Not open for further replies.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Well in one potato swipe, he removes each of my entries. :(

Potato....I'm tellin JoawesomeQueen that your labeling again.

One of the few items I respect com Asian history is the abacus or the counting frame.
I may or may not have one made with potato pieces. I can count to potato now.

montara

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Nor-Cal
FLUX
"cause I see this making love to my LUX:)

Flux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A simple and ubiquitous concept throughout physics and applied mathematics is the flow of a physical property in space, frequently also with time variation. It is the basis of the field concept in physics and mathematics, with two principal applications: in transport phenomena and surface integrals. The terms "flux", "current", "flux density", "current density", can sometimes be used interchangeably and ambiguously, though the terms used below match those of the contexts in the literature.:blink:

or FLUXUX

The word flux comes from Latin: fluxus means "flow", and fluere is "to flow".[1] As fluxion, this term was introduced into differential calculus by Isaac Newton.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Αθήνα (Athena)

The Patron Goddess of City of Athens, is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration and many others (viz. civilization, law & justice, warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill). Athena is also a shrewd companion of heroes and is the goddess of heroic endeavour.

Though Athena is a goddess of war strategy, she disliked fighting without purpose and preferred to use wisdom to settle predicaments. As patron of Athens she fought in the Trojan war on the side of the Achaeans.

Athena has been used numerous times as a symbol of a republic by different countries and appears on their currency ~ as she did on the ancient drachma of Athens.

Main attributes for naming the Spheroid-22: -Easily conceivable as originating from Greece

Kane76

Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
How about "Bravo or Brava" which is a synonym for "well-done" or "splendid".
Since all of Team GP's products come to us with nothing g but perfection...we all, in some way express a "bravo" of some sort. Whether it's out loud or quietly in amazement, wearing a grin from ear to ear...we all express our own special "bravo" in the end.

"GP Bravo" or "GP Brava"

ln617

Mar 29, 2013
detroit, mi, usa
A solenoid (from the French solénoïde, derived in turn from the Greek solen "pipe, channel" + combining form of Greek eidos "form, shape"[1]) is a coil wound into a tightly packed helix. The term was invented by French physicist André-Marie Ampère to designate a helical coil.[2]

solenoid.jpg

GP Solenoid

or GP Void

Last edited:

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
If I had designed the spheroid and also designed its successor, I believe keeping the original as part of the name would be important.

I'd also want to acknowledge the refinement and changes that went into development of the final product.

And lastly, I'd want to make sure that it could also be called on it's own without having to juggle too many syllables.

I humbly submit my suggestions:

Spheorid Apex
if "Spheroid" suggests "round" and "constant arc", apex seems fitting in describing the absolute top of that arc.

Spheroid Delta
can be thought of as "change" or "difference". commonly, a difference in velocity

Spheroid Belle
a nod to the shape of the collector (and I guess it's head), but also in french, "beauty" (of which i have no doubt she'll be)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Spheroid Concordé
Meaning: Agreement, harmony or union
Referring: The seamless mating of Spheroid-22 with a Paps (or any M20/1 device) due it's proprietary connector

For the beginning of the journey once again...

"Men of vision designed this wonderful machine, men of passion built her,
and I hope that it will be said - men of skill and daring flew her."

~Capt. Adrian Thompson
Concorde Pilot, last Heathrow-New York flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread