it with a brass 2.5 button when/if they ever come back in stock.
Internal-wise I prefer brass over silver or gold plated anything. IMHO plating is just an unneccessary point of wear/failure.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my GP gear, these are just little nit-picks.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I got lucky when I got my Lux 2.5 second hand and the plating on the button was in really good condition. At least I think it's still plated. A little Neverdull has brought it out about as good as it's gonna get.

I wouldn't use polish on gold or silver plating. A light alcohol or soap and water wipe should be sufficient. You can polish a brass button and have it shine just as nice as a gold plated button.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
^Yep, no polish over Gold, Silver, Rhodium etc. platings. Just a lukewarm soapy wash is all it needs from time to time.

And I'm just the opposite ~ I love Gold/Silver plated contacts, rather than plain brass. It just makes my life a lot easier. As of now I don't purchase any mod if its contacts are not plated by precious metals.

EmE247

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Lux-icious.

k17j7.jpg

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
^Yep, no polish over Gold, Silver, Rhodium etc. platings. Just a lukewarm soapy wash is all it needs from time to time.

And I'm just the opposite ~ I love Gold/Silver plated contacts, rather than plain brass. It just makes my life a lot easier. As of now I don't purchase any mod if its contacts are not plated by precious metals.

Ya know, I'm actually starting to question my switch. It looks like it's already showing tarnish.
The original owner mentioned having the switch replaced due to it auto-firing out of the box.
Is there a way to tell a 2.5 Lux switch from a regular other than the gold plating? Can I just get the Lux replacement pack to put it back to original?... if it ever comes back in stock.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Ya know, I'm actually starting to question my switch. It looks like it's already showing tarnish.
The original owner mentioned having the switch replaced due to it auto-firing out of the box.
Is there a way to tell a 2.5 Lux switch from a regular other than the gold plating? Can I just get the Lux replacement pack to put it back to original?... if it ever comes back in stock.

If both the switches are kept side-by-side you can notice the difference. The Gold plated Lux switch has a brighter & whiter sheen than the non-plated Paps v2.5 switch. Just alone ~ there's no way of understanding which one is which.

Yes, the Lux Replacement Kit can be swapped perfectly with any v2.5 switch. And it usually is in stock at Vapour Art.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I don't have a regular 2.5 to compare to but the button color is kinda close to the color of the tube itself. No worries, I'm just as happy with a brass button. In fact my original goal was to replace it with the brass and just tuck the Lux parts safely away. Not that I'd ever consider selling it.
I've been looking ever since I got the Lux and the parts kit has been out of stock along with the brass button. I was hoping to pick it up and a brass button this past Vapourday but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread