Status
Not open for further replies.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Someone correct me if my chemistry is wrong, but brass contains lead, and will cause lead poisoning. I have always been concerned about those beautiful but deadly brass atomizers some pipe folks use.

Brass generally contains about 2% lead yes. Other people are more than free to vape liquid that has been in contact with lead but I sure won't be.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning
Wikipedia said:
No safe threshold for lead exposure has been discovered—that is, there is no known sufficiently small amount of lead that will not cause harm to the body.

Last edited:

Pathology

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Vienna, IL

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Not to cause a feud, but you know that the positive post on your Origen Dripper is brass..right?

Yup. I'm barely ok with it. The only reason im sort of ok with it is because when you tighten the top portion down the brass is barely exposed, and for me personally I can deal with that. If any more of it was exposed I would be more hesitant to vape with it. I do wish it was stainless or at least silver plated or something.

Like I said , I don't care what people vape on at all, there are just possible risks associated with large amounts of juice coming in to contact with brass, and vaping is all about reducing risks to as close to zero as possible IMO.

Pathology

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Vienna, IL
Yup. I'm barely ok with it. The only reason im sort of ok with it is because when you tighten the top portion down the brass is barely exposed, and for me personally I can deal with that. If any more of it was exposed I would be more hesitant to vape with it. I do wish it was stainless or at least silver plated or something.

Like I said , I don't care what people vape on at all, there are just possible risks associated with large amounts of juice coming in to contact with brass, and vaping is all about reducing risks to as close to zero as possible IMO.

I agree with you completely on all counts. I'm very much against brass touching juice. I am also like minded with my Origen Dripper. You just sounded absolute, and I wanted you to be aware so you didn't freak out later when you realized lol.

..Sent from the vape lair..

millertime660

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Central Mass

Akdare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
DFW, Texas
Yup. There was a lot of thought put into making it. Its from a guy that prioritizes safety. And there was some extensive investigation before getting them out there.

I know some might probably still be hesitant but I was more than fine with the measures taken.

I'm glad you're fine with it.

Because the disclaimer on the epipes listing is enough for me to not go near them.

Lead is a heavy metal that accumulate, because once in your body, it never leaves, and can take years to manifest symptoms.

Like smoking...

...Nuff said.

millertime660

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Central Mass
I'm glad you're fine with it.

Because the disclaimer on the epipes listing is enough for me to not go near them.

Lead is a heavy metal that accumulate, because once in your body, it never leaves, and can take years to manifest symptoms.

Like smoking...

...Nuff said.

exactly lol! Thanks for the heads up though

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
WillI have any problems taking my vape gear or liquid across the border? The only other time I've been to Canada was on the other side of Niagara Falls for a couple of hours... and that was 24 years ago...

I don't come to the US often , but every time it's a nightmare. It takes hours and I always get pulled inside for questioning. Now maybe it's because I'm Canadian but when I come home my stop at the border takes under 1min.

I don't think you'll have a issue at all, nothing you're bringing with you is illegal in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread