Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere

colossalK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
+ the Price difference, Quality remaining typically the same, while the LUX is a new material and Size do matter!

lux comes 18350 standard + other tubes you need to order + shipping from greece, other tubes are $38 round up to $40 a piece each and the mod is $157 round up to 160 so thats $240 for all sizes + shipping overseas.

chi you is one mod with different sized rings that you can configure in various ways such as 18350 or with kick, 18500 or with kick 18650 or with kick and is retailed at $225 and i paid for priority getting me it shipped for $231

so price argument is pretty null for me at least, I use primarily 18650's but thinking of switching all my things over to 18490 since its just a better compromise on size/capacity and max cont. discharge.

ugh im drooling over that lux though, gonna try to pick it up this friday

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
lux comes 18350 standard + other tubes you need to order + shipping from greece, other tubes are $38 round up to $40 a piece each and the mod is $157 round up to 160 so thats $240 for all sizes + shipping overseas.

chi you is one mod with different sized rings that you can configure in various ways such as 18350 or with kick, 18500 or with kick 18650 or with kick and is retailed at $225 and i paid for priority getting me it shipped for $231

so price argument is pretty null for me at least, I use primarily 18650's but thinking of switching all my things over to 18490 since its just a better compromise on size/capacity and max cont. discharge.

ugh im drooling over that lux though, gonna try to pick it up this friday

Hi, Thanks. I didn't know that. That the Chi-Yu comes with all the three tubes. My bad.
I only use my mods in 18350 mode, hence never realized. My LUX costed me $181.79 CAD, incl Shipping.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I like 18350 but they can't keep with with subohms for me.

The 18500 & 18650 tubes should be out in a couple more weeks... In the mean time I believe that, TroyDestroy said that the GhostModder tubes fit the Lux 2.5 cap & switch.

I'm thinking that they may also be a good option as far as keeping the original Lux tubes in pristine condition.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The 18500 & 18650 tubes should be out in a couple more weeks... In the mean time I believe that, TroyDestroy said that the GhostModder tubes fit the Lux 2.5 cap & switch.

I'm thinking that they may also be a good option as far as keeping the original Lux tubes in pristine condition.

Perfect.
I got a Ghost Modder's 18350 (Brass) tube for my Paps-SS and that FITS perfectly over my LUX end-caps too! U can't go wrong with GM's tubes - and they r inexpensive too :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Ordered this yesterday to keep my PAPS' (+vape stuff) happy & safe...

Ref.: Vapor Joe
Price: $34.95 Shipped (to Canada)
Note: Some customization being done/accepted before shipment
Lead time: 3-4 business days

Received a 'progress update' image from Scott yesterday,

My Mod Stand should be ready for shipping on Friday, yay :)

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Perfect.
I got a Ghost Modder's 18350 (Brass) tube for my Paps-SS and that FITS perfectly over my LUX end-caps too! U can't go wrong with GM's tubes - and they r inexpensive too :)

Would I be correct in assuming that you're using the GUS tubes???
GUS / PAPS PARTS | THE GHOST MODDER

I was going to go ahead place an order while I was thinking about it... Hopefully they'll get here at the same time as my LUX.

colossalK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
NJ

isnt the point of buying a mod using the mod? pristine condition is good for reselling only IMO

I'm on 0.9-1.1ohms. And having no issues with the LUX. My previous main was the Paps-SS in 18650 mode, but since the arrival of the LUX that one has become my stand-by device.

im dripping .4 - .5 ohms dual coil.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
isnt the point of buying a mod using the mod? pristine condition is good for reselling only IMO
I agree 100%... I'm usually pretty brutal on my stuff but that doesn't mean that you don't get "OH ....." feeling the 1st time a new PV lands on concrete... Trust me, nothing of mine remains pristine too long. Perhaps a better choice of words would have been "I'm thinking that they may also be a good option as far as prolonging the inevitable."

colossalK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
^We also resort to Ghost Modder for a tube that we didn't buy initially or was unavailable. Eg. my Paps 2.1 was SS, but I wanted a Brass look too and GP wasn't manufacturing a Brass version that time.

that makes more sense

I agree 100%... I'm usually pretty brutal on my stuff but that doesn't mean that you don't get "OH ....." feeling the 1st time a new PV lands on concrete... Trust me, nothing of mine remains pristine too long. Perhaps a better choice of words would have been "I'm thinking that they may also be a good option as far as prolonging the inevitable."

much better

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Mine just arrived. I think I'm in love. Nope...I'm in love.

It actually hits just a hair bit harder then my poldiac. It's so wittle! I actually got a kick out of how little the poldiac was compared to my provari. Now I have the lux & the poldiac feels like a light saber compared to it. I can't even imagine using my provari again.

Everything about it is top notch. So smooth.

Attachments

• 20130606_174309.jpg
    20130606_174309.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread